Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times

Advertisements

Well... I guess... reading.....

I started in poverty.... moved into the working..and now... yes we're middle class with working class undertones. Hubby nor I neither have college degree's, but are beginning to acquire the assets (albeit slowly) that should start working for us through that hard work. Now... all bet's are off if some new tax is mandated or any number of life events happen...but right now.... it's as good as it gets....

Old 06-30-2015, 10:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
[quote=petch751;40226262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

Yes, I am a small business owner who employs people therefor I am an employer. And??? Do democrats and liberals think employing people is bad too?
Gee girl you got me pegged for something im not. Im neither liberal or conservative. Im whats left of a dying breed of moderates who used to stand between the crazy extremists like you(conservative) and other liberal extremists.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:49 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
[quote=hawaiian by heart;40226641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Gee girl you got me pegged for something im not. Im neither liberal or conservative. Im whats left of a dying breed of moderates who used to stand between the crazy extremists like you(conservative) and other liberal extremists.
Me too... I think. But each day I read this board I begin to even question that.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,759,437 times
[quote=aus10;40226673]
Quote:

Me too... I think. But each day I read this board I begin to even question that.
Lol you too huh? Insane asylum huh?

Old 06-30-2015, 11:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:

So far you've done nothing but attack. Do you have anything of use, of intelligence you can contribute?

Damn you got your previous quote all screwed up and it's causing problems trying to quote you for other posters.

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 11:48 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Well... I guess... reading.....

I started in poverty.... moved into the working..and now... yes we're middle class with working class undertones. Hubby nor I neither have college degree's, but are beginning to acquire the assets (albeit slowly) that should start working for us through that hard work. Now... all bet's are off if some new tax is mandated or any number of life events happen...but right now.... it's as good as it gets....
If you get a raise, make higher income, extra money above your expenses to build those assets (wealth).... unfortunately if you make more government will just take more making it even harder for you to build your wealth... and around the hamster wheel the middle class goes.

Reduce expenses, learn and use the tax code, change the type of income you earn phasing out as much W2 income as you can, learn the difference between good and bad debt. Understand that the rich think and do things differently, the poor and a lot of the middle class will listen to the rhetoric and jumps on the Democratic bandwagon but years from now, nothing will change for them..

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 PM

The wealthy believe money is about freedom that's why they focus on building wealth that produces an income, and by income, I don't mean w2 income. Among the many money issues misperceived by the general public is the notion that acquiring great wealth is more about showing off than creating choices.

It’s impossible to be truly free without wealth. The middle class is controlled by employment, government, and other entities that dictate what they can and can’t do. It’s tough when you’re worried about making your next mortgage payment. It's hard to build wealth, to move toward being truly free when you are in debt and in order to put money aside you must make more money, yet by making more money, they take more money. It's a trap. It's not about "stuff" it's about your freedom and the middle class is trapped unless they make some serious changes.

Regardless what the politicians say, bringing someone else down isn't going to help you.

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 01:00 PM..

Old 06-30-2015, 02:09 PM

Oh and it gets worse for the middle class. Your elderly middle class parents need healthcare. Partial recovery they need rehab so off to rehab center they go. Medicare gets used up but now how do they pay? The parent will always need 24/7 assistance, a high fall risk. Do you middle class people get help... NOPE, Your elderly parents are middle class, they aren't poor, they make too much, "barely" but not enough to pay for help, guess who that care falls on, the middle class kids of course, the family is on your own. It might make you feel better to know that although you can't get help, the poor get all kind of help. Middle class is screwed.

If your parent can spend down and qualify for medicaid but has a home, you can sign papers where after passing the government comes for recovery. They give you assistance but the parent will have to pay all of their income and can keep a whopping $45 for spending money. They can't support their home any longer, so either the parent comes home and the kids lives are a living hell trying to do it all or the family has to pay the parents bills until the parent can come home or sell the house. Middle class is screwed again.

The kids could quit your job, give up their own lives, could pay for their care, but now you put your financial well being at poverty levels. It will make you feel better to know that the poor get all kinds of help.

While the middle class is screwed and exhausted from doing it all, it might make you feel better that even though you can't get help, the poor get all kinds of help.

Last edited by petch751; 06-30-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-30-2015, 05:35 PM

The individual health insurance market subsidies in the Affordable Care Act do two things:

1. they subsidize some low wage workers, and
2. they make work less attractive for those workers by increasing the effective marginal tax rate on higher income.

Because the ACA premium subsidies depend on income, the higher your income, the smaller your premium subsidy. It also means that as your income climbs you lose some of those government subsidies. It works the same way as a marginal tax rate increase: you get less net financial benefit for additional income. This is an unavoidable downside of a social safety net based on income.

This same problem applies to food stamps, the Earned Income Tax Credit, low-income housing vouchers, and in fact any government benefit that gets reduced as one’s income climbs. The effect results from phasing out subsidies as income climbs, any kind of subsidies.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Petch, you've bumped this 5 times in as many hours. Its got 115 pages. The topics dead. I know its hard to let go.....but try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies