Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 05:53 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Here's what you don't seem to grasp: the right to refuse service to someone because they are gay does not exist. If it seems to you the baker's rights have been violated, that means you don't understand what rights this baker has. You've confused how you think things should be with how things really are.
I am demonstrating that this issue is not single sided and People of Faith are getting their Rights trumped on. Plus I will do business with any I choose to. Business goes both ways.
Its has to be good for the Business as well as the Customer.
Yet anther attempt to sue for acceptance by the Gay Community.:thin k:

Old 02-04-2015, 05:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,225,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I am demonstrating that this issue is not single sided and People of Faith are getting their Rights trumped on. Plus I will do business with any I choose to. Business goes both ways.
No, an attempt to sue because a business wan not following the laws that had been in place since before the bakery opened. : think:

Old 02-04-2015, 06:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why do the anti-gay crowd feel the need to discriminate against homosexuals?
Simply because they find the sex acts gays do to be grossly repugnant, such as oral sex. Surely these offended people would not do such sex acts with the opposite sex.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:05 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,294,241 times
Quote:
No one is trumping on your rights. The ability to not serve people if you have a business is not a guaranteed right.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,785,560 times
Quote:
This about the rights of the Business Owners. Not only choose whom they want to do business with , but this turns in a US Constitutional Issue. For those of you have forgotten your US Constitution and American History in HS.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

This has nothing to do with beings "Bigot" . What about the Rights of the Bakery??????

I guess some of you don not care about that!
The bakery is a company. It doesn't have 1st Amendment rights.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, an attempt to sue because a business wan not following the laws that had been in place since before the bakery opened. : think:
This law is Unconstitutional, because it goes against the Freedom of Religion. which is in direct conflict with this Oregon Law. Where is DOJ defending the Constitution and Rights of the Business.

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The bakery is a company. It doesn't have 1st Amendment rights.
But the Owners are US Citizens and Pay Taxes! So in away you asking the Owners to Ignore their religious Beliefs and their Constructional Rights??

You can not have both ways.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
This law is Unconstitutional, because it goes against the Freedom of Religion. which is in direct conflict with this Oregon Law. Where is DOJ defending the Constitution and Rights of the Business.

Why is it right wingers always pull quotes out of the damn constitution, like we don't know what it says? Limiting your ability to discriminate against people does not = impeding the free exercise of religion. You are free to not support nor take part in a gay wedding to your hearts desire. You are not free to deny selling a cake to someone just because they might use it at their wedding however. Basically put, the 1st amendment must be in harmony with the 14th.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You could substitute any group in your statement and come to the same conclusion if you wanted. The point is to eradicate discrimination in places that serve the public. If you want to discriminate then do it in the privacy of your own home.
No, not the public. The point is to serve the protected class, who hold the "magic card" which eliminates the protection of the 1st amendment from their targets. Without the protection of the Constitution Christians (or anyone) are easy targets for these people.
The gays are raking it in with these new laws.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not the public. The point is to serve the protected class, who hold the "magic card" which eliminates the protection of the 1st amendment from their targets. Without the protection of the Constitution Christians (or anyone) are easy targets for these people.
The gays are raking it in with these new laws.
Again, you still have your protections. I don't get why you ring wingers don't understand that the 1st amendment is not enshrined in some holy level of glory that trumps all other amendments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies