Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 09:53 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

refusing service to minorities for anybody in business is a bad move.
you dont have to like them just make sure you dont appear to refuse to serve someone bek they are minority.

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
How can you folks possibly be this obtuse?

In states where sexual orientation is a protected class, everyone is legally protected against discrimination based upon sexual orientation. This means that heterosexuals cannot be discriminated against due to their sexual orientation. In other words, a homosexual baker cannot refuse to make a cake for a heterosexual couple if they do make cakes for homosexual couples.

A baker can refuse to bake a cake for a KKK member, if that refusal is unrelated to that KKK member's inclusion within a protected class. For example, "people who wear pointy white clown suits", "people who burn down churches", "people who teach their children to hate other human beings"---none of these constitute a protected class. Therefore, the baker can choose to deny servicing these individuals for any of those reasons.

On the other hand, if the baker refuses to bake a cake for a KKK member because she is female, or because they are receiving public assistance, or because they are a homosexual (you all know who you are!). Then, the baker is guilty of violating anti-discrimination laws because each of these groups is a protected class.
Exactly. Unfortunately, this has been explained maybe 50+ times. These folks are either a) not bright enough to understand b) so religious that they won't be happy until the USA is under a Christian Sharia Law c) willfully ignorant and just can't accept that it is harder to be a hateful bigot in this country now.

Religion is being used as a crutch for many here. To me, God is love and only love. By God, I mean the trees, the sky, animals, a breeze etc... Not some arrogant omnipotent being that judges and only knows the darkness of hatred. Sounds like an evil SOB that I want no part of. But many here worship this SOB and that is just sad.

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
WHy do you demand that gay rights trump everyone else?
What gay rights? We are not talking about any gay rights, we are talking about discrimination. This baker wants to discriminate, it would not matter if she wanted to discriminate against Jews either or if she refused service for atheist. Is that simple for you to understand, or do you still want to beat this old dead horse some more.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Christians and answer to a higher cause. have standards, do you? Its not about hate its standing your ground. Christians runs their business with Christian ideals in play everyday. Its not about "special deals you get because you Christian or a believer" Matter of fact its a challenge, some days to balance this world values with the kingdom of God.
People choose who they want to do business with every day.
You may understand this maybe.
Your standing in Line at a fashionable Dance club in NYC. The bouncer looks at some in shorts and bad shirt. Don't you think you will be the last one if at all, allowed in the club?

People make business decisions everyday. If you do not feel comfortable with a piece a business , one should walk away and let that client choose anther Dance Club.

So are you going sue that Club, because you were not dress in a recognized label?
What? YOu are losing it and using any dodge you can. It is about hate, it is about using ones bible to deny service. I do not go to dance clubs, I do not go to NYC, I live in a small rural town. Your attempt at using a gay discription is lame and juvenile. Your grammar and spelling stinks, you should try spell check now and then. Take another drink.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
YOUR SACRAMENTS BELONG IN THE RELIGION FORUM go there with your bible quotes
You asked and I delivered. I take it, you were not prepared someone who does not drink you cool aid?

I had to demonstrate why the Gay Movement is Discriminating and destroying a Christian businesses. Just because a Baker whom probably barely had a 4000sq foot facility and worked70 -80a week, with one store stood up for their rights.

Think about that for a moment?

Old 02-04-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
You asked and I delivered. I take it, you were not prepared someone who does not drink you cool aid?

I had to demonstrate why the Gay Movement is Discriminating and destroying a Christian businesses. Just because a Baker whom probably barely had a 4000sq foot facility and worked70 -80a week, with one store stood up for their rights.

Think about that for a moment?
No, it is that I will not drink the Kool Aid spread out by religion. The baker never had the right to discriminate, so they had nothing to stand up for, she was a fool, stupid for using her religion to discriminate, she deserves to lose her business wether it was gays, blacks, jews, atheist or anyone that she chose to use her bible to discrimate with. Why don't you think that through. Do you think that a Jewish baker should be allowed to refuse service to a Christian customer?

Old 02-04-2015, 10:13 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,032 times
Quote:
What? YOu are losing it and using any dodge you can. It is about hate, it is about using ones bible to deny service. I do not go to dance clubs, I do not go to NYC, I live in a small rural town. Your attempt at using a gay discription is lame and juvenile. Your grammar and spelling stinks, you should try spell check now and then. Take another drink.
No I had to put it in terms you may understand. This is about business choices that fit in a owners values system.
So I am making my point. This is where you started calling names and divert attention from a Unconstitutional Law that the Supreme court and the DOJ should review?

Equal protection? For Whom?

The Radical abuse of the Law in order to put one class of people over anther. A business owner forced to close the doors. Happy?

How many people is out of work?

Anything else?

Old 02-04-2015, 10:54 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,096,953 times
Quote:
No I had to put it in terms you may understand. This is about business choices that fit in a owners values system.
So I am making my point. This is where you started calling names and divert attention from a Unconstitutional Law that the Supreme court and the DOJ should review?

Equal protection? For Whom?

The Radical abuse of the Law in order to put one class of people over anther. A business owner forced to close the doors. Happy?

How many people is out of work?

Anything else?
This mark the third time I will ask this, and probably the third time you will intentionally ignore it because the question is too hard: but what Christian value did the bakery fulfill? Yeah, I get, homosexuality is an abomination. But sinners can eat cake to. Jesus didn't turn people away who lived lives of sin. Why would his followers do so, then claim their doing what he wants? Why would he want you to do the literal opposite of what he did?

Besides, if God is the main force behind marriage, let him handle it. It's not the bakeries department to meddle with the business. Let the people preforming the marriage worry about it, and if God isn't happy, he can kill them like he used to. And the baker can just bake a cake and not care what happens with it. It's a cake. It represents nothing. It's desert. Does the baker really care who's eating it? And again, it comes down to the whole Jesus thing. If Jesus were a baker, do you really think he'd trouble himself with who's eating the cake? Considering he happily hung around with prostitutes and thieves, I can't imagine he'd really care if two dudes trying to secure their assets through secular marriage would want a cake to go with the event.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:56 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,312 times
Why would anyone want to do business with a couple of bible thumping bigots? It's funny how these two a holes broke the law, but now try to make it look like they are the ones who are the victims. You only have to look at a few posters on here to notice that some bible thumpers love being a victim. They love using their religion as a weapon, but when it backfires on them they come a crying about how they are being treated because their "deeply held religious beliefs" are suppose to allow them to be bigots.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
No, it is that I will not drink the Kool Aid spread out by religion. The baker never had the right to discriminate, so they had nothing to stand up for, she was a fool, stupid for using her religion to discriminate, she deserves to lose her business wether it was gays, blacks, jews, atheist or anyone that she chose to use her bible to discrimate with. Why don't you think that through. Do you think that a Jewish baker should be allowed to refuse service to a Christian customer?
Absolutely I do. The baker in question here was IMO wrong, small minded, mean spirited and IMO certainly not following the Biblical teachings they say they follow but my opinion should not be law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies