Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 10:42 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,041,335 times

Advertisements

I still like Kendrick Lamar by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 10:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I have to be a crack addict to know what addicts go through? I have to live in the black communities to know the problems?

Ben Carson worked his way out of poverty by hard work and education, I guess he doesn't count right?..... because he left poverty unlike Obama who never lived poor in the black community.

Because Carson is a black conservative (a bad word in black communities thanks to the brainwashing by the Democrat Party) he says crazy stuff and is a black Sarah Palin? .......is that the narrative from the left for all conservatives?......please
Stop smacking yourself in the head, this is why you aren't making any sense.

Unless you work with crack addicts or have direct contact with them.. no, you don't know what they go through. More than likely you are projecting what you see in movies or hear on the news.

Ben Carson worked his way out so he can talk all day about how he worked his way out. I worked my way out as well so I can talk about how I worked my way out. However, I can't stroll up in the hood and tell them what their experiences are and how my way will work for them.

Some of you seem to think because a person is Black it means they have their pulse on the Black experience.

We are individuals.

and what the heck does Obama have to do with Ben Carson in this thread?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
I still like Kendrick Lamar by the way.
All my life I had to fight!!!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Stop smacking yourself in the head, this is why you aren't making any sense.

Unless you work with crack addicts or have direct contact with them.. no, you don't know what they go through. More than likely you are projecting what you see in movies or hear on the news.

Ben Carson worked his way out so he can talk all day about how he worked his way out. I worked my way out as well so I can talk about how I worked my way out. However, I can't stroll up in the hood and tell them what their experiences are and how my way will work for them.

Some of you seem to think because a person is Black it means they have their pulse on the Black experience.

We are individuals.

and what the heck does Obama have to do with Ben Carson in this thread?

1) so basically only Americans can talk about the problems of this nation that only is related to their skin color?

2) Ben Carson can say what he wants, its a free country. He can go to the black communities and be an example on how to get out of poverty by education, hard work and personal responsibility. That blue print you can apply to any poor American regardless of skin color....its up to the people of the community to listen and try something different or keep doing the same thing which for most is not working......is that enough sense for you?

3) with a high unemployment rate, high % of school dropouts, high crime rate , high out of wedlock pregnancies in the black community OBVIOUSLY something is NOT working.......the stats don't lie.....if you take offense for people like Ben Carson being an example and showing them a different path for many who are stuck on poor communities then you are part of the problem.

4) My point about Obama since it went over your head is the black community embraced Obama as one of their own when in reality he is half white, was raised by his white grandparents and went to the best private schools in Hawaii and never had any contact with the african-american black culture until he arrived in Chicago and went into politics , far from the black poor experience........now comes Ben Carson a black man raised by a poor single black mother in a black community and got out of poverty by education, hard work and personal responsibility and since he is a conservative and is not shy to tell the truth about the RAP INDUSTRY, something Obama won't touch for political reasons, many in the black community like yourself finds him offensive....yeah like Ben Carson is the problem in the black communities.....get real!

Old 04-10-2015, 02:22 PM

5,363 posts, read 5,141,382 times
I just love the fact that I would get like 198 infractions if I posted the lyrics of a Lil' Wayne song on C-D.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I just love the fact that I would get like 198 infractions if I posted the lyrics of a Lil' Wayne song on C-D.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:29 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
I used to love going to the clubs back in the day. It was a reason I ended up becoming a DJ. I was like "man I can do this!" No doubt about it though you do meet some strange and interesting people.

God to be 28 again! I'll be 42, so trust me I am feeling my age. Up past midnight on a Friday or Saturday now is late for me! I still scratch that DJ itch, because we'll do "music night" at my house where I play a mash up of songs on You Tube! Stuff my wife and I grew up with, to what our parents listened to, and even some new stuff! I think my absolute favorite new song is Cruise by Florida/Georgia Line with Nelly. It such a summer song, and being that summer is my favorite time of year, well... it just fits! One minute it could be 50 Cent, the next minute CCR, the next Kid Rock to Heart. You just never know!
I've been feeling that way about age 18. To be a an 18 year-old freshman in college again. At the same time, I'm in a better position today.

A part of me does have the urge to DJ a party. Sometimes I wonder how many people under 30 would want that. I listen to alot of old school R&B(Earth Wind and fire, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder,etc). I'm currently listening to George Benson.

My music tastes can be described as interesting. I primarily like the oldies R&B stuff, the stuff my parents grew up with. I also listen to some music made in other parts of the world. Towards the end of my college career, I really started getting into Bossa Nova, particularly Chico Buarque and Toquinho. On some days I would listen to singers like Gino Vannelli, Player,

One song from my high school days I can honestly say I like is Hey Ya by Outkast. Every time I hear that song, I think about my senior year, and how great it was going to be to graduate, get away and move on to college.

Quote:
I understand that a parent's natural reaction is to defend their kid. However; if the kid is guilty...well it is what is, and the parent needs to man up and deal with it.
Not only does the parent need to man up, the kid does too.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
There are aspects of hip-hop and what it says about the black community that I absolutely abhor. These aspects are not the cause but the MANIFESTATION of a decline and deterioration of a segment of the black community. Similar to how Country, Blackened Death Metal, Nu-Metal, Crunk, Scuzz-Rock, and Stoner band music resulted from other far more problematic segments of our society.

Hip-hop is still a musical form of expression, by people who have been the target of racism for centuries, in a society that refuses to address its greatest shame: white racism against black people. Carson's Christian ramblings mean nothing, and frankly the problem within black communities and society as a whole are far deeper and more complicated than he cares to acknowledge.

Carson will be an interesting candidate, great for laughs, but his party will never take him seriously no matter how many controversial statements he makes.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:02 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Carson sounds like a Christian version of a radical Islamist cleric blaming all ills on "the Great Satan".
What's odd? I've been in business for close to 35 years. I have yet to have a college with his pants around his knees, more gold than Mr. T and a hat on sideways yelling Yo Mamma.

Maybe Mr. Carlson is correct? After all he is a very successful individual.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Carson sounds like a Christian version of a radical Islamist cleric blaming all ills on "the Great Satan".
How is this statement not something to think about?

'In 36 states it is actually easier for a person to cultivate all the various entitlement programs than to live on a minimum-wage job, so in a way you can't blame them,' he said at Manchester event according to New Hampshire Public Radio.
'What do we have for it, more people on food stamps, more people in poverty, more broken families, more incarcerations -- everything that was supposed to be better is much worse,' he reportedly said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies