Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Fascinating comments from one who aspires to be president.

Ben Carson blames hip-hop for the deterioration of black communities
Rap is crap with the "C" removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 07:26 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
How Does not compute.
Why not?

I enjoy operas and I can't speak Italian or German. I'm from metro NY and I enjoy some bluegrass as well. I'm heterosexual but consider The Smiths probably the best of the best.

Because I'm a white tea-party guy I can't enjoy hip hop?

Good music is good music.

I grew up around the east coast rap of the 1990's, so perhaps there is a nostalgia factor at work...recapture lost youth, blah blah blah.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Why not?

I enjoy operas and I can't speak Italian or German. I'm from metro NY and I enjoy some bluegrass as well. I'm heterosexual but consider The Smiths probably the best of the best.

Because I'm a white tea-party guy I can't enjoy hip hop?

Good music is good music.

I grew up around the east coast rap of the 1990's, so perhaps there is a nostalgia factor at work...recapture lost youth, blah blah blah.

This! I mean, I have my preferences, but I can find music from ANY genre in any era that I like. Even with country which is my least favorite genre, there are a few songs I like.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:56 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
an opinion article from Yan Dominic Searcy and you say that is "fact"?

Violent crime is down in Chicago in the black communities????
yes, it's down.

Crime in Chicagoland -- chicagotribune.com

The 24 hour news cycle repeats the same murder 12 times a day so you think crime is up but it's been trending down for years.

There are a lot of cities with worse crime stats than Chicago.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
For a supposedly smart man he sure says a lot of stupid things. The system of aid to families has broken down the family structure in urban areas where the male is encouraged not to be in the home as the benefits will get cut. I'd say this has not helped the plight of urban families... far more than anything hip hop has done.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:03 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
is that a sarcastic question to a real debate?

let me guess, you are from the crowd that only black people can talk about the problems in the black communities, no other race is allow to comment.

well Ben Carson is black and has lived many years poor in the black community.....does he counts??? NAH, he doesn't fit the liberal narrative in the black communities,,,,he is an uncle Tom?,,,,,right?
it's a real debate. You can comment all you want but that doesn't mean it can't be challenged.

How can you talk about the black community when you don't LIVE in it.

Ben Carson hasn't lived in a poor black community for 40 years so he doesn't counts.

Ben isn't an Uncle Tom.. he is a great brain surgeon who is hurting his legacy. He realized he could spout crazy stuff, plagiarize and say damn near anything and get donations and love because there is a segment on the right who will cosign anything just because he is a Black man who isn't a democrat.

He is a Black Sarah Palin who actually went to school and got good grades and has legit accomplishments.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:34 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
it's a real debate. You can comment all you want but that doesn't mean it can't be challenged.

How can you talk about the black community when you don't LIVE in it.

Ben Carson hasn't lived in a poor black community for 40 years so he doesn't counts.

Ben isn't an Uncle Tom.. he is a great brain surgeon who is hurting his legacy. He realized he could spout crazy stuff, plagiarize and say damn near anything and get donations and love because there is a segment on the right who will cosign anything just because he is a Black man who isn't a democrat.

He is a Black Sarah Palin who actually went to school and got good grades and has legit accomplishments.

I have to be a crack addict to know what addicts go through? I have to live in the black communities to know the problems?

Ben Carson worked his way out of poverty by hard work and education, I guess he doesn't count right?..... because he left poverty unlike Obama who never lived poor in the black community.

Because Carson is a black conservative (a bad word in black communities thanks to the brainwashing by the Democrat Party) he says crazy stuff and is a black Sarah Palin? .......is that the narrative from the left for all conservatives?......please

Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Carson figured out that a very lucrative, legal scam is to be a female or minority willing to tell aging, white male Fox News viewers what they want to hear and already believe to be true. He is just the latest person to run this con. Say stupid stuff, line up some personal appearances, collect speaking fees and sell books to idiot right wingers. It still works like a charm.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Carson's problem is he has dirreah of the mouth. He has stupid and crazy views on things. To be fair, you had Cain in 2011/2 who wasnt to bad on social views, his problems was keeping the little guy in his pants. If Carson was another Cain (minus the molestation claims against him,) he would be OK in my book. But using the hip-hop keeps the black man down excuse (FYI, more black men are in higher income due to the rap game,) being gay is a choice (only for bisexuals) and prisons make people gay comments, helps him get stuck in a box that he can't escape.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:22 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
Quote:
Carson is 100% black and came from poverty unlike the half breed in the WH now that was raised by his white grandparents in the best private schools in Hawaii and never experience the poverty in the black communities.

Carson knows a lot more about the problems in the black community than Obama..............some blacks don't like to hear the truth.
I'm not about to be lectured on race by someone who calls people "half breeds"

Quote:
I'm half breed.....I guess I'm racist towards myself also!

throwing the racist card on everything.......let me guess.....liberal Democrat?
I seriously doubt you're only half-human, why are you not in medical journals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies