Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:25 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Sure they did, in the same way that professional wrestling has things going on. It is a minstrel show.
Quote:
Ah, the radio disney camp of hip-hop. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post

who do you like?
Grabs a chair..... <<<waiting>>> -- (but not too long)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:26 PM

73,041 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Had a mix with Back That A** Up into Hypnotize, to Still Not a Player by Big Pun. Big Pimpin' on the other hand, I had a hard time finding a mix for it. Just one of those songs where it was hard to find the beat. As for the east-coast west coast thing..... well... I was always a bit more partial to west coast stuff.

You're right though. Simply blaming the music is a cop out! Christ I listened to metal and they said the same things! At any rate, the blame falls mostly on the parenting. Or lack of it.
The world of a DJ is harder than I imagined. That is one thing I've learned.

Eminem put it best: "They blame it on Marilyn and the heroin, where were the parents at?". One thing I notice about the kids perpetrating that violent crap, lack of parenting, or even abusive parenting.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:26 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
he never said "mainly" or the "ONLY" cause...he said it had a big negative effect.....he has a valid point.

there is a difference is white youths just listening to rap and black kids living that lifestyle in the black communities because its embraced.

the rap culture is not embraced in the white communities. Calling females ******es and hos and calling each other the N word and not respecting the police and authority is not embraced in the white community even though some whites listens to it for entertainment.....its different in the black community, its a way of life. How they talk, how they dress and how they act.
Do you live in a Black community?

You have them all figure out huh?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Ah, the radio disney camp of hip-hop. Good stuff.
I take it you haven't heard his new album

Old 04-09-2015, 12:34 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The world of a DJ is harder than I imagined. That is one thing I've learned.

Eminem put it best: "They blame it on Marilyn and the heroin, where were the parents at?". One thing I notice about the kids perpetrating that violent crap, lack of parenting, or even abusive parenting.

It certainly had its moments. In some ways I miss it. In others? Well... I can't stand a lot of what passes for today's mainstream music, be it hip hop, or top 40, and to spin it in a club would make my ears bleed. Secondly, I don't miss the late nights. I like being home with the family on weekends. I'm going to be 42, so I guess I'm starting to show my age.

Eminem is speaking the truth. I mean, when I was young I listened to some pretty violent stuff, metal and rap included. But I also knew that if I f***ed up, my parents would kick my a**! Nothing wrong with a parent putting a little fear into their kids to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
violence in the black communities especially from the youth has been worse since rap came along.

your are missing the point.....just listening to rap just like watching horror flicks or violent movies will not make a person violent...........embracing that culture in every real life is a problem and rap is embraced in the black community as a way of life....not in the white communities.

that's the difference.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Crime is down in the Black community.

Here is a nice article debunking the theory
Blaming rap for social ills defies history, logicPopular music doesn&apos;t create reality, it reflects it - Chicago Tribune

Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I wonder if you also believe video games is to blame for violence.

Video games do reward players for engaging in certain types of behavior, which many times is violent. But believe it or not, parents also have the power to reward their children for good behavior.

I like Drake, it is good to see an artist like him (an underdog) can make it big. To that, I think I can relate.

I like Tupac, for that song only, life goes on, that song has given me a lot of strength when I really needed.

I like Dr. Ben Carson (a lot actually). I think people have taken his words out of context, maybe.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:41 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I take it you haven't heard his new album
When someone dismisses the '90's East/West thing as a "minstrel show", hearing anything 'new' might mean Hulu's streaming unseen Hee Haw episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
90s rap had the east coast-west coast thing going on. I had no idea until many years later.
Quote:
Sure they did, in the same way that professional wrestling has things going on. It is a minstrel show.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:43 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post

who do you like?
Only serious and mature high brow music, like satanic warmaster.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Do you live in a Black community?

You have them all figure out huh?

is that a sarcastic question to a real debate?

let me guess, you are from the crowd that only black people can talk about the problems in the black communities, no other race is allow to comment.

well Ben Carson is black and has lived many years poor in the black community.....does he counts??? NAH, he doesn't fit the liberal narrative in the black communities,,,,he is an uncle Tom?,,,,,right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies