Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 04:35 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah, so you are a millionaire? Aren't we all on city-data. Going "the extra mile" and pushing yourself doesn't always mean you are going to be successful, nor does it mean you will be a millionaire.
No. It doesn't.
But not doing it nearly guarantees you won't get anywhere.
A million bucks is nothing anymore.
Aim higher.

And given that I seriously doubt you've ever pushed yourself or tried harder than everyone else around you, I doubt you have very much experience on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 04:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He was also taking graduate courses at 12....

http://www.biography.com/people/mark-zuckerberg-507402

And while we are at it...his dad was a dentist...I wonder how he started?

Or are you saying that you should not take what your parents give you?
His father was a dentist, I believe his mother is physician --- that already puts the family that Zuckerberg grew up in in the top 1 %.

Put Zuckerberg in a poor inner-city family, in an inferior school that maybe didn't even have computer programming classes, no special tutor, parents working two jobs each with no time to help with homework---and I doubt he would be where is he is today.

He started out extremely privileged, and his natural intelligence was nurtured by the opportunities provided to him. Few people have those opportunities.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:43 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
His father was a dentist, I believe his mother is physician --- that already puts the family that Zuckerberg grew up in in the top 1 %.

Put Zuckerberg in a poor inner-city family, in an inferior school that maybe didn't even have computer programming classes, no special tutor, parents working two jobs each with no time to help with homework---and I doubt he would be where is he is today.

He started out extremely privileged, and his natural intelligence was nurtured by the opportunities provided to him. Few people have those opportunities.
Guess he has to thank his parents for striving to make their son's life better....

Or are you saying that his parents were also born into money?

He was taking graduate classes at 12.....please tell us how many times the tutor came around, and what the tutor stated....(psst, it's in the link I provided, did you even read it? <<<<<<Rhetorical BTW, we know you did not from your answer....)

Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
It's not fantasy in other countries and it would be better if it wasn't fantasy in the US either.

The conservative mantra seems to be 'just accept that it's ****ty and don't try to change it, because this is AMERICA'.

Your cynicism is toxic.
Well gee! Maybe people from the US will just immigrate to these worker utopias where nobody works crappy low paying jobs because they have no skills.

What is the name of the country you are referencing? Unicornia?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:16 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Average smoking rate of successful people = approximately 10%.

Average smoking rate of lower income people >= 70%.

It says a lot about why some are successful and others are, well, doing not so hot. Go into a wealthy neighborhood and you can see the care and pride they take in keeping it nice. Now....go into most low income areas........garbage, dilapidated buildings and home, garbage/junk in yards, creeps hanging-out, etc, etc, etc!

Old 04-26-2015, 05:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, he is from Arizona...you'll have to forgive him....
Let's see...Arizona, Alabama...Arizona, Alabama....

Yeah...LMAO! Deep in the recesses of your mind, you KNOW that you don't want it.

Don't make me post pics of the Alabama Crimson Tide doing a National Championship trophy display at Wal-Mart.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah, so you are a millionaire? Aren't we all on city-data. Going "the extra mile" and pushing yourself doesn't always mean you are going to be successful, nor does it mean you will be a millionaire.
It's not that difficult to "be a Millionaire" -- a plan helps a lot.
Working at any job you have like you OWNED the company helps a lot. People notice these things.
Clock watchers and complainers will NEVER "get that". Their Loss.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:48 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. It doesn't.
But not doing it nearly guarantees you won't get anywhere.
A million bucks is nothing anymore.
Aim higher.

And given that I seriously doubt you've ever pushed yourself or tried harder than everyone else around you, I doubt you have very much experience on this subject.
Well obviously we are all multi-millionaires here. Though seeing you know nothing about me, I am as rich as you are from what I can tell.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Average smoking rate of successful people = approximately 10%.

Average smoking rate of lower income people >= 70%.

It says a lot about why some are successful and others are, well, doing not so hot. Go into a wealthy neighborhood and you can see the care and pride they take in keeping it nice. Now....go into most low income areas........garbage, dilapidated buildings and home, garbage/junk in yards, creeps hanging-out, etc, etc, etc!
Where did you get that stat from ?

anyways, people in low income neighborhoods dont have messy yards and junk because they are lazy. Its because getting rid of those things and paying a gardener are extra cost poor people dont have money to pay for.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not that difficult to "be a Millionaire" -- a plan helps a lot.
Working at any job you have like you OWNED the company helps a lot. People notice these things.
Clock watchers and complainers will NEVER "get that". Their Loss.
I take it you are also a millionaire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies