Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 04:19 PM

80 posts, read 61,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A carbon tax won't cool the planet, at least not for several hundred years, but there are dire consequences if nothing is done about the increase of CO2 in the air and oceans.
With all due respect your entitled to your opinion. I just don't believe it!!!

Quote:
The government sets a price per ton on carbon, then translates it into a tax on electricity, natural gas or oil. Because the tax makes using dirty fuels more* expensive, it encourages utilities, businesses and individuals to reduce consumption and increase energy efficiency.
Your right there will be "Hardship" on families.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
This is the only kind of cooling that a carbon tax would bring.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe View Post
Here is a chance for the climate change crowd to have a discussion.....please tell us how a carbon tax will cool the planet?

Will taxing Americans alone solve the problem?

Will giving the 3rd World nations more aid cool the planet?

Will reducing the standard of living by 30% take care of Americans?

Government will have more disposable income to squander. How can you not see how that would cool the planet?

Old 07-03-2015, 04:33 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
With all due respect your entitled your opinion. I just don't believe it!!!
People in the know agree that it is not my opinion, but fact.

Quote:
Your right "Hardship" on families.
Not if it's done right, and the hardship on families, and indeed even entire countries will be far greater if we continue down the same path. Mankind has dug a hole and just keeps on digging....Not very bright.

Writing in Science, experts say the oceans are heating, losing oxygen and becoming more acidic because of CO2.
They warn that the 2C maximum temperature rise for climate change agreed by governments will not prevent dramatic impacts on ocean systems.
And they say the range of options is dwindling as the cost of those options is skyrocketing.
CO2 emissions threaten ocean crisis - BBC News

The oceans are tremendously important... Marine sources provide about 20% of the animal protein eaten by humans. Another 5% is provided indirectly via livestock fed with fish.
60% of fish consumption is by the developing world. STATUS OF THE WORLD'S FISHERIES

Old 07-03-2015, 04:40 PM

80 posts, read 61,631 times
Quote:
Not if it's done right, and the hardship on families, and indeed even entire countries will be far greater if we continue down the same path. Mankind has dug a hole and just keeps on digging....Not very bright.
Im pushing 60 years old and just about all my life i've heard all these different gloom and doom scenarios from your "people in the know". Well guess what i'm still here!!! I think I rather not be very bright. one my favorite lines from the movie Jaws "You college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong".

Old 07-03-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Im pushing 60 years old and just about all my life i've heard all these different gloom and doom scenarios from your "people in the know". Well guess what i'm still here!!! I think I rather not be very bright. one my favorite lines from the movie Jaws "You college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong".
I'm not a college boy and I'm more than 15 years older than you. I don't recall ever hearing or reading about any doom and gloom scenario ever that was backed up with so much solid world wide evidence by tens of thousands of experts...Can you give me an example?

Old 07-03-2015, 05:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I'm suppose a carbon tax that covers next to nothing like in B.C. might go over.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm suppose a carbon tax that covers next to nothing like in B.C. might go over.
How does next to nothing add up to over a billion dollars?

Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm not a college boy and I'm more than 15 years older than you. I don't recall ever hearing or reading about any doom and gloom scenario ever that was backed up with so much solid world wide evidence by tens of thousands of experts...Can you give me an example?
You have been given many examples in the past on previous topics exactly like this. They are called "climate prophecies", and they have never come true. You may want to go search for the term that I quoted "climate prophecies"
Here is an example of a climate prophecy that didn't happen: Nailed It: ABC Predicted NYC Would be Under Water from Climate Change by 2015 - Breitbart LOL

Old 07-04-2015, 08:06 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Here is a chance for the climate change crowd to have a discussion.....please tell us how a carbon tax will cool the planet?

Will taxing Americans alone solve the problem?

Will giving the 3rd World nations more aid cool the planet?

Will reducing the standard of living by 30% take care of Americans?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies