Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 07:52 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It seems to be the case here, though you do know where ghettos come from right? A concentration of poor and poverty stricken people in an area. To get rid of ghettos, desaturation is a key factor.

But keep up the fear mongering if that makes you feel better.
Wow, you just make stuff up by the ream don't you? Nothing like a heaping helping of utopian drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Ghetto comes from Jews being persecuted in areas of Venice.

Thanks for playing.
Impressive, it knows where the term comes from. Of course that doesn't mean it actually knows anything connected to the discussion but evidence shows it is unlikely.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 PM

209 posts, read 134,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
If you can't bring people out of poverty and slums, expand poverty and slums into the rest of America.

No charge for reading between the lines of his policy.

Now we know why he wanted control over the Census directly inside the WH.
I remember when that happened, I thought at the time, 'That's not good…' I haven't thought of that since then…I see how it could connect to this 'data base.'

Stanley Kurtz wrote a book on this very subject - 'Spreading the Wealth: How Obama is Robbing the Suburbs to Pay for the Cities'

It EXPOSES the Obama Administration's actions to further the Progressive plan for the USA.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
You're right, because I was the one who realized what this thread was really about, and since pointing that out a number of fear mongering posters have proved me right.

As for who lives in my neighborhood, I have never claimed that people that are on section 8 vouchers don't live near me. I actually don't worry about the income levels of my neighbors. But you keep thinking nonwhite poor people are out to get you.
Never fails, pointing out facts is always 'fear mongering' to leftists because they are terrified of facts.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:57 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You seem to be obsessed with people being scared of non whites. Most of us aren't scared, we just don't want our neighborhood wrecked. There's ample evidence that every time the government moves inner city trash into decent neighborhoods they are rapidly trashed and the decent people move out. You can deny it all day long, it's still the truth.
I couldn't rep you again... so, Thank you! Very well put!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Give it a rest.

So, you don't fear living near a criminal element no matter what race, religion and ethnicity they are? You will happily reside in a very high crime area? You don't mind having a reduced quality of life?

Tell me why do you refuse to answer this question: Would you willingly rent your property to Section 8 tenants, knowing that you won't be able to pre-screen them the way you can with non Section 8 tenants? With non Section 8 tenants you can check their credit reports and find out if they have a criminal record----you can't do that with Section 8 tenants.

Answer the question already. You won't answer it because we know you wouldn't voluntarily rent to Section 8 tenants. So, instead you deflect and twist other people's words---and that's despicable---and you know it, too.
Section 8 doesn't mean criminal, it is not illegal to be poor in this country. Where do you get this nonsense? Also I don't own any rental property, so I wouldn't be renting to anyone. I guess if I had hypothetical property, then yes I would rent to a renter willing to pay the rent, even section 8.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:11 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You seem to be obsessed with people being scared of non whites. Most of us aren't scared, we just don't want our neighborhood wrecked. There's ample evidence that every time the government moves inner city trash into decent neighborhoods they are rapidly trashed and the decent people move out. You can deny it all day long, it's still the truth.
That is actually untrue, though I know that doesn't fit in with the fear mongering people are spoon fed.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:16 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
That is actually untrue, though I know that doesn't fit in with the fear mongering people are spoon fed.
Not really. I can tell you in the Burbs where the Sec8 apartments are in most cases. Crime increases and the schools go to crap in their ratings. Once the schools go down, people who value education move on to better schools.

We got hit heavy by Katrina victims who never went home since they enjoyed their benefits here in TX.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:28 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Section 8 doesn't mean criminal, it is not illegal to be poor in this country. Where do you get this nonsense? Also I don't own any rental property, so I wouldn't be renting to anyone. I guess if I had hypothetical property, then yes I would rent to a renter willing to pay the rent, even section 8.
So...you are willing to blindly rent your property to a Section 8 tenant all the while knowing that you wouldn't be able to pre-screen them. You say you would "rent to a renter willing to pay the rent". Well, guess what? Many of those Section 8 tenants are not willing to pay the rent --- they are the same ones who will trash your property. When you complain to the government and try to evict them, it's incredibly difficult to do so. Meanwhile, you are forced to keep them as tenants and helplessly watch as they further trash your property.

If you actually owned property and were forced to rent (Yes, forced to rent because you couldn't sell your house because the market is bad or you are underwater with your mortgage), you would certainly care about who will be renting it from you---unless your house is a total dump.

Maybe if you had a mortgage, you would understand. Given your naive comments, I would say that you are a renter.

Yes, there are decent Section 8 tenants but if one shows up with a voucher and wants to rent your property, you will have no way to screen out the bad ones.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:37 PM

209 posts, read 134,609 times
[quote=TigerLily24;40486475]Wow.
Just wow.

Hear that folks?
Don't aspire to anything. Don't try to give yourself or your children a better life. It will all be for naught.

People like Dr. Ben Carson take that ghetto they grew up in with them everywhere they go, doncha know.

As for the OP: the fair housing act needs to be enforced.
As is painfully evident from many of the responses in this thread, there is some large segment of the population that honestly believes that poor people do not deserve to live in areas that have good schools, safe streets and reasonably priced grocery stores. They would rather they stay in their place so that their children can be forever branded as "thugs" by virtue of their address.

The same people that bemoan non-assimilation on the part of recent immigrants do not want poor American citizens to assimilate into middle-class society.
Oh, they'll talk a good game about how people need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and get off welfare but they will block those aspirations at every turn by shutting them out of the opportunities that would help them to do so.
As evidenced by the quote above, they don't really believe that change is possible.
And, it's so important to have someone, somewhere to look down on.[
/QUOTE]

You are not getting it -

It's about social manipulation/affirmative housing, fines for perceived racism and a disappearing, tax-paying Middle Class.

Last edited by OFarrell; 07-20-2015 at 09:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies