Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 03:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I lean conservative and to be honest, someone is going to have to convince me that Kevin McCarthy did not do this on purpose. I think he probably did.
To what end? He sure worked hard to try to walk it back. Although from how badly he botched it he would have been better off leaving it alone.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:16 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Kevin McCarthy's first task as Speaker? Remove foot out of mouth.

Will he be talking about the Planned Parenthood investigation next? I sure hope so.....

Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Conservatives are fuming about McCarthy. Eric Erickson of Red State:

"McCarthy, the man Republicans are looking at to be the next Speaker, just handed Hillary Clinton a campaign commercial and gave the left-media their newest talking point. McCarthy actually admitted that the Benghazi committee was designed to hurt Hillary Clinton politically and the left is having a field day.

You Want This Guy As Speaker? | RedState

Old 10-03-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Kevin McCarthy's first task as Speaker? Remove foot out of mouth.

Will he be talking about the Planned Parenthood investigation next? I sure hope so.....
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said a GOP-created panel aimed at investigating the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi may be in violation of House ethics rules that prohibit using taxpayer money for political purposes.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pe...rticle/2573198

In light of Kevin McCarthy's admission, I'd say it's time we have an investigation into that.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Good thing A more Conservative, will put a good challenge to the Boehner, wanna-be.

Jason Chavetz.... Hmmmm. The direction this nation is turning, it would not surprise me if Jason got the Speakers position.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Jason Chavetz.... Hmmmm. The direction this nation is turning, it would not surprise me if Jason got the Speakers position.
So, we have the guy who brags about wasting taxpayer dollars for political purposes vs. the guy who doesn't know how charts work and doesn't know where his own information is coming from.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:48 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
I have heard many liberals say they wouldn't vote for Hilary. The smear campaign against Hilary was a waste of time ,money and short sighted. Hilary would be a tough candidate to balance out with a willing and credible running mate. She would have probably lost against a smart GOP ticket. But its too late now. My guess is that she would be a strong vice president and that's what the smear campaign is about.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
This individual announced on Chris Wallaces's political show this morning that he will be mounting a challenge to Keven McCarthy as Speaker of the House. Says that McCarthy does not have the votes to pull off a win.

Jason Chaffetz challenges Kevin McCarthy for speaker - CNNPolitics.com

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ner-s-job.html

Old 10-04-2015, 01:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So, we have the guy who brags about wasting taxpayer dollars for political purposes vs. the guy who doesn't know how charts work and doesn't know where his own information is coming from.
Yes; that was one very bad moment for him and he intended it to be a 'gotcha' moment for her. Wow; insisting the chart came from her organization when it CLEARLY said the source at the bottom of the chart.

Genius.

Boehner is beginning to look better and better.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 PM

Default Democrats Will Begin Releasing Benghazi Info Following McCarthy's Remarks

Democrats who are on the House Select Committee on Benghazi have sent Trey Gowdy a letter stating their intention to begin releasing details from one of the committee's interviews with Cheryl Mills, a former aid to Hillary Clinton. Republicans have refused to release details of the interview, but instead have used a series of selective leaks of inaccurate and incomplete information in an attempt to smear Clinton with unsubstantiated or previously debunked allegations.

"Although some Republicans attempted to explain away Rep. McCarthy’s admission, it reflected exactly what has been going on within the Select Committee for the past year-and-a-half," the letter states. "The Committee has now spent more than $4.5 million in one of the longest and least productive investigations in history. It has held no hearings of any kind since January, and it has completely abandoned its plans to hear public testimony from top defense and intelligence officials so Republicans can focus almost exclusively on Hillary Clinton."

You can read the letter in its entirety here:

Democrats Release Benghazi Panel Info After McCarthy Remarks

They conclude by saying that they don't take this action lightly, but that they have waited more than a year for the committee to correct the public record, but since the GOP has refused to do so, they decided it's time for them to take action. They also informed Gowdy that the release of the Mills testimony is only the beginning. They will be releasing more transcripts in the coming weeks.

Good for them. It's about time.

Last edited by JAMS14; 10-05-2015 at 09:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies