Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If we're going to use hearings as a method to bring down political opponents, where are the hearings on the Iraq debacle? How many died in Iraq? How much honesty was there in the justification? Why did billions of dollars on pallets disappear in Bagdad? Why? Four Americans died in Benghazi while 4,491 Americans died in Iraq.

NY Fed's $40 Billion Iraqi Money Trail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...f_the_Iraq_War
I see no one has touched this with a ten foot pole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The problem is obama, rice and HRC lied to everyone, telling them benghazi was caused by a video to protect obama's claim of defeating terrorists just before election.

Legal or not this entire episode was an unethical scam that was going to pass without consequence for the lying administration. The fact that an attack on the anniversary of 911 was a surprise to the state dept and obama points to colossal failure on their part.

Too bad the media propaganda machine became obama's lap dog, it would have eliminated the need for the benghazi hearings by challenging the lies of the obama administration.
So telling everyone it was about a video is MUCH MORE important than the 4500 Bush killed in Iraq.

Yes, indeed.

We know a witch hunt when we see one.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:42 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If we're going to use hearings as a method to bring down political opponents, where are the hearings on the Iraq debacle? How many died in Iraq? How much honesty was there in the justification? Why did billions of dollars on pallets disappear in Bagdad? Why? Four Americans died in Benghazi while 4,491 Americans died in Iraq.

NY Fed's $40 Billion Iraqi Money Trail

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...f_the_Iraq_War
Easy - because Congress was in on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
In the mind of a liberal, no democrat scandal is valid- not one

1. Benghazi
2. Fast and Furious
3. IRS scandal
4. NSA scandal
5. targeting opposition journalists
6. Rezko
7. Al Sharpton and Charlie Rangle tax dodges
8. Nancy Pelosi and Barb Boxer shunting contracts to relatives
9. Whitewater
10. Vince Foster
11. Bill Clinton's multiple rapes
12. Hillary e mail scandal
13. Chapaquitic
14. Dodd and Frank Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac scandal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
All of these witch hunts were a total waste of time and tax payer money.
Nope, they are not all witch hunts. Some are completely legit scandals, yet this administration is great at stonewalling and placing blame elsewhere. Come on, even the media has complained about that.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:03 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
In the mind of a liberal, no democrat scandal is valid- not one

1. Benghazi
2. Fast and Furious
3. IRS scandal
4. NSA scandal
5. targeting opposition journalists
6. Rezko
7. Al Sharpton and Charlie Rangle tax dodges
8. Nancy Pelosi and Barb Boxer shunting contracts to relatives
9. Whitewater
10. Vince Foster
11. Bill Clinton's multiple rapes
12. Hillary e mail scandal
13. Chapaquitic
14. Dodd and Frank Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac scandal

As liberals are totalitarian in nature, they can never accept that the rule of law applies to all citizens and that elitists are not above the law.
How about the scandal of the Republicans using the House to run bogus "investigations" on their political opponents for the sole purpose of smearing them politically? You were all up in arms when you thought the IRS was targeting right wing organizations, but you don't seem to have a problem with Republicans mis-using their majority in the House to target Democrats.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
No....he didn't.

What he said was that if not for his committee, the lies put forward by barry, Hillary and rice would have gone unnoticed.

The side effect was that more people were made aware of her sleezy side.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:08 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
The Benghazi hearings have exceeded the Warren Commission, Watergate and Iran Contra, there was no doubt it was politically motivated.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:15 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You missed his point. He was bragging that the Benghazi hearings were used as an attempt to bring Hillary down. Not exactly a Democratic position.
I believe you missed the point, and are making things up to fit your wishes, he said and meant no such thing.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
This man has no business being speaker of the house and third in line to be president. He doesn't sound qualified to me. If you are going to get a different speaker of the house, at least improve the position with the next speaker. I disagreed with every other sentence I heard him say plus he was elected by a district that is 35% Hispanic and we all know what that means. Haven't the Republicans learned anything? I fear not. I am about to change my registration to unaffiliated. I am disgusted with both parties. Maybe it is time for a Tea Party that is serious about being American.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I believe you missed the point, and are making things up to fit your wishes, he said and meant no such thing.
Yeah, they need NINE investigations only because the first EIGHT didn't yield anything. Give me a break. These are ongoing for one reason and one reason only, and Kevin McCarthy inadvertently told us exactly what that reason is. Not that most of us with two brain cells to rub together didn't already know it. Not everyone is as ignorant of the obvious as the right would wish.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:26 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You missed his point. He was bragging that the Benghazi hearings were used as an attempt to bring Hillary down. Not exactly a Democratic position.
You missed the point. The White House and Hillary lied multiple times.

It was a video - LIE
We don't know of any gun running - LIE
There was gun running but we weren't involved - LIE

Old 09-30-2015, 06:29 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Nice to see McCarthy carrying on the tradition of being an idiot. He actually used the word "untrustable."

Meet the new doofus--same as the old doofus.

Kevin McCarthy’s silver-plated gift to Hillary Clinton: What his Benghazi blunder reveals about the GOP’s warped priorities - Salon.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/01/us...ship-race.html

Kevin McCarthy’s comments about Benghazi should trouble Republicans - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies