Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2015, 05:23 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The kids took over the house, and now all of a sudden not a one of them wants to cook dinner after they didn't get to go hold up McDonalds one more time.
Such inane analysis of the situation shows a complete lack of political awareness.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know it for a fact but that IS the rumor circulating online and on television. Maybe it's a combination of that, his HUGE misstep with Benghazi, and not perfectly conservative.

Well, yeah. But mainly because the Republicans purport themselves to be the party of 'family values' and just generally hold themselves up as the ultimate moral authority.
oh come on: the party has been labeled as the party of family values, but does that mean every member is pure? Of course not. If we want to get into religion, we are all born sinners, even Republicans.

No, we do not know why he decided not to run for speaker and no, we do not know if he is having an affair. Social media can start a lot of rumors. As for seeing it on TV, I personally haven't seen anything about his affair, maybe you have.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The problem with your question is it can be said about both sides.

How can Obama run the country when he can't even fulfill easy to fulfill promises that he could fulfill all by himself?

For example, why can't Obama uphold his pledge to wait 5 days before signing a bill into law to promote public debate?

Why can't Obama uphold his pledge to pick lobbyists for key positions in the White House?

Etc...
Obama never wanted debate on anything. He wants his way. That was only something said to get elected. Has Obama ever showed a willingness to compromise? Never, though he has often said that he was.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:29 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
if untrue --why quit?

Old 10-09-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama never wanted debate on anything. He wants his way. That was only something said to get elected. Has Obama ever showed a willingness to compromise? Never, though he has often said that he was.

Really ?? are you there- do you EVEN watch Cspan? DO you just listen to commentators on OAN or Faux to get your view points/ untrue-- ANOTHER FACT

Old 10-09-2015, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We don`t have anything yet.

What we had was a Republican majority that was almost as self-serving and useless as the Democrat majority it replaced.

What we will have when this process completes remains to be seen, but I am very optimistic.
I am too. This was a victory. McCarthy is out. That's what we wanted. When this is done, we'll focus on the Senate and ousting McConnell.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
For most of the last nearly 7 years now, Democrats have been "running the country," and look at the mess they have created, not only here at home, but also abroad. I need not detail the problems they have created; they are obvious.

We've had two elections in which the American people sent a strong message; that they are tired of business as usual, and the direction that the country is headed. These elections have resulted in a Republican take-over of both Houses of Congress, and along with that, a strong conservative contingent (negatively labeled, "tea partiers" or "right-wing nut jobs" — take your pick) who have committed to not only doing what they promised to do, but also to assert the Constitutional limits the framers placed on government, demand that people be held to account for their unconstitutional actions against citizens who wish to exercise their constitutional right to free speech (Lois Lerner and the IRS), repeal the unconstitutional so-called "Affordable" Care Act, and, to the extent possible, stop the train wreck of "progressivism" that is destroying the country.

Since those elections, and the power given Republicans by the American people, we have not seen any change, but only a furtherance of the policies that the people voted against. John Boehner, and his lap dogs, have been the primary reason for this.

Under pressure, Boehner resigns. McCarthy who is also no conservative, throws his Party under the bus with a false claim that the Benghazi investigation was all a ruse, and it's only purpose was to destroy Hillary's candidacy (she wasn't even a candidate when the investigation into Benghazi was begun).

The conservative wing heard from their constituency loudly and clearly that McCarthy was not acceptable. Therefore, McCarthy didn't have the votes needed, and he withdrew his name, as he should.

No one is entitled to a position of power merely on the basis of seniority. That's what Democrats do. That is the epitome of corruption in government.

Rather than being an example of Republicans not being able "run their own caucus," this is an example of the power of the people to hold their elected officials to account, and of elected officials that are willing to "buck the system" to do what their constituents elected them to do.

This is a sign that American government might be salvageable, and that the poison that is "progressivism" can actually be turned back, and constitutionalism restored.

McConnell is next.
Sigh...

There is no room in the Republican Party for the more radical Tea Party point of view.

McCarthy wasn't conservative enough? Do you even know his politics? No...? Of course you don't.

When are you people finally going to sack up and form your own party? The sooner the better because most of us in the middle are growing tired of how the Tea Party celebrates stupid...

Old 10-09-2015, 05:44 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,004,356 times
I found it interesting that, yesterday, Newt Gingrich said that he is willing to be the Speaker of the House, citing George Washington as an inspiration:

Newt Gingrich: If 218 Republicans wanted me to be Speaker again, I’d have to serve « Hot Air

Old 10-09-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Really ?? are you there- do you EVEN watch Cspan? DO you just listen to commentators on OAN or Faux to get your view points/ untrue-- ANOTHER FACT
I don't know what "OAN" is, but I watched the entire hearing on Planned Parenthood on C-Span last week, so, yes, I watch C-Span.

What do you watch, CNN and MSNBC? LOL! And you get your news from Huffington Post, and The New York Times? Or, Jimmy Kimmel and John Stewart?

Can you tell me on what Obama has ever compromised?

Old 10-09-2015, 05:47 AM

yes the tea party now by new name Freedom Caucus is bringing this country down- go make your own party- do not think the house should be divided in these factions-- I understand committees- and opposing views but they work toward a goal--- these folks want to divide and conquer..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies