Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb.good View Post
how are those bush tax cuts doing?
booooooossssshhhhh!!!!

Old 10-09-2015, 11:04 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How are those Bush tax cuts doing?
what is this? no sequitur day?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
booooooossssshhhhh!!!!

25 years from now liberals will be blaming bush. LOL you guys are silly and predictable.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
booooooossssshhhhh!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
what is this? no sequitur day?
To walk you through the logic:

"Libruls don't ever compromise"
"Were the Bush tax cuts extended?"
"Ummm...herpa derpa... yes?"
"Did Liberals want to extend the Bush tax cuts?"
"Ummm...herpa derpa...no?"
"So if one party doesn't want something to happen, but it does happen..."
"Ummm...herpa derpa... Libruls do compromise?"

Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,386 times
Quote:
This IS how it is supposed to work. The system is working. They weren't elected to just give everything the Dems want. Too bad so many in this country don't know jack about how things are supposed to work in DC. They aren't "supposed" to compromise on anything if they feel they are getting shafted.
No its not. Shutting down the government until you get your way is not "working" nor is it anything close to governing.

This isn't even about parties and sides for me at this point. I'd be just as pissed if the Democrats were doing this. I'm also not denying that the Democrats are contributing to this problem as well.

There are actual, real, dire consequences if the government shuts down again. If no one is willing to negotiate and compromise what's going to happen? How long will we keep the government shut down for?

There is no cause, party or agenda worth the damage that will happen if we shut down again.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:28 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
No its not. Shutting down the government until you get your way is not "working" nor is it anything close to governing.

This isn't even about parties and sides for me at this point. I'd be just as pissed if the Democrats were doing this. I'm also not denying that the Democrats are contributing to this problem as well.

There are actual, real, dire consequences if the government shuts down again. If no one is willing to negotiate and compromise what's going to happen? How long will we keep the government shut down for?

There is no cause, party or agenda worth the damage that will happen if we shut down again.
Obama not funding the military unless he gets what he wants isn't governing either. Anyway, it is supposed to work like this. There are no dire consequences if the government shuts down, stop it already. Did you know that throughout history the Dems have shutdown government more than anyone else?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
To walk you through the logic:

"Libruls don't ever compromise"
"Were the Bush tax cuts extended?"
"Ummm...herpa derpa... yes?"
"Did Liberals want to extend the Bush tax cuts?"
"Ummm...herpa derpa...no?"
"So if one party doesn't want something to happen, but it does happen..."
"Ummm...herpa derpa... Libruls do compromise?"
extended? dude, I was live and watching what was going on at the time.

dems had complete control of congress when that happened. the economy was in the tank and not even the wild eyed liberal crazies had the guts/stupidity to raise taxes in the teeth of a recession.

herp derp? that's the sound of a liberal thinking they got a good one... when they should have stopped right before thinking.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:50 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
extended? dude, I was live and watching what was going on at the time.

dems had complete control of congress when that happened. the economy was in the tank and not even the wild eyed liberal crazies had the guts/stupidity to raise taxes in the teeth of a recession.

herp derp? that's the sound of a liberal thinking they got a good one... when they should have stopped right before thinking.
So in other words... they compromised on what they wanted? Liberals wanted the tax cuts to expire, Conservatives wanted them to be permanent. We got a 2-year extension.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
So in other words... they compromised on what they wanted? Liberals wanted the tax cuts to expire, Conservatives wanted them to be permanent. We got a 2-year extension.
Because Obama.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:03 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This had little to do with policy, more to do with his girlfriend problem. That's most of the reason why he's out. The GOP did not want to go through that nonsense; especially considering the women he is tagging is also currently "serving" in congress.
This true. Just heard about it on C-Span tonight. Been listening to cable news for two days and nary a peep - even though all the press knew and kept quiet about it.

and, here it is:

Kevin McCarthy's Exit Came After Personal Threat Over Affair Allegations

And Renee Ellmers is asking for prayer. Some guy named Baer had been peppering all the GOP w/emails for weeks about this issue, plus the Department of Homeland Security started editing McCarthy's and Ellmers' Wiki pages linking to reports of the rumors.

Explains everything. I knew McCarthy looked phony when he said - surrounded by family - "I feel good about it."

This is much less about disarray in the GOP caucus and everything about a run-of-the-mill scandal.

Some things never change.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 10-09-2015 at 10:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies