Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
watching FOX news laughing my --- off its rumble time in DC- small bully bunch trying to push the majority and nothing is working and Boehner will have to stay until someone --nobody knows who-- is elected and probably will be after Jan. so he will clean house( barn) of all that stuff they sitting on. HA-HA got exactly what they wanted by pressing McCarthy-OUT

NOW Paul may be looking for the presidency in the future- be a fool to get mixed up in this mess. The small rug rats do not have a PLAN they can destroy and tear down, but no plan to build and NOW even FOX commentators are saying it. Totally frustrated time to watch the PILLOW fight! time to get some pop corn
The GOP is getting exactly what they deserve for foisting the Tea Party on the country. By continually placating them and giving in to their demands they have created a monster they can no longer control. Let them suffer now like the rest of us have been suffering since these petulant children took control of the party.

Time to clean House, Republicans, if you have the political courage to do so.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:40 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
lol... she tried to deflect.

another example of why the GOP is in chaos.

McCarthy was on the radio with Hannity and he couldn't answer a basic question. Hannity asked him the same question 3 times, 3 different ways and he kept bobbing and weaving.
McCarthy can't answer a question posed by 'republican friendly media' in a coherent manner so why would we want him as the 'face and voice of the party' in congress?Whomever is chosen as speaker needs to be able to string a sentence together without sounding as if english is their second language or appearing to star in a SNL parody of themselves.

I don't know how either side in congress gets the leaders they have.Bohnner and McConnell are the best the republicans can muster???Pelosi and Reid are the best the democrats could come up with???

Old 10-08-2015, 09:50 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Many people were not in favor of McCarthy simply on the basis of his position. It makes little sense to just vote for the next in line. Especially when that person is not much different from his predecessor.

The House has had a problem in not passing the kind of legislation their constituents elected them to pass. This is the reason Boehner was forced to step down, and the reason McCarthy was rejected.
No matter what the GOP caucus does nothing will change as far as the minority Democrats are concerned They have the power to stop anything cold that the GOP reactionaries want either by the rules based Cloture system in the Senate or by sustaining Obama's vetos in both the House and the Senate since the entire GOP caucus is not enough to over ride a Presidential Veto. Reid and Pelosi can just sit back and enjoy mailing in their Nos. So GOP throw your temper tantrums and stamp your feet because as Rhett Butler once said "Frankly my Dear I don't give a damn." The Democrats frankly don't give a damn for the GOP agenda.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
I love Kevin McCarthy, without him I never would have heard any of this

“I have visited Poland, Hungria, Estonia,” he said, and also “visited in our, uh, the allies in the Arab Gulf.”

“we have isolated Israel while bolding places like Iran.”

“safe zone would create a stem the flow of refugees.”

“If I look at history of where we are it seems a lot like 1979"

“live on the greatest nation that’s ever been on the face of the Earth.”

“Would you have gone to war if you knew what you knew now?”

Old 10-08-2015, 10:01 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

“I have visited Poland, Hungria, Estonia,” he said, and also “visited in our, uh, the allies in the Arab Gulf.”

Gaffes are like opinions, everyone seems to have them.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Ha! He does seem to get a little tongue tied doesn't he.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Looks like someone at DHS added this rumor to the Wiki pages of both people earlier today with no proof:

Govt IP Edited Wikipedia To Accuse Kevin McCarthy of Affair | Mediaite

DHS has promised to "fully investigate this serious matter and hold people accountable." I won't be holding my breath.

What the hay? Why would the govt spend tax money to investigate. Last I heard it wasn't illegal for Senators and Reps to hook up, I mean they ---k the rest of us all the time, why not each other.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:24 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
No problemo. Jason Chaffetz is the clear conservative choice anyway.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:32 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
I have no opinion on who should be Speaker but why did someone at the Department of Homeland Security edit McCarthy's Wikipedia page?

Did DHS Edit The Wikipedia Page Of Kevin McCarthy? | The Daily Caller

Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
What the hay? Why would the govt spend tax money to investigate. Last I heard it wasn't illegal for Senators and Reps to hook up, I mean they ---k the rest of us all the time, why not each other.
They aren't investigating the still unproven affair. They are investigating who at DHS edited the Wiki pages to say they were having an affair. Although I doubt anything will happen under the Obama admin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies