Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 11:01 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Where's the outrage for this race baiter? She should be fired from her job.
here, for one: https://www.change.org/p/the-univers...-of-journalism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 11:18 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle2015 View Post
The video cam does not explain a thing unless there are locals laws which mandate the direction folks can walk in their communities. The street certainly isn't a busy thorough fare so what is the problem and why was she stopped? I don't have a clue whether this was racial profiling but It is NOT clear why she was stopped, unless it was just another power play by the police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Allegedly the cops saw a truck almost hit her - but the video starts after this alleged incident when the cops are far behind her.
again, while it is not illegal to walk in the street, as far as i know, it is illegal to impede traffic, even if it is one vehicle that you didnt see. second, the officers didnt tell her she couldnt run in the street, they actually told her that it is SAFER to run facing traffic, rather than have traffic behind her.

contrary to popular opinion these days, cops do a lot of things by procedure, regardless of skin color. now your two might agree with ms bland that this was a racial thing, but the reality is that it wasnt, if these cops were truly racist and doing it just to hassle her, they would probably have written her a ticket for impeding traffic instead of letting her go on her way.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again, while it is not illegal to walk in the street, as far as i know, it is illegal to impede traffic, even if it is one vehicle that you didnt see. second, the officers didnt tell her she couldnt run in the street, they actually told her that it is SAFER to run facing traffic, rather than have traffic behind her.

contrary to popular opinion these days, cops do a lot of things by procedure, regardless of skin color. now your two might agree with ms bland that this was a racial thing, but the reality is that it wasnt, if these cops were truly racist and doing it just to hassle her, they would probably have written her a ticket for impeding traffic instead of letting her go on her way.
...and she repays them by going to the dallas morning news shrieking 'racism!!!'

Old 11-04-2015, 11:46 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
Where's the outrage for this race baiter? She should be fired from her job.
Either she's a yellow journalism professor, or she's staging with the cops to build back respect for cops.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:47 AM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
..but the camera says otherwise.
Maybe she was profiled as being stupid, walking in middle of street.

Years ago, after my heart surgery, I constantly walked for exercise. One evening around twilight, an officer stopped me. He was new to our community and didn't know me. He asked for my ID then thanked me, told me to have a great evening and went on his merry way.

No big deal, No harm-no foul

Did I complain to our local newspaper that he profiled me as being fat and white? Hell no, I was thankful that he was doing his job.

This black vs cop has to stop.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-05-2015 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: bypassing the profanity filter

Old 11-04-2015, 11:52 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
..but the camera says otherwise.

She acted stupidly...

Old 11-04-2015, 11:53 AM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I will never understand why some people insist on walking in the middle of the road, and then refuse to move when a car is coming. It baffles me.
Or walk very very slowly across an intersection in a cross walk- or, the middle of the street and stare at you daring you to hit them.

Idiots

Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
She acted stupidly...
But, why?

Old 11-04-2015, 12:23 PM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That is not a valid reason to call dispatch and run their name against criminal databases.
Um, they do that every time they pull you over for a traffic stop. You know, license and proof of insurance?

Old 11-04-2015, 12:25 PM

78,447 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Or walk very very slowly across an intersection in a cross walk- or, the middle of the street and stare at you daring you to hit them.

Idiots
Old ladies at the grocery store parking lot that like to walk right down the middle of the driving lane on their way into the store. Saw this a lot on vacation in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies