Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 09:45 AM

8,885 posts, read 4,605,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I doubt very seriously the President is a "boy", and the common Republican Jim Crow styled throwback utterances about a black person being in "over their head", simply does not pass the awareness test.

One might think its odd that mostly "white men" are the dominant ones crying about guns and such, other ethnicities are not on the front lines whining about guns and pursuing to walk around with assault weapons and rushing out to buy 1000's or rounds of ammo. This is mostly a "white male thing". History has demonstrated that its always been 'white males" trying to deny rights to others, women and certainly to minorities and using gun violence and any other type of violence to pursue such aims. Therein is a great part of the problem and drama driving this opposition to sensible gun control and management legislation.

That's because all the gun-toting brothers in Chicago simply ignore all laws. No reason to protest that which you choose to ignore....

Also, history and current events demonstrate no such thing. "Always" is a really long time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 09:53 AM

15 posts, read 15,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
First of all, we both happily agree that the 2A isn't going anywhere. We both are dedicated supporters of the 2A - it's just that one of us (me) actually respects and understands the COTUS and what the gift our forefathers left for us actually does and means.

Second, you cannot seem to grasp that yes, the text says "shall not be infringed", but does not say "immune from article V". One is a particular amendment, the other is a mechanism which covers ALL amendments as well as every other word in the COTUS.

The definition of infringed:

Article V does not "break the terms of a law". Article V is the mechanism put in place to make changes to the COTUS without breaking the law. Huge difference.

An infringement is what has been happening almost daily to the 2A throughout the land. It is every restriction to the 2A that doesn't follow article V. The ONLY real "do something!" solution for the anti's that would take our right to bear arms, without infringing, is article V, which they won't even touch because they know they would never be able to get the needed support to invoke the process.

I wish you'd learn how the COTUS works, your heart is in the right place. Your argument however, makes you and people who share your 2A sentiment look like idiots to any person with a decent 9th grade education. Like I said, you're the guy they trot out and point the finger at as an ignorant boob, and we all get painted with that brush thanks to arguments like the one you present.
Mr. Maryland,

Actually, they are very close to calling a constitutional convention. They likely only need two more states to call it, and liberals have new constitutions waiting. If you do want your state to rescind its call, you need to get involved and ask your state legislature to rescind it.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:07 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,387,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ive been going to the Big Reno Gun Show of the West for years as well as other gun shows since the early 80's. None of that crap your trying to peddle about occurs.
What does happen are LEGAL person to person sales as is LEGAL in Nevada and use to be legal in Kommieforina without a back ground check until 1992. Your barking up the wrong tree if you think you can school me as I've been active in the RKBA politcal and legal movement since 1978 when I got my first NRA membership. If you can find illegal crap going on at gun shows then go film it and get back to us.
Since the time of the founding of our country private party sales of firearm has occurred LEGALLY with getting the OK from Big Brother. I also doubt very seriously you own any guns.
Way to go! You don't like the message so you call me a liar, that really shows some class. Why do you have your knickers in a bunch over this, is there something in your history that prohibits you from buying a gun? (By the way, the Big Reno shows tend to have more licensed dealers than do the Crossroads shows- but I'm sure you don't believe that either)

Faced with tougher gun laws, many Californians buy in Nevada | McClatchy DC

Dan Morain: Nevada sends us patients, firearms | The Sacramento Bee

Reno gun-range owner/firearms dealer indicted

Old 01-06-2016, 10:11 AM

15 posts, read 15,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
That's because all the gun-toting brothers in Chicago simply ignore all laws. No reason to protest that which you choose to ignore....

Also, history and current events demonstrate no such thing. "Always" is a really long time....
I agree, Hoot N Annie.

Chance and Change,

It was largely white males that you seem to dislike who fought a war so that black people would gain freedom. White people have done more to protect minorities' rights than likely any other race. If we lived in a society where another race was in power, you would not have the same rights because other races do not have the history of freedom that the white race has.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:51 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,978,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soucam1 View Post
I agree, Hoot N Annie.

Chance and Change,

It was largely white males that you seem to dislike who fought a war so that black people would gain freedom. White people have done more to protect minorities' rights than likely any other race. If we lived in a society where another race was in power, you would not have the same rights because other races do not have the history of freedom that the white race has.
Ah yes, fighting for the freedoms they took in the first place.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,491,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The founders were damn glad they had the very weapons they were sure to go into battle against.
Pretty sure the entire reason there is a 2nd amendment protecting the entire constitution.
The founders needed those weapons to keep their slaves in line.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:09 AM

29,580 posts, read 19,687,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The founders needed those weapons to keep their slaves in line.
And Native Americans, and the British, and the US government... What's your point?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,951,314 times
Quote:
Scalia can mention what ever he wishes.
Shall not be infringed means just that. No restrictions can be made by any government. Remember, the Supreme Court, is the Federal Government. Fox watches the hen house, syndrome.
My freedom is not given to me by 9 guys in black robes, hired by the federal government.
That is EXACTLY what the guys occupying Federal Land in Oregon are saying. Stay tuned to see how things turn out for them, it might be instructive. For that matter, go to NYC or NJ and wave a gun around when someone threatens you. See how things go for you. Those to whom the 2nd Amendment is important are NOT the majority of the population. For the moment the tide of opinion favors supporters of the second. If that changes, it will not require a repeal of it to effectively accomplish a complete re-design of gun culture in America. The 2nd is not what is allowing the present carnage.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:21 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
And Native Americans, and the British, and the US government... What's your point?
Damn straight. Without those guns, we'd a kicked your asses back into the sea where you came from.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:26 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,352,366 times
Quote:
The only amendment, that is protected by its very wording, to never ever be altered or eliminated from the US Constitution.

People that do not understand law. Words mean everything in law, when they start yelling the 2nd amendment can be amended and the Supreme Court is now our creators, as GOD.

Shall not be infringed. Means just that. An Amendment would be an infringement, of individual rights.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. I don't know why people think every private citizen has a right to own firearms free of regulation, education and other protective measures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies