Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,708,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. I doubt very much that you learned the Bible in kindergarten.
2. What you may have learned in kindergarten, but obviously never understood, was the Golden Rule -- do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
3. Based on your posts, I say you talk as a fundie talks.
4. No, right is not right, and wrong is not wrong. Right and wrong are subjective terms and they vary from culture to culture. But if we want to falsely believe that right is right and wrong is wrong, then the spewing of hate is wrong.
5. At this point, a minority of Americans are "upset" about legalizing gay marriage, in part because they're beginning to realize when 2 gay people get married, it doesn't change their own lives at all.
6. Let's not pretend that any of us knows what God really thinks.
If you want to discuss a topic, at least you should have knowledge about it. It's an easy one... what behaviors are right, and what behaviors are wrong. the libs today are really trying to blur the lines on this. This also ties into political correctness. PC is basically saying the opposite of what you want to say. You wake up on Dec 25th, and you say "happy holidays"
Nobody wakes up on July 4th and says that; even though July 1st is Canada day.

The other truth is that what gays really want is acceptance. They want acceptance of their lifestyle so they can feel better about it. many gays claim to be Christian... so there is an internal struggle to live a moral life. If the gov't will just legalize gay marriage then we can continue to live as we want free of guilt.
Unfortunately, the OP has hit a nerve. If gays have had all of this progress then why do they seek additional approval? Why is it important for them to challenge the church on homosexuality? Why do they team up with bisexuals and transgendered? I thought that gays were born that way? I thought that all they want is to live a monagamous life with their 1 true love? But, bisexuals can join our cause?

Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about, zip, zilch, nada. The gene for homosexuality does not take for gays to procreate for it to pass on. Every time a straight couple chooses to reproduce, they bear the chance that they may have a gay child, nothing can prevent that. You at one point say being gay is not genetic, then turn around and say that if gays do not breed, the gene cannot be past on. Which is it Einstein?

You do not understand selective breeding.....
Gays do not breed... Period!
The gene is never passed down, if it is suppose to be a trait handed down generations.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Do you have an alternative source to the one I provided?

You don't have to believe the theory at all, but take a look at the Kinsey scale. Explains a lot of your questions. Essentially sexuality is not a binary or 3 choice decision, but a sliding scale from perfectly heterosexual to perfectly homosexual. Most people do not fall on the extremes, although most do fall much closer to one or the other.
But shouldn't we all be held accountable for our sexual behavior? We have laws against pedophilia, rape, incest, & prostitution. But, bisexuals are great people? If everyone acted on every sexual urge then we'd have all died before AIDS was even a thing. Teaming up with bisexuals and transgendered does not help your claim to be "normal".

Old 02-20-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The day my older sisters friend, let me play doctor....

Good answer.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Being gay is a chosen lifestyle, nothing else. You are not born gay. You are born without a sexual appetite.
Those who "chose" to be gay if anything are adolescent homosexual child molestors, bisexuals with the same sex, guys on "the down-low" with the same sex, bi-curious (those who are un-sure about being bi or fully homosexual) with the same sex, pansexuals (those attracted to any sex and/or gender identity) with the same sex or bisexuals who are Gray asexuals/demisexual (those attracted to someone after a close emotional connection is formed) with the same sex.

You only don't have a sexual appetite if you asexual or even a Gray who has limited sexual attraction. Babies are semisexual until age 5 when crushes start up until the end of elementary school/beginning of middle school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Can you describe when you chose to be heterosexual?
The inverse of when you "chose" to be gay I mentioned earlier but swap same sex with opposite sex.

Quote:
You are born sexual... You learn what satisfies that, starting at puberty. Whether out of convenience or lust. You are not born gay.
Holy contradiction, Batman!
Quote:
Being gay is a chosen lifestyle, nothing else. You are not born gay. You are born without a sexual appetite.
I bolded the contradiction between posts. Explain how it is both ways. I triple dog dare you.

Quote:
The day my older sisters friend, let me play doctor....
First off, now I gotta brush my teeth and clean the toilet bowl after reading that post because that is disgusting that is a disgusting display. Sorry but incest (especially blood) is disgusting.
Second off, "playing 'doctor'" wouldn't make one straight/gay/bi at a young age at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
That is not choosing to be straight. Like I said before, ignorance is bliss. I think you are one of those that is afraid of gays and afraid of homosexuality. You have no understanding of sexuality or sexual orientation, nor of biology.
I agree with you. He's also very flip-floppy on his views as you and I have both shown.

Quote:
Like I said above.
Never had any of my buds growing up, want to play - if you let me touch yours, I will let you touch mine.
We never know? That right time in puberty when I was searching for an identity... I could have chosen to be gay, had I received the experience to learn.
First off, as I mentioned unless you fit one of the criterion at the beginning of this post, you would "chose" to be gay. Second off, you rarely have the game that you speak of unless you are at some YMCA.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:05 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Like I said above.
Never had any of my buds growing up, want to play - if you let me touch yours, I will let you touch mine.
We never know? That right time in puberty when I was searching for an identity... I could have chosen to be gay, had I received the experience to learn.
Actually you could've taken it upon yourself to experiment with men. But you didn't. Know why? Because you weren't attracted to men. That wasn't a choice, that was you inherently being attracted to women. Period.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:13 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
he's talking about the U.S. when he says our laws and our society.
yes, I agree that adultery and other sexual sins need to be condemned. The irony is that the ones who claim this are the same group who "liberated" us. So, it isn't the (generally) conservatives that are sensationalizing sexuality.
And, 2 wrongs don't make a right. You can't cherry pick the bible.
I'll cherry pick anything I darn well please because I am intelligent enough to find wisdom wherever it lies, whether that is in the Bible or Buddhist scriptures, or in a movie, or from a politician. I don't limit myself from the wisdom from one man-made book, nor do I believe that any one book has all the wisdom of the world or contains only wisdom. There's lots of death and murder and torture and slavery in the Bible; but of course, I guess you worship all that stuff, too, since you don't cherry pick.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:
Like I said above.
One does not choose to be gay or straight and if you did not have an already latent attraction to men, you could not make that attraction happen. I knew I was gay when I was 12, I did not have my first sexual experience till I was 18 and met the first gay man and before that did not know any, so learning to be gay is not true, no matter how much you seem to think it is. Why not just admit the truth to at least yourself that you could have been gay and had an attraction, otherwise you never were gay, just straight. See how that works?

Old 02-20-2016, 08:02 PM

50,833 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
If you want to discuss a topic, at least you should have knowledge about it. It's an easy one... what behaviors are right, and what behaviors are wrong. the libs today are really trying to blur the lines on this. This also ties into political correctness. PC is basically saying the opposite of what you want to say. You wake up on Dec 25th, and you say "happy holidays"
Nobody wakes up on July 4th and says that; even though July 1st is Canada day.

The other truth is that what gays really want is acceptance. They want acceptance of their lifestyle so they can feel better about it. many gays claim to be Christian... so there is an internal struggle to live a moral life. If the gov't will just legalize gay marriage then we can continue to live as we want free of guilt.
Unfortunately, the OP has hit a nerve. If gays have had all of this progress then why do they seek additional approval? Why is it important for them to challenge the church on homosexuality? Why do they team up with bisexuals and transgendered? I thought that gays were born that way? I thought that all they want is to live a monagamous life with their 1 true love? But, bisexuals can join our cause?
Short answer: because not everyone is trapped in the church of 2,000 years ago.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:41 PM

943 posts, read 782,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The SCOTUS ruling Obergefell vs Hodges was a great thing in that it brought full marriage equality in all 50 states. With that said, from my own experience, it stirred up a hornet's nest which has set back the overall attitude the public has towards the LGBT community. It may be because I live in the most conservative city in the nation in the reddest state, so this perspective might be out of line with a majority of the country, but here, the attitude towards LGBT people is the most hostile that I've seen it in my lifetime. When talking to religious people, there is a real sense of anger and panic that wasn't there before and they believe that reversing the ruling and enacting additional anti-LGBT laws should be the highest priority of state legislatures and the next President.

Has anybody else noticed a similar thing and do you think overall LGBT acceptance in this country has taken a step backwards since June 2015?
Most of the country already had gay marriage before the Supreme Court Decision. I don't think most people cared since the topic has been debated to death for over 10 years. I think this is only an issue if you live in a very religious area. I can't relate as I lived in the north east where gay marriage was legal for a couple of years-- and in the case of Massachusetts since 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies