Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
Wrong. Right wing, fundamentalist Christians feel that way. Not all Christians. Most "Christians" (myself included) believe that love is love and bigots like you describe are ignorant.
Then they have the wrong understanding of love. Besides, we're not talking about that here. We're talking about equality in the eyes of the law. There are many ways that can be achieved, for example in terms of 'marriage', besides redefining what marriage really is and always will remain no matter how the law changes the definition.

They also seem to have the wrong understanding of what it means to be a Christian. One cannot dismiss parts of the Bible and believe others. One cannot say it contains errors but in the same breath say they believe it. Sorry, I know it's not convenient, but you can't pick and choose cafeteria-style from God's Word to follow that which pleases you.

Don't be misled: If conservatives and Christians seem have stopped talking about it, that does not mean acceptance. There can be no acceptance (condoning/agreeing with) that which is contrary to the Bible.

And to the poster who said "Opinion changes the court, not the other way around. "

That would make the court into a puppet of the people, and that's not what courts are for.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Just like you have with siding on both sides of infants being sexual or not? hey pot, it's kettle and I'm returning your call...
You denying, that you read my post wrong?
Now, you are going to justify, why in your emotional haste to attack me personally, you did not see the word "friend", clearly written... LOL
Yes, we understand. It is rather hard to reason with the truth, when one lacks the intelligence to do so.

You were raised to be the victim of your own identity... How sad.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Your knowledge on biology and sexuality is pathetic and limited. I have seen kids from Jr. High with more up to date and accurate knowledge.

Where is your knowledge?
All I see is attacking the messenger.

We understand, it does take a little intelligence to reason with the truth.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We're talking about equality in the eyes of the law.
Statutory laws are not equal and they are in no way applied equally. Never have been.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I wonder why it got personal???? Instead of showing us all, where I was wrong?
Heck, I just made a statement. One would think I pissedin your Wheaties.
Nah. You didn't.

I have "showed" you before. Didn't make a dent.

You're not interested in anything but the sound of your own words.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Nah. You didn't.

I have "showed" you before. Didn't make a dent.

You're not interested in anything but the sound of your own words.
That is not rational thinking, to an issue both of us have taken a stand on.
Yet, I reason with you rationally....

From your reply, it is you that isn't interested in anything but the sound of your own words.
Cannot argue the statement rationally with reason? Attack the messenger...... Lovely.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:13 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Where is your knowledge?
All I see is attacking the messenger.

We understand, it does take a little intelligence to reason with the truth.
My knowledge? Well, to begin with, I am gay, I know that I did not choose to be gay and know a lot more about biology and sexuality then you will ever know. As I have said repeatedly about your posts, Ignorance is Bliss.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:40 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
That is not rational thinking, to an issue both of us have taken a stand on.
Yet, I reason with you rationally....

From your reply, it is you that isn't interested in anything but the sound of your own words.
Cannot argue the statement rationally with reason? Attack the messenger...... Lovely.
Then refer back to our previous discussions. I remember what you've said. Don't you remember what I've said?

Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Then refer back to our previous discussions. I remember what you've said. Don't you remember what I've said?
Those have ended the same way. Personal attacks.
I refer to the rational discussion we were having, before it got emotionally personal for you....

Old 02-21-2016, 09:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Default Reload this Page Has LGBT acceptance taken a step backward since the SCOTUS decision?

The answer to your question is no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies