Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think I know anyone who has ever used PayPal.
PayPal has 173 million users.....so while you might not use it, or know anyone who has, there are plenty of people that do.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Paypal does business in countries that jails/executes gays/transgender but they have a problem with who can use a bathroom in NC.
Once again, this law has nothing to do with the bathroom issue. That's nonsensical and unenforceable. The Bill removes all LGBT discrimination protections from the State, prevents any future ones from being passed, and removes the ability of citizens to sue for discrimination.

That is why everyone is boycotting NC.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
And for your regularly scheduled dose of religious hypocrisy, Tony Perkins, President of depraved Family Research Council, announced anyone with half a brain wouldn't want Paypal in their state anyway.

And yet, his very own website accepts donations through PayPal. He of course also has links for Facebook and Twitter on his website which are pro-gay.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/04/06...ake-donations/

You just can't make up this level of stupid among religious extremists.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I don't think I know anyone who has ever used PayPal.
If you know anyone who has ever used eBay, odds are they paid with PayPal. It was the only accepted form of payment on eBay for a very long time. Still used by the vast majority of eBay users because of the convenience factor.

I have to laugh at how people say they're going to start boycotting PayPal. No one who is serious about doing business online would even think about dropping them. So I'm sure PayPal is really gonna miss the few pennies from people who barely use their account, if they ever had one in the first place.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:09 AM

854 posts, read 585,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So when you talk to blacks in the South do you use the same condescending tone.... using terms like 'yessum' and 'oh yessuh!"?

You really have no idea what you're talking about. I lived there. You had a phone call. LOL!

Epic Fail.

I saw your other comment, but I still had to address it because you got it confused: that was a direct quote from the customer, hence the quotation marks.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:32 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Once again, this law has nothing to do with the bathroom issue. That's nonsensical and unenforceable. The Bill removes all LGBT discrimination protections from the State, prevents any future ones from being passed, and removes the ability of citizens to sue for discrimination.

"everyone", really?

I live here I don't know a soul who is "boycotting" N.C. or moving out over this silly little issue.

REAL people have their eyes on much BIGGER problems.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:44 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
The politicians here in NC (including the Governor) are trying like heck to deflect from the issue. They have over reached and put HB 2 together which has a lot of garbage in it. It takes away individual rights and causes local govt. to not be able to govern itself (AKA Flint Mich.).

The GOP and its member politicians tell you one thing and then do the opposite. Its time for them to be dumped.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:02 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:
The government of NC is the one acting like the KKK right now.

That's total nonsense. You either have no idea what the bill is about or you have no idea what the KKK was about.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:10 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times
Quote:

Um, No....

‘Myths vs Facts’ about House Bill 2 released by NC Gov. Pat McCrory’s office | myfox8.com

You don't even understand what you're 'boycotting'.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:12 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That's a bit silly. In a public locker room or shower area, what constitutes "peeping"? Do you really think any adult man that claims to feel like a woman for a while should be able to shower or change with teenage or younger girls?
The LGBT community doesn't care about that. It's all about them, it seems. There's no common sense being applied by most of those who are screaming the loudest and are the most super sensitive to their own issues, as if nobody else counts.

Quote:

In this day and age, there's not much concern any longer about LGBT discrimination even without laws. Most people shrug and take the attitude of 'to each his own', 'live and let live'. The right doesn't scream as loudly about it as the left does. Our culture is losing that battle, and so it goes the way it must...Bible believing folks know how the book ends.

Quote:
And for your regularly scheduled dose of religious hypocrisy, Tony Perkins, President of depraved Family Research Council, announced anyone with half a brain wouldn't want Paypal in their state anyway.

And yet, his very own website accepts donations through PayPal. He of course also has links for Facebook and Twitter on his website which are pro-gay.

Anti-gay group tells supporters to boycott PayPal… can you guess what they use to take donations? · PinkNews

You just can't make up this level of stupid among religious extremists.
You accuse him of hypocrisy but don't see it in your own post?
They are not discriminating, and you have a problem with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies