Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And transgender bathroom/shower/locker room equality laws make it a lot easier for perverts to get into the ladies room and a lot harder to get caught. No longer is finding out that a "woman" with a penis is in the ladies room enough to investigate. Not anymore. Now they've got a right to be there. Now you have to catch them in the act of doing something wrong and work your way around "it was just an accident" or "I must have bumped the camera button on my phone by accident. How was I to know what it was pointing at?" and other such scenarios. I've taken accidental photos on my phone several times. Plausible deniability right there.

Now what happens to the guys who actually do get caught dressed up in drag and peeping? Since some biological men do have the right to be there, you either have to monitor the crap out of every prior offender and every ladies room or prior offenders are going to keep on doing the same thing over and over and over again. You can't lock a peeping perv up for life after all.
No, now you will have men with a vagina in there. If a bio male walks in are they going to do a pants check? Will the cops be called to do a strip search?

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1c&oe=5773CD11

North Carolina bathroom law: Uncomfortable encounters - CNN.com

Remember that pic of Buck Angel? He and others like him will be required to use the ladies room.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:10 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
NC, MS, GA, TN and now SC are tackling the really important issues plaguing their states. The handful of trans in their states - and their use of public restrooms, decreased protection rights of employees and the need for the bible to be an official state book.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:55 AM

211 posts, read 114,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, now you will have men with a vagina in there. If a bio male walks in are they going to do a pants check? Will the cops be called to do a strip search?
And its inviting perverts to exploit these poorly conceived laws. We warned this is what would happen and lo and behold, it is.
Seattle man in women's locker room cites gender rule

These laws are intended to protect the 0.3% Americans who are transgender, but in reality are compromising the privacy and safety of 100% of women who use public restrooms and locker rooms.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
The perverts were doing it long before there was any law allowing transgenders into the room. They didn't follow the law before what makes you think they will now? AND it has always been illegal to film others or peep in these spaces.
And this would encourage those perverts who might have been hesitant, to now boldly enter where no man has gone before.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
And its inviting perverts to exploit these poorly conceived laws. We warned this is what would happen and lo and behold, it is.
Seattle man in women's locker room cites gender rule

These laws are intended to protect the 0.3% Americans who are transgender, but in reality are compromising the privacy and safety of 100% of women who use public restrooms and locker rooms.
So one man has tried to make a point. OK. This is not some wide spread epidemic. You do realize that even before this law there were men that dressed up as women to go into bathrooms?

If we got rid of all laws that someone found a way to abuse, we would have no laws at all.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And this would encourage those perverts who might have been hesitant, to now boldly enter where no man has gone before.
No man? There have been reports for years about men dressing up as women to go into bathrooms even before there were any laws regarding transgender people in bathrooms. Why do you think it would change now?

Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 AM

599 posts, read 402,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhtex View Post
Some days I identify as a cat. Will the state of NC provide me with a litter box to take a dump in? Some days a male cat and some day a female cat and some days a neutered cat. Where will they put my liter box! Life used to be simple, now it's so confusing.
As supportive of the LGBT community as I am I strongly agree with you what the heck happened to this country and life in general? I don't know what those who are transgender really want though the only way I would consider them the opposite sex is when they get a sex change. I will respect them 100% and call them what they want to be called though realistically unless they change their sex they are the same sex they were born with.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:28 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
No man? There have been reports for years about men dressing up as women to go into bathrooms even before there were any laws regarding transgender people in bathrooms. Why do you think it would change now?
Well they would obey the law, no? Again, I stand incredulous that the same people who argue that laws declaring gun free zones are worthless while laws declaring penis-free zones will cure the problems we see in the south of pervs hanging out (pun) in women's rest rooms.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:44 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1c&oe=5773CD11

North Carolina bathroom law: Uncomfortable encounters - CNN.com

Remember that pic of Buck Angel? He and others like him will be required to use the ladies room.
I'm less concerned with Buck Angel or other biological women self-identifying as men. Sure there may be some ladies out there who are willing to go a lot of trouble to cop a peek at the boys and their boy parts, but that's extraordinarily rare and vastly less threatening. Hetero women are far less aggressive on average than hetero men. The vast majority of women lack the ability to physically overpower a potential male victim. It all adds up to vaginas in the men's room being vastly less threatening than penises in the lady's room. If a woman feels she's really a man and wants to pee in the same restroom as me, she's welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned. Since men's showers tend to be a lot less discrete -- frankly many if not most leave all your man parts right out there for anyone who wants to see -- I think a trans-male would be best advised not to shower with the guys. I'd be concerned for "his" safety and it'd just be embarrassing for everyone involved. Likewise, I'd be a lot more concerned for the safety of the woman pervert pretending to be trans and then showering with the boys. She's very likely to get assaulted or raped.

Like I already said, if you've had your operation then go ahead and be with your biological gender.

I'm primarily concerned for women. The entire world is a rape culture to some degree or another. Penises in the girls room is going to make a lot of women very uncomfortable. I expect that a huge number of women will simply stop using public restrooms as much as possible -- leading to dehydration, urinary tract infections and kidney infections for a much large group of people. And the threat is not imaginary. It's quite real. Giving some men explicit rights to be in the ladies rooms is going to lead to a lot of bad things.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm less concerned with Buck Angel or other biological women self-identifying as men. Sure there may be some ladies out there who are willing to go a lot of trouble to cop a peek at the boys and their boy parts, but that's extraordinarily rare and vastly less threatening. Hetero women are far less aggressive on average than hetero men. The vast majority of women lack the ability to physically overpower a potential male victim. It all adds up to vaginas in the men's room being vastly less threatening than penises in the lady's room. If a woman feels she's really a man and wants to pee in the same restroom as me, she's welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned. Since men's showers tend to be a lot less discrete -- frankly many if not most leave all your man parts right out there for anyone who wants to see -- I think a trans-male would be best advised not to shower with the guys. I'd be concerned for "his" safety and it'd just be embarrassing for everyone involved. Likewise, I'd be a lot more concerned for the safety of the woman pervert pretending to be trans and then showering with the boys. She's very likely to get assaulted or raped.

Like I already said, if you've had your operation then go ahead and be with your biological gender.

I'm primarily concerned for women. The entire world is a rape culture to some degree or another. Penises in the girls room is going to make a lot of women very uncomfortable. I expect that a huge number of women will simply stop using public restrooms as much as possible -- leading to dehydration, urinary tract infections and kidney infections for a much large group of people. And the threat is not imaginary. It's quite real. Giving some men explicit rights to be in the ladies rooms is going to lead to a lot of bad things.
The point is that he has a vagina and is now required by law to go into the ladies room since his birth certificate says female. And there are states that do not allow changes to birth certificates, so even Trans men with penises may still be required to go into the ladies room based on their birth certificate. Where as before they would have simply went to the bathroom that matches their appearance, done their business, and got out of there. This can have the effect of having male appearing people in the ladies room far more common than before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies