Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 10:13 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The point is that he has a vagina and is now required by law to go into the ladies room since his birth certificate says female.
And like I said, I don't have a problem with him using the men's room, though I do think showering with the guys is going to be an incredibly awkward experience.

Quote:
And there are states that do not allow changes to birth certificates, so even Trans men with penises may still be required to go into the ladies room based on their birth certificate.
The way the wind is blowing, I fully anticipate that federal courts are going to fix that problem very soon.

Quote:
Where as before they would have simply went to the bathroom that matches their appearance, done their business, and got out of there. This can have the effect of having male appearing people in the ladies room far more common than before.
Before it became an issue, you're right. Everyone just discretely went to the restroom of their appearance. It was actually transgender rights laws that kicked over the anthill and made a mess of things. By mandating that some specific people have the legal right to be in the restroom/shower/locker room opposite their biological gender, they freaked everyone out. In creating such laws, they effectively shouted it from the rooftops, "Hey ladies, some of the girls in the girls room have a penis and no vagina -- and they have the legal right to be there. There's nothing you can do about it!" "Hey guys, some of guys in the men's room have vaginas and not penises -- and they have the legal right to be there. There's nothing you can do about it!"

That's just a recipe for outrage, especially for women who now have to wonder if the "woman" in the next stall is really a man and possible a opportunistic pervert.

Old 04-08-2016, 04:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
The point is that he has a vagina ...

Old 04-08-2016, 04:57 PM

20,063 posts, read 20,877,739 times
Screw these nutbars. Look at all the crap they've started because of their hurt feelings.
Get help. Shut your mouth and pretend whatever the hell it is you think you are and use whatever stupid bathroom you want just shut up already. They need psychiatric help, there is definitely a screw loose or some disconnect if they want to cut off their nuts or boobs. Just because you belong in the looney bin doesn't make it alright to turn the rest of society upside down. Stop pandering to these lunatics.

I want to be a rabbit. I identify as a rabbit. What rights do I have now? I've always felt that inside I was a rabbit. Society needs to pander to my needs as a rabbit. I am deeply offended by Bugs Bunny. I want all public restrooms to have a bundle of hay in a stall so that I can feel comfortable going to the bathroom.

Last edited by hotkarl; 04-08-2016 at 06:15 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 06:13 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Screw these nutbars. Look at all the crap they've started because of their hurt feelings.
Get help. Shut your mouth and pretend whatever the hell it is you think you are and use whatever stupid bathroom you want just shut up already. They need psychiatric help, there is definitely a screw loose or some disconnect if they want to cut off those nuts or boobs. Just because you belong in the looney bin doesn'tale it alright to turn the rest of society upside down. Stop pandering to these lunatics.

I want to be a rabbit. I identify as a rabbit. What rights do I have now? I've always felt that inside I was a rabbit. Society needs to pander to my needs as a rabbit. I am deeply offended by Bugs Bunny. I want all public restrooms to have a bundle of hay in a stall so that I can feel comfortable going to the bathroom.
You do realize the only ones making all the fuss are the right wingers that are trying to oppose their big government style onto others and ban something they have no control over.....

Old 04-08-2016, 06:16 PM

Everybody is making a fuss.
Both sides are bugging out for both sides of the argument.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:20 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,269 times
Quote:
Well I imagine you would be annoyed as well if someone tried to ban you from using the restroom for no good reason. Best way to solve this problem is to not ban something you can't control.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:46 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Can you tell us why this law came into effect? Who was it that started it? Why?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
More fallout from this "bathroom protection" law.

Now a woman has just found out that it isn't all about bathrooms or LGBT. She just found out that her employment discrimination case won't be heard and she will have to go through federal courts.

NC woman suing for age discrimination gets caught up in HB2 bill fallout | WNCN
Thanks for pointing out the real reason for the boycott. The people justifying it by going into details about perverts and their kids do not seem to understand what this law is actually about. NC went much further than the bathroom issue. They performed surgery requiring a scalpel with an axe.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Can you tell us why this law came into effect? Who was it that started it? Why?
The Cherokee Indians.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:55 PM

32,079 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
And like I said, I don't have a problem with him using the men's room, though I do think showering with the guys is going to be an incredibly awkward experience.

The way the wind is blowing, I fully anticipate that federal courts are going to fix that problem very soon.

Before it became an issue, you're right. Everyone just discretely went to the restroom of their appearance. It was actually transgender rights laws that kicked over the anthill and made a mess of things. By mandating that some specific people have the legal right to be in the restroom/shower/locker room opposite their biological gender, they freaked everyone out. In creating such laws, they effectively shouted it from the rooftops, "Hey ladies, some of the girls in the girls room have a penis and no vagina -- and they have the legal right to be there. There's nothing you can do about it!" "Hey guys, some of guys in the men's room have vaginas and not penises -- and they have the legal right to be there. There's nothing you can do about it!"

That's just a recipe for outrage, especially for women who now have to wonder if the "woman" in the next stall is really a man and possible a opportunistic pervert.

I can't speak for all women but I could care less who is in the stall next to me. Restrooms are very public places
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies