Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So you think every gym is just like yours?
Not all women use the curtained areas. Not all gyms have curtains for changing stalls. It's hard to get dressed in the shower don't you think? Everything's wet, even the floor.

And, by the way, such strange fantasies may be the reason so many on the left don't understand the rationale behind this law.
Well, thanks to this law, you can now look forward to female to male transsexuals with male parts dressing in front of you, since their birth certificate says female.

Us on the left understand the rationale quite well, we just know you guys didn't think this through very well.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:

In this day and age, there's not much concern any longer about LGBT discrimination even without laws. Most people shrug and take the attitude of 'to each his own', 'live and let live'. The right doesn't scream as loudly about it as the left does. Our culture is losing that battle, and so it goes the way it must...Bible believing folks know how the book ends.
Yup, the right doesn't really care. That's why all the right wing southern states are passing these new laws attacking LGBT people. Give me a break. You guys are obsessed with the topic.

Quote:
You accuse him of hypocrisy but don't see it in your own post?
They are not discriminating, and you have a problem with that?
Nope, I see no hypocrisy in my post. My issue is the President of the biggest anti-gay hate group in the country is attacking PayPal and saying he doesn't like the company, doesn't want their business, and doesn't want them in North Carolina, and yet he's accepting donations through PayPal to fund his extremist organization. Not to mention he uses Facebook and Twitter, both major pro-gay companies. Right wingers have hypocrisy down to an art form.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Difference of opinion does not mean anyone who thinks differently is an idiot.
He's an idiot, because he passed a law that will have the exact opposite effect of what he was supposedly trying to achieve, and he's going to destroy his entire State's economy, because he hates gays. So yes, he's an idiot.

Quote:
That would mean that, because he does not agree with you, he would have the right to call you an idiot?
Nope. I'm not the one who passed a stupid, nonsensical bill that will destroy an entire state's economy. If I tried to pass a bill removing all protections from religious people in the State, then yes i'd be an idiot, because it would not end well for anyone.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 AM

78 posts, read 88,633 times
I don't care to get too involved in this heated discussion, but I do want to point out something that hasn't been corrected yet from several posters regarding biological men and women who have had sex reassignment surgeries, or sex changes, claiming a man who now has female parts or a woman who now has male parts are forced to use the bathroom in which they don't identify. They can have their gender changed on their birth certificates and proceed to use the bathroom of their new gender. They will not be forced to use the bathrooms of their former genders.

That is all, and thanks for listening. Carry on.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
The problem is not with the transgenders. It's with those who would pretend to be in order to gain access.
And what's stopping them from doing that with this bill being passed? Does the bill have any mention of setting up bathroom police to check people's genitals and birth certificate before they enter the bathroom? If you say no, what did the Bill accomplish? How will you enforce it?

Quote:
I don't think that the first group are perverts, but the second group are. I don't want them near me nor my kids or grandkids.
Then why aren't you supporting a bill to ban straight, often married men from bathrooms since 98% of all pedophiles fall into that category? You guys can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 AM

854 posts, read 586,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
And I notice you miss the point of every single liberal policy mentioned while mentioning that women can be whores. Lovely. Exactly on my point with hypocrisy though.

Having dad notified may not be a super-duper policy, but saying that it is going to incite violence as a whole is absolutely idiotic. I notice you don't really address the concerns of women when we talk about rape/sexual assault. I guess they were asking for it? Maybe didn't check their mail (Suffolk County, NY PD says you get a 3 day notice before assault/rape/robbed/murdered so you don't need any active self defense)?

But keep using the Alinsky method of "all conservatives want to punish women" while targeting entire swaths of the population and making sweeping comments like that one. I'm sure you would be ok with it if someone said similarly regarding <insert favorite "protected group" here>.

What IS the point of the policy? Why put forth a policy that helps absolutely NO ONE and only potentially endangers someone, namely the woman? Furthermore, what ABOUT rape and sexual assault victims? I guess they need to "notify the dad" too, if they wind up pregnant? Do you actually think such an argument helps YOUR case?

You conservatives do not tend to think these things through properly, as someone above me noted.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgibson View Post
I don't care to get too involved in this heated discussion, but I do want to point out something that hasn't been corrected yet from several posters regarding biological men and women who have had sex reassignment surgeries, or sex changes, claiming a man who now has female parts or a woman who now has male parts are forced to use the bathroom in which they don't identify. They can have their gender changed on their birth certificates and proceed to use the bathroom of their new gender. They will not be forced to use the bathrooms of their former genders.

That is all, and thanks for listening. Carry on.
Not all states allow for change of sex on birth certificates. Then there are the ones that have had everything but the lower surgery who look fully as the opposite sex like Buck Angel etc.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,476,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
What IS the point of the policy? Why put forth a policy that helps absolutely NO ONE and only potentially endangers someone, namely the woman? Furthermore, what ABOUT rape and sexual assault victims? I guess they need to "notify the dad" too, if they wind up pregnant? Do you actually think such an argument helps YOUR case?

You conservatives do not tend to think these things through properly, as someone above me noted.
Still not addressing the issue I brought up. Why is it OK, without a word of any problem nor any support for boycott by commercial entities, for liberals to actually come out and say they are passing laws for the sole reason of reducing the amount of people that can practice a constitutionally protected act while something like this causes an uproar? Because you like one side and not the other? Just admit it.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM

854 posts, read 586,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Still not addressing the issue I brought up. Why is it OK, without a word of any problem nor any support for boycott by commercial entities, for liberals to actually come out and say they are passing laws for the sole reason of reducing the amount of people that can practice a constitutionally protected act while something like this causes an uproar? Because you like one side and not the other? Just admit it.

What laws and "constitutionally protected acts" are you even referring to?

And what is the uproar exactly? Businesses are sovereign entities, or did you forget the nature of capitalism? If a business does not want to have a redneck workforce, they don't have to. If conservatives want to elect rednecks as their representatives, they can deal with the repercussions of that (businesses not wanting to do business there). Actions are not without consequences. They voted for this guy and largely appear to defend his policies so they can reap the consequences of that.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,436,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I can also end my PayPal services since they are OK with putting women and children at risk from predators.
I'm ending my paypal account too. I stand with the State of North Carolina! Good Job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies