Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 02:00 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,247,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It's a place where -- until now -- they knew men weren't allowed to go. A woman might change clothes in the restroom stall in a pinch. If it's that time of the month, a change of underwear might just be in order. And it certainly is a place where women are regularly sitting there with their pants around their ankles. Most bathroom stalls don't offer all that much privacy.

Yeah, that's a magical wonderland for guys who are freaks and perverts. That's always been true.

Yeah that part is stupid. If you've had the operation, go be with your current gender already.
Seriously?

I have been using womens bathrooms my whole life, and never once have I seen someones body parts exposed. You would have to be actively trying to see something to do so, and that would get noticed. There are already laws against peeping.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,563,529 times
that's very sad for those women. but criminals will always find a way to hurt people. most of those women were not assaulted by a trans pretending to be a woman.

maybe the bigger issue is clearly that we shouldn't have public locker rooms that are so open if so many crimes are being committed in them.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,589,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Any idiot knows there's a difference. A man can actually overpower a female victim. Men are also vastly more likely to be sexual predators. Female sexual predators are incredibly rare.

Most women I know would rather avoid public restrooms, locker rooms and showers if possible. They're already uncomfortable. Now, transgender rights laws are stripping away what little sense of security they had in the girl's room.

I'd really like to see numbers on how many women are okay with letting biological men in there.
You don't seem to understand something. People don't go around the women's room looking to see genitals. Seriously. And if they do, REGARDLESS of who it is, they're going to get not only an earful but also get sued. It's called peeping. No good no matter who you are.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:06 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,563,529 times
oh come on! plenty of freaks walking around, most of which aren't LGBT.

Go back to post #42 and tell me if you'd like him to use the girls room.

get real. your hypothetical's are just that.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:07 PM

854 posts, read 587,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Very bigoted statement. Irony noted.

In dead last is West Virginia, where it's all relative

Old 04-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Don't care. If the residents of these redneck states would like industry to invest in their regions and continue to do so, they're going to need to shake their images and reputations as backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK.

The easiest way to accomplish that would be to first stop voting for backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK to represent them. Might help, just a little.

Last edited by torontocheeka; 04-06-2016 at 02:20 PM..

Old 04-06-2016, 02:26 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,756,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
that's very sad for those women. but criminals will always find a way to hurt people. most of those women were not assaulted by a trans pretending to be a woman.
How many victims of sexual assault directly caused by allowing transgenders in is acceptable in your opinion? Ten? Twenty? If thirty women are raped or assaulted by phony transgenders, is that reason enough to change the laws back?

And don't underestimate perverts. They're already very stealthy about doing their thing. This crap is giving them a wide-open door. If you read through my last link, you noticed that there were a crap-ton of men who dressed up as women, wore wigs, wore bras and panties -- all to get their fix and/or gain access to their female victims. For all men willing to cross-dress to achieve their pervy goals, the transgender rights laws are like Christmas came early! Governments everywhere are making it 1000 times easier for them to do what they do!

Is a woman any less of a victim if she is not assaulted but is photoed/videoed peeing or showering, or in her bra and panties, etc?

Pervs can be clever about it too. They already find ways to rarely if ever get caught. Now that we're making it so much easier, I fully expect a massive increase in ill-gotten perv videos showing up online.

Quote:
maybe the bigger issue is clearly that we shouldn't have public locker rooms that are so open if so many crimes are being committed in them.
In a perfect world, that would be ideal. Unfortunately, gyms, high schools, businesses and other public places simply don't have the space nor the money to make a separate restroom, locker room or shower for everyone who needs one.

Picture a football stadium with one restroom per woman attending. How about the same thing with a Gold's Gym with a separate shower room for each woman? Not very realistic, is it?

Old 04-06-2016, 02:29 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,284,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Time to gird your loins...

PayPal is a total hypocrite. They want to boycott NC over a law about BATHROOMS, of all things, but THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM DOING BUSINESS IN SAUDI ARABIA, WHERE YOU CAN BE EXECUTED FOR BEING GAY AND/OR TRANSGENDERED UNDER SAUDI LAW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r...n_Saudi_Arabia

Here is the PayPal fee schedule for transactions occurring in Saudi Arabia:

https://www.paypal.com/sa/fees

All of this 'outrage' is totally fabricated and illiterate.
I don't live in Saudi Arabia. I live in South Carolina, and the full intent of this law is to try to undo antidiscrimination laws. I have sent letters to the governor and the N.C. legislature informing them that after 60 years of going up for shopping, vacations, and concerts, I have spent my last nickel in N.C. until this idiocy is repealed. They probably won't notice my hundred dollars a week or so that I used to spend there, but I am not the only one who is boycotting them. They will eventually get the message and get with the plan.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:31 PM

27,715 posts, read 16,217,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
Don't care. If the residents of these redneck states would like industry to invest in their regions and continue to do so, they're going to need to shake their images and reputations as backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK.

The easiest way to accomplish that would be to first stop voting for backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK to represent them. Might help, just a little.
Because only backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK dont like to see their uncle sport a dress and follow their daughters into the bathroom. You forgot "redneck"

Old 04-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Because only backwoods, inbred, trailer-dwelling members of the KKK dont like to see their uncle sport a dress and follow their daughters into the bathroom. You forgot "redneck"

First of all, yes, only a redneck or possibly a ghetto rat who crawled out of a slum. I'm glad you recognize it.

Second of all, assuming you're a man (I can't be sure, you seem rather insecure and threatened, are you a man?), would you really be gravely uncomfortable with this former woman being in a locker room with you?

http://transvalid.org/wp-content/uploads/shawn1.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies