Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2008, 05:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
The only thing thats wrong with gay marriage is that its different and it scares a bunch of conservative people who can't stand anything different from themselves.
It doesn't scare me in the least... I am not the one living in sin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,106,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Well then thats your choice. Its their choice as well, and their choice is behind closed doors and doesn't mean jobs are gonna be shipped overseas or a family will have to choose between gas for work and milk for the kids. I though all of you conservatives are such a big fan on freedom to choose?

Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,891,655 times
Quote:
America was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs.

And marriage is still not a "right."
Actually, most of the framers were deist. America was founded on principles of freedom and equality, not religious ones. That was the whole point.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Actually, most of the framers were deist. America was founded on principles of freedom and equality, not religious ones. That was the whole point.
Really? Read some of the speeches from the politicains back then and see how many times "God" was mentioned (a lot).

Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Well then thats your choice. Its their choice as well, and their choice is behind closed doors and doesn't mean jobs are gonna be shipped overseas or a family will have to choose between gas for work and milk for the kids.
That's right. So why would I be "afraid" of someone living in sin?

Quote:
I though all of you conservatives are such a big fan on freedom to choose?
There is also something call "morals," and a "moral society."

Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Last I checked, you weren't the one who decides what is or isn't a sin, and before you say its in the Bible, I believe the Bible said pork was a sin as well.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
That's right. So why would I be "afraid" of someone living in sin?

There is also something call "morals," and a "moral society."
If your such a fan of a moral society, why don't you religious right people start pushing for liveable minimum wages. Thats a moral society issue.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:47 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,891,655 times
Quote:
Really? Read some of the speeches from the politicains back then and see how many times "God" was mentioned (a lot).
It's not that deists don't believe in the existence of a god that created the universe and has supreme power over us. Deists merely question that this god chooses to exert her power over us day to day. It depends on the individual exactly how different a deist's belief is from traditional biblical belief, but the main idea of deism, hence the name, is belief in a supreme being. Thus, these politicians would have mentioned god often.

Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Sort of like how Bushes speeches after 9/11 kept mentioning Iraq. So if those words are in the same speech, then they must be true or associated in some way.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
If your such a fan of a moral society, why don't you religious right people start pushing for liveable minimum wages. Thats a moral society issue.
Because in many cases, a higher minimum wage forces some employers to lay off employees or to not hire more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies