Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 11:25 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Europeans are a much better quality human...I'd take the trade any day.
That wasn't the prevailing wisdom at the time.

Quote:
Come on bud..don't be silly...That's an awesome way to package it...but what they really want is to have their 7 children on my dime then stand before me with their sad face and hand out...THEN, expect me to learn their language and train them to steal my kids job.
Hey, whatever you tell yourself to justify your xenophobia. Do your kids want to be produce pickers, construction workers, truck drivers, etc?

Quote:
Believe me...we don't need to worry about labor shortages...we need to worry about job shortages...The job shortage epidemic is perpetuated by people reproducing like cockroaches. You'll never guess who the abusers may be.
In the real world there are a lot of jobs that need workers, but not enough workers who can pass a drug test and be credit worthy enough. Not to mention the skills gap. After the 2008 economic crash, a lot of people simply aren't employable in their current state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If Trump deports all illegals (including visa overstays):

1. All of the people who make a buck catering to illegals will have to look for another job. That incudes an awful lot of people in Federal and State government.

2. Your property taxes should go down because your town won't need as many schools.

3. Illegal drugs will get very, very expensive. Property crime by users will increase to pay for the expensive drugs.

4. The U.S. will go up a few places on the World Educational Performance rankings.

5. Gang violence will decrease...well, the violence won't decrease, just the number of occurrences.

6. The Catholic Church will be on life support...you do know that's why they support illegal immigration, right?

7. High School kids won't have an excuse not to get an afterschool job.

8. Identity theft crime will decrease.

9. There will be more room in US prisons so USA inmates can do their full sentence.

10. Teaching English as a Second Language won't be as hot of a job as it is now.

11. Mexican flag makers will go back to making hula girls for the dashboard.

12. We can re-retire some diseases.

13. Wealthy Californians will have to take care of their own d**n kids.

14. You might actually get faster service in the hospital emergency room.

15. Restaurant variety will fall off unless the feds follow my well thought out Immigration Policy of "Restauranteurs First" also known as putting people from all countries who want to open restaurants in the US at the front of the line to come in legally.
Just that simple huh? Lol. I use to be naive when I was younger too.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

They just want a better life. That deserves hostility?

Everyone wants a better life...........Does that excuse breaking the law?

Does that mean we should just throw open the borders to any and all who want to come in?
How long do you think America would be the land of opportunity and prosperity instead of just another third world nation if we did that?

If I steal your wallet and use your cash and credit cards to buy a bigger house (because, after all.... I just want a better life) does that make it ok?

Why is stealing your wallet not ok but coming here illegally and stealing jobs is ok?

Exactly what is it about the phrase ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION that you find so confusing?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Everyone wants a better life...........Does that excuse breaking the law?

Does that mean we should just throw open the borders to any and all who want to come in?
How long do you think America would be the land of opportunity and prosperity instead of just another third world nation if we did that?

If I steal your wallet and use your cash and credit cards to buy a bigger house (because, after all.... I just want a better life) does that make it ok?

Why is stealing your wallet not ok but coming here illegally and stealing jobs is ok?

Exactly what is it about the phrase ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION that you find so confusing?
Because cutting off ones nose to spit ones face is never smart.

I don't agree with your wallet analogy. I am from Texas and I know first hand the hypocrisy from every side.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:56 PM

248 posts, read 172,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If Trump deports all illegals (including visa overstays):

1. All of the people who make a buck catering to illegals will have to look for another job. That incudes an awful lot of people in Federal and State government.

2. Your property taxes should go down because your town won't need as many schools.

3. Illegal drugs will get very, very expensive. Property crime by users will increase to pay for the expensive drugs.

4. The U.S. will go up a few places on the World Educational Performance rankings.

5. Gang violence will decrease...well, the violence won't decrease, just the number of occurrences.

6. The Catholic Church will be on life support...you do know that's why they support illegal immigration, right?

7. High School kids won't have an excuse not to get an afterschool job.

8. Identity theft crime will decrease.

9. There will be more room in US prisons so USA inmates can do their full sentence.

10. Teaching English as a Second Language won't be as hot of a job as it is now.

11. Mexican flag makers will go back to making hula girls for the dashboard.

12. We can re-retire some diseases.

13. Wealthy Californians will have to take care of their own d**n kids.

14. You might actually get faster service in the hospital emergency room.

15. Restaurant variety will fall off unless the feds follow my well thought out Immigration Policy of "Restauranteurs First" also known as putting people from all countries who want to open restaurants in the US at the front of the line to come in legally.
All spot on and so true that it hurts...some people that is.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Well to the bolded, then why aren't they? It seems in the real world that every major immigrant group in American history was used as cheap labor.

Answering the question asked in the same sentence...

Litigation 101. Don't ask a question, that the answer isn't already known.

Undercutting the competition in price, generates more volume of work.
Bidding low, to get the work, has brought on the illegal aliens in the construction trades.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:55 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
That wasn't the prevailing wisdom at the time.

Hey, whatever you tell yourself to justify your xenophobia. Do your kids want to be produce pickers, construction workers, truck drivers, etc?

In the real world there are a lot of jobs that need workers, but not enough workers who can pass a drug test and be credit worthy enough. Not to mention the skills gap. After the 2008 economic crash, a lot of people simply aren't employable in their current state.
What is wrong with a construction worker or truck driver? Are your kids too sissified to do those jobs?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:57 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Because cutting off ones nose to spit ones face is never smart.

I don't agree with your wallet analogy. I am from Texas and I know first hand the hypocrisy from every side.

Pffft....how exactly are illegal immigrants "our nose"? LOL

Let me guess.....you're going to spout the "jobs Americans won't do" nonsense.......save it.

The wallet analogy is perfectly sound, if I take your money to help "make a better life" for myself, it is no different than taking your job, or your social security number.

It is not America's job to be the world's orphanage.

Oh, BTW.......I used to live in San Antonio, Texas, it's a bit of a different story there.

Hispanics have been part of the culture there for so long that many have become so Americanized that some barley speak Spanish. But most of those are 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation Americans, mostly from parents/grandparents that came to the country legally.....back when we used to actually enforce the law.

But in states farther from the border, like North Carolina and it's a very different story.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:09 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
No need to deport all the illegals. If Congress links an E-Verify requirement for employer tax expensing of wages, many illegal aliens who can't get jobs will depart on their own.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:19 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What is wrong with a construction worker or truck driver? Are your kids too sissified to do those jobs?

Exactly! We have always had a large blue-collared American work force and there is nothing shameful about that. Not everyone is cut out to be a white collared desk jockey. What I'd like to know is what does this issue have to do with xenophobia? To object to illegal immigration makes one a xenophobic? Most don't have a problem with legal immigration within the allotted quotas. A xenophobic has a fear of strangers. Just who is a stranger to our country that isn't here legally? It's just race card pulling by the pro-illegals and it doesn't fly anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies