Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 09:31 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Face it....you got nuthin.
I got it all.

I just don't like policies that cut off my nose to spit my face. I get it that it's easier to simply blame poor folks and illegal immigrants, but the world isn't a simple place.

But it's still a moot point. Trump will need Congress for the money needed to "enforce" the laws and Congress is not going to approve the money necessary to deport millions of illegal immigrants who don't voluntarily leave.

Legalize the illegals and shift the immigration attention towards the legal immigrants who are actually taking the well paying jobs. I do share the sentiment that too much immigration is an issue. However, if you complaining about jobs, then that's simply a "personal responsibility" type of thing that Americans as a whole have been lacking. Too many Americans aren't skilled enough and I am talking about YOUR preferred type of Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yeah right. What color is the sky in your world.
Yea right what?

Old 05-27-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In some states YOU would catch a bullet for doing what you just said; breaking and entering, and there wouldn't be a thing you or your people could do about it. Period.
There are certainly people who would shoot folks for simply crossing the border.

But kinda like how running a government isn't like running a household. Illegal immigration isn't simply like a thief breaking into your house.

But hey, some folks can only understand simplicity.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please tell THAT to those Mexicans who followed OUR rules about moving to the US: word is many of them get real pissed at illegal aliens, even if they're other Mexicans.
Ok?

What's your point? Life isn't fair, so what some Mexicans got here legally and some didn't in the context of this particular discussion? Seems like arguing over spilled milk.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:52 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Ok?

What's your point? Life isn't fair, so what some Mexicans got here legally and some didn't in the context of this particular discussion? Seems like arguing over spilled milk.
You're right: life ain't always fair. Look at how the Dominican Republic treats ITS illegals from Haiti; even tho yanking birthright going back to 1929's going too far IMHO, it's def time for the US to considering stripping birthright for anchor kids if under 18 years old and if BOTH parents here illegally.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
If he did deport the illegals maybe he will kick a bunch of other people off welfare and they can take those jobs It's more complicated than just deporting people.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Lol. Well yes it is a big world. The fact remains that China has less manufacturing jobs than they did a decade ago due to globalization and automation....You don't even know what you are talking about.....Immigration is generally driven by instability. It isn't speculation.....Based on what calculation?.....There are plenty of jobs but not enough skilled workers, workers who can pass a drug test, or have decent credit.....Have you actually looked for a job lately? There are lots....Lol again you can't connect the dots.....Bahahaha. You are like the opposite of the a millennial liberal with your fantasies.
Quote:
There are plenty of jobs but not enough skilled workers. Hasn't nothing to do with left or right, it has everything to with Americans not being prepared for the 21st century work force.....Notice how many boomers you see working in retail?......It's the employers bro. They care about making money......Please... Agriculture and construction are things that saved you money.....wow a single photo?....You got me... Lol.
Dribble, dribble, dribble....

Last edited by dechatelet; 05-28-2016 at 05:21 AM..

Old 05-28-2016, 05:18 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Except that Trump would have to ask congress for the money needed to "enforce" the law.
Wrong.

All he would have to do is use the military to stop the illegal invasion of our country and kick the illegals out.

Just like Eisenhower did.

Quote:
You mean if they broke into my house and started to doing all the chores I didn't want to do? That would probably be a better type of analogy if you want to stick with the "robber" type of analogy.

I personally don't view them as thieves.
Then why aren't they in your house doing your chores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
If he did deport the illegals maybe he will kick a bunch of other people off welfare and they can take those jobs
Exactly.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:34 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If Trump becomes president, and he deports all the illegals, who is going to do the jobs they were doing? Americans don't really like farming, and bust your ass type jobs. We would have to find a way to pay Americans +$20/hr to butcher chickens, pick strawberries, assemble widgets, and perform other tedious, boring, repetitive in nature jobs. Or, just continue sending all our jobs to slave wage nations, and teaching Americans that welfare is an acceptable alternative to work.

How would that all work out? It's much easier to collect welfare than it is to devote your life to menial labor. And we are fast becoming a welfare nation. Some would say we are there already. And I don't think many Americans are going to like paying more for just about everything we buy.

I would rather see the illegals booted out, and companies forced to pay livable wages once more. But, I don't think everyone would be so happy about the outcome.
How things have been in our nations pretty much through the Baby Boom generation years has been a fantasy land experience.

We literally are a welfare, service-based, consumer economy. So basically we're sitting high on the value of the dollar fiat currently, spending money to 'help' the world economy, and for those that can't help are getting fed by the government.

We are in a SAD state. All of our 'wealth' is a deception. We are not wealthy. We are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt.

But yet we are continuing to spend like we aren't, and hate to point the finger but all of this is the result of the Baby Boom generations letting things develop like this. Lobby organizations like the AARP. Voting from the public treasury.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy. " (unknown author)

The younger generations are screwed. Can't afford taking care of ourselves let alone paying for the healthcare and retirement for those that didn't plan for themselves.

It would do Americans GOOD to get off their butts and start a landscaping company or whatever. Sure you'd have to PAY more, but that all enters back into the local economy in one way or another.

The problem is much much bigger than simply illegal immigration.

Just for the record, I have two friends that are doing decently well in our troubled economy working these blue collar type of jobs. One is a contractor and the other is now an organic farmer of 5 years. I'm happy both are doing well, but these are backbreaking type of jobs. The guy working the farm is out there literally all day during in the summer in the heat in North Carolina. It's just him and his wife. They both have families they are working to support.

So buy your vegetables at the local farmers market grown as opposed to Walmart. Help out your local economy.

I also know a guy that has his own lumber business. Another guy I know works on hand-crafted furniture. Both have children. Both of these guys could work with each other. Both could provide a superior product than what you get at Walmart.

The problem is, Walmart is cheap. The reason why is because of trade agreements.

People do not see the big picture. They can't look past the extra couple dollars they are going to spend at the checkout line.

This is why America has failed. We're going to the government for everything now. How about instead of promising student loan forgiveness (which ultimately the TAX PAYERS will have to pay), why not make it so students don't have to pay so much for college and/or give them the opportunity to pay the loans off? I think most would rather be responsible and do it that way than asking for the government's assistance.

But as the Bible says, the rich rule over the poor and the borrower is SLAVE to the lender. So the govt likes it's position of POWER.

Anyways the party is over though once our currency devalues (hyperinflates?)... who knows. I'm sure our mass media outlets will not keep us in the dark. << sarcasm

Last edited by Mikelee81; 05-28-2016 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-28-2016, 05:48 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
CAUTION: Rant mode ON.

You know, I've been listening to this "jobs Americans won't do" nonsense for years now.

It's absolute drivel....the ultimate straw man argument.

Why? Because illegals aren't just fruit pickers and ditch diggers anymore and they haven't been for the last thirty years or so.

At one time, you could make this argument.....but that time has long since past.

Illegals have all but taken over the construction trades in many cities.
Go to just about any job site in many cities and take a look at the Carpenters, Roofers, Painters, Masons, Drywall and Concrete crews.

These are jobs that, at one time were the vocations of choice for many Americans who, either did not want to or could not afford to go to college. It was a way to still be paid a fair wage, raise a family and live the American dream.

Now.... They are almost all Hispanic workers.

And before you ask...."how do you know they're illegal"?

The answer is ....I work with them, I talk to them and I've even had some over for dinner.
They are no longer afraid to admit they're illegal, they come right out and tell you exactly why they are here, how they got here etc.

So, can we please finally dispel this myth once and for all?

Illegals are taking jobs that could be, should be and used to be done by American workers.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that is either grossly misinformed or intentionally being misleading to further an agenda.

Rant mode off
They depress wages, too. For example, that US citizen master carpenter that earned $25/hr 30 years ago? Now has to work for $12/hr because the illegals have undercut wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies