Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:10 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan551 View Post
For the majority of America's history, we had tons of people who were willing to do those types of jobs. In fact, they used to pay enough (and other expenses were lower) for a man to work a job like that and support a family.

It's completely false to say Americans won't do those jobs. I've known people who have done farming, butchering, and construction - both adults and students. They may have to pay a little bit more, but the costs to the consumer won't be much, and it will make our society better. There are tons of Americans out of work (much more than the "official" unemployment numbers indicate). If anything, we need this to happen so wages can increase naturally a little bit for those Americans who are in the country legally.
We didn't have the bills to pay that we do now either. Nor the enormous debt which the next generations must shoulder. Thus, Americans are forced to do more productive things besides farming and mowing each others lawns. We cannot support our average standard of living by doing these kinds of activities.

I know how my grandparents and great grandparents lived. Life was not easy. It sounded down right hard compared to life today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 04:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Trump recognizes the need for legitimate worker visa situations
you won't see him deport LEGAL foreigners here to pick crops.
He wants to deport the do-nothings and criminals and he's the
only one who will make a difference.
I want all illegals kicked out.

Then take all the deadbeats sucking down welfare and tell them to work or they starve.

Welfare reform and illegal alien problems solved.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
You don't understand the process then. Illegal aliens are entitled to the same constitutional protections as citizens. That's been case law in the U.S. for over 100 years. They have immigration courts for a reason.
Want to try that again?

Another change is that in 2013, a record 363,000 (83%) of deportations were carried out without appearing before a judge – either through an order issued by an enforcement agent (called expedited removal) or by using a previous order of deportation (called reinstatement of final orders). This is due to a 2005 shift in policy that has increased the likelihood of being deported after apprehension.

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013 | Pew Research Center

Old 05-21-2016, 04:15 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,917,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Then take all the deadbeats sucking down welfare and tell them to work or they starve.

I think many problems in America would self correct in a generation or two. But I sure wouldn't wanna be around when such a policy is implemented... That would not go over well. Riots at least.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:

We need to kick them all out or change the laws.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, but it requires the approval of the courts which will be clogged up dealing with appeal after appeal.
Nope, five minutes in front of a immigration judge who orders the illegal summarily deported.

If the illegal appeals, lock them you till the appeal is heard. Guarantee most of them won't take that option.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Want to try that again?

Another change is that in 2013, a record 363,000 (83%) of deportations were carried out without appearing before a judge – either through an order issued by an enforcement agent (called expedited removal) or by using a previous order of deportation (called reinstatement of final orders). This is due to a 2005 shift in policy that has increased the likelihood of being deported after apprehension.

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013 | Pew Research Center
Want to try that again?

You do realize that expedited removals are only allowed in very narrow circumstances correct? Either they arrived by sea or they were caught within 100 miles of the border and were caught within 14 days of arrival. That pretty kills your argument there since most illegal immigrants will not fall under that rule. Want to try that again?

Old 05-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,142,781 times
We managed just fine before the invasion.. screw that nonsense"jobs americans wont do"crap

Old 05-21-2016, 04:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
CAUTION: Rant mode ON.

You know, I've been listening to this "jobs Americans won't do" nonsense for years now.

It's absolute drivel....the ultimate straw man argument.

Why? Because illegals aren't just fruit pickers and ditch diggers anymore and they haven't been for the last thirty years or so.

At one time, you could make this argument.....but that time has long since past.

Illegals have all but taken over the construction trades in many cities.
Go to just about any job site in many cities and take a look at the Carpenters, Roofers, Painters, Masons, Drywall and Concrete crews.

These are jobs that, at one time were the vocations of choice for many Americans who, either did not want to or could not afford to go to college. It was a way to still be paid a fair wage, raise a family and live the American dream.

Now.... They are almost all Hispanic workers.

And before you ask...."how do you know they're illegal"?

The answer is ....I work with them, I talk to them and I've even had some over for dinner.
They are no longer afraid to admit they're illegal, they come right out and tell you exactly why they are here, how they got here etc.

So, can we please finally dispel this myth once and for all?

Illegals are taking jobs that could be, should be and used to be done by American workers.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that is either grossly misinformed or intentionally being misleading to further an agenda.

Rant mode off
Agreed and HOW! Too; like you all but said, less than 1 illegal alien in 20 even does farm work, the rest are forcing down wages for skilled trade Americans and, soon "white collar" people's jobs will be in danger IF this scam keeps up.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:39 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Nope, five minutes in front of a immigration judge who orders the illegal summarily deported.

If the illegal appeals, lock them you till the appeal is heard. Guarantee most of them won't take that option.
That's assuming the Judge is going to do that which a lot of them are not. Since a lot of these immigrants have established roots in this country it's more likely they will have access to legal resources. Either through work or through their own financial means. It already takes about a year and a half as it is. How long do you think it will take if Flood the system with a massive case load. Trust me, the process will become will become glacial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies