Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 04:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That's assuming the Judge is going to do that which a lot of them are not. Since a lot of these immigrants have established roots in this country it's more likely they will have access to legal resources. Either through work or through their own financial means. It already takes about a year and a half as it is. How long do you think it will take if Flood the system with a massive case load. Trust me, the process will become will become glacial.
Tent cities surrounded by armed guards and barbed wire would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't have to. It would still be the same price because guess workers would just be imported in larger numbers to fill the gap is all. Georgia learned that one out the hard way and so did eastern shore crab houses in Maryland. Most Americans have zero desire to do either. You are kidding yourself if you think that is going to alter. Unskilled workers will simply be imported every year to fill the jobs is all.
If talking legal aliens here, I don't see the problem.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:53 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Tent cities surrounded by armed guards and barbed wire would work.
Yeah, good luck with that. The Lawyers would have a field day with that one. No politician in their right mind would touch that one with a 10 foot pole.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
It can't without a SC ruling on the subject or a new amendment. Neither of which is likely to happen.
More and more countries are stopping birthright, even Ireland cut that nonsense off about 10 years ago.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
If talking legal aliens here, I don't see the problem.
That's fine, but you aren't going to create jobs for Americans is my point. You are simply maintaining the status quo in a different fashion is all. Those types of jobs aren't going to be staffed by many citizens anymore.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that. The Lawyers would have a field day with that one. No politician in their right mind would touch that one with a 10 foot pole.
If a few more Americans get murdered in SF by illegal aliens; THAT may just push a LOT of politicians to change their positions like real quick.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
More and more countries are stopping birthright, even Ireland cut that nonsense off about 10 years ago.
That's fantastic for Ireland. Ireland isn't the United States though. Under U.S. law they are citizens at birth. The only thing that could alter that is another Constitutional amendment to nullify a part of the 14th amendment or a Supreme Court ruling that reverses a 100 year old precedent. Neither is likely to ever happen.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:57 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I know one thing: a lot of roofs here in North Texas would not be replaced, as they currently are due to hail (including my house, this very weekend). Lots of job openings for roofer (which can pay around $40,000 a year), but few legal takers.

Sad!
I agree. But, 40K is not exactly getting rich. You can live a somewhat comparable lifestyle on welfare. Your back won't hurt, you won't starve, and you probably won't complain.

I have a relative that does roofing. In 5 years, it looks like he aged 10 or 15. If I had a kid, I would advise them to do something else, like go to college and become a professional something or another. Not because I don't value the work and contribution that roofers make, but because I don't think 40K is enough money to sweat for.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:37 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
That's assuming the Judge is going to do that which a lot of them are not. Since a lot of these immigrants have established roots in this country it's more likely they will have access to legal resources. Either through work or through their own financial means. It already takes about a year and a half as it is. How long do you think it will take if Flood the system with a massive case load. Trust me, the process will become will become glacial.
I don't care. Let them rot in jail until they get before a judge. Roots, schmoots. Illegal is illegal.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't care. Let them rot in jail until they get before a judge. Roots, schmoots. Illegal is illegal.
Yeah, well that's not going to happen. So you can stop your mock outrage over the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies