Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 11:19 PM

248 posts, read 172,647 times

Advertisements

"Illegals are taking jobs that could be, should be and used to be done by American workers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well to the bolded, then why aren't they? It seems in the real world that every major immigrant group in American history was used as cheap labor.
Well, in short...companies / employers have decided to invest their training capital into 30-40 year old low-life lifers rather than the 16 year old American kid looking for job experience for a short period while he or she grows as a person and moves on to the next better thing. You see, employers aren't stupid; they know that real Americans aspire to do better in life whereas "some others" are happy breathing air, drinking their Budweiser and robbing from my children. Further, employers are fully aware of how easy it is to take advantage of immigrants; they know that immigrants feel so lucky to be here that they can force them to do things which violate labor code and not have worry about them blowing the whistle...whereas the American worker is taught to be mindful of employer labor trickery...16 year old American Jenny will tell her dad about company X's shenanigans and dad will immediately make a phone call to the labor board.

To simplify...Companies lose lots of money on training and turn-over...two things despised in business. Employer X's hiring options are as follows:
16 year old Jenny who you can't take advantage of and will inevitably quit as she strives to do and be better
OR
38 year old Juanita who will work that minimum wage kids job for life with a smile and do whatever you tell her to do....meanwhile I'll subsidize her income with tax dollars via the welfare system.
The employer wins with Juanita on the payroll...see how this works? Economics 101
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 12:27 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
"Illegals are taking jobs that could be, should be and used to be done by American workers."

Well, in short...companies / employers have decided to invest their training capital into 30-40 year old low-life lifers rather than the 16 year old American kid looking for job experience for a short period while he or she grows as a person and moves on to the next better thing. You see, employers aren't stupid; they know that real Americans aspire to do better in life whereas "some others" are happy breathing air, drinking their Budweiser and robbing from my children. Further, employers are fully aware of how easy it is to take advantage of immigrants; they know that immigrants feel so lucky to be here that they can force them to do things which violate labor code and not have worry about them blowing the whistle...whereas the American worker is taught to be mindful of employer labor trickery...16 year old American Jenny will tell her dad about company X's shenanigans and dad will immediately make a phone call to the labor board.

To simplify...Companies lose lots of money on training and turn-over...two things despised in business. Employer X's hiring options are as follows:
16 year old Jenny who you can't take advantage of and will inevitably quit as she strives to do and be better
OR
38 year old Juanita who will work that minimum wage kids job for life with a smile and do whatever you tell her to do....meanwhile I'll subsidize her income with tax dollars via the welfare system.
The employer wins with Juanita on the payroll...see how this works? Economics 101
That's like the third worst economics 101 lesson ever.

No wonder immigrants keep taking your jobs.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:

No wonder immigrants keep taking your jobs.
They definitely aren't taking my job as it requires an IQ of atleast 24...they're taking our kids jobs.
Don't allow the truth to hurt...you will blind yourself to facts.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:51 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Well, those jobs were done by dire poor whites and segregated minorities at very low wages, wages too low to maintain or make it to a middle class life. Those jobs were then relegated to the Illegals, because America has always sought to try and get free labor or labor for next to nothing.
Oh, like the elites in Latin America haven't?

You're right.

There is no exploitation of cheap labor in Latin America.

That's why everyone wants to stay there and would never even think of moving to the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No one is defending the illegal immigrants.
Really?

Have you been reading this thread?

Quote:
The thing should never have been allowed to happen. But it did. And the real argument is that it is not reversible. There is no will to do so.
Yeah.

Trump and his supporters are just "pretending." Right.

Quote:
It harms a large number of American Citizens. It requires legislation that does not have sufficient support.
It doesn't require any legislation.

Right now, it is against the law to come here illegally, and illegals are supposed to be deported.

All we need is a president like Trump who will get the job done.

Yes, it will cost more money. Trump can find the money. He can assign the military to carry out the job instead of fighting another useless war halfway around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
E verify, allow the cops to bust ANY known illegal alien and so on. Word WILL get out the US ain't playing and, MOST illegals WILL leave. I saw just that here in Arizona about 10 years ago when our state government was allowed to do its job, before the feds got stupid over illegal alien "rights" or some such BS.
Well said.

The only reason we haven't deported illegals and secured our border and ports of entry is that our politicians haven't wanted to do that -- even though the American people always wanted them to do it.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Quote:
So you only buy American eh? And most of the country only buys American eh? Wal Mart was simply a small Arkansas chain that moderately expanded eh?

I'd love to smoke what you are smoking.
That's another problem that Trump is going to solve.

Bring jobs and manufacturing back to this country from overseas.

Quote:

Don't insult my intelligence by acting like your "decent" "legal" immigrants who came here in droves
Why do you put the word "legal" in quotes?

Are you saying that legal immigrants who came here in the past didn't do it legally?

If you are saying that, you are wrong.

Quote:
Don't insult my intelligence by acting like your "decent" "legal" immigrants weren't stigmatized for taking jobs. The "natives" weren't too happy about the Irish or Italians or any group really. Folks like you would still be complaining regardless.
Maybe so.

But illegals can't deny that they are here illegally.

So, unlike legal immigrants, they deserve the hostility they are getting.

Quote:
Wrong.

You obviously don't understand basic economics.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
They definitely aren't taking my job as it requires an IQ of atleast 24...they're taking our kids jobs.
Don't allow the truth to hurt...you will blind yourself to facts.
Well then you only need to worry about globalization and automation.

Your kids jobs? I see more boomers working in retail than ever. How about them?

Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
That's another problem that Trump is going to solve.

Bring jobs and manufacturing back to this country from overseas.
That's adorable! He's going to do that when China can't even keep their manufacturing and they have a stronger central government.

Did you know China has less manufacturing jobs than 10 years ago?

Quote:
Why do you put the word "legal" in quotes?

Are you saying that legal immigrants who came here in the past didn't do it legally?

If you are saying that, you are wrong.
They would have come over by any means to escape their respective instability. If Europe was across the border and not the ocean then we would have had a whole bunch of illegal immigrants in the 19th and 20tb century.

Quote:
Maybe so.

But illegals can't deny that they are here illegally.

So, unlike legal immigrants, they deserve the hostility they are getting.
They just want a better life. That deserves hostility?

Quote:
Wrong.

You obviously don't understand basic economics.
Nah son. Creating labor shortages isn't a smart way to increase wages. You think there's a bunch of natives waiting in the wings to pick produce? And essentially do a lot of the behind the scenes work?

Old 05-26-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
They would have come over by any means to escape their respective instability. If Europe was across the border and not the ocean then we would have had a whole bunch of illegal immigrants in the 19th and 20tb century.
Europeans are a much better quality human...I'd take the trade any day.

Quote:
They just want a better life. That deserves hostility?
Come on bud..don't be silly...That's an awesome way to package it...but what they really want is to have their 7 children on my dime then stand before me with their sad face and hand out...THEN, expect me to learn their language and train them to steal my kids job.

Quote:
Nah son. Creating labor shortages isn't a smart way to increase wages. You think there's a bunch of natives waiting in the wings to pick produce? And essentially do a lot of the behind the scenes work?
Believe me...we don't need to worry about labor shortages...we need to worry about job shortages...The job shortage epidemic is perpetuated by people reproducing like cockroaches. You'll never guess who the abusers may be.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:40 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Law breakers deserve hostility. We have annual quotas for legal immigration in place for good reasons. Illegal immigration negates those sane quotas. The ole crop picking argument doesn't fly because only 2% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign workers. Most illegals are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage until millions of cheap, illegal workers flooded our borders.

Anytime that foreigners legal or illegal (and no matter where they are from) are taking American jobs to make the rich, richer when there are Americans available for a fair wage is a valid reason to complain. I fault these greedy employers also. Between illegal immigration and outsourcing job opportunities for Americans is disappearing. Somebody needs to educate themselves on this issue.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
If Trump deports all illegals (including visa overstays):

1. All of the people who make a buck catering to illegals will have to look for another job. That incudes an awful lot of people in Federal and State government.

2. Your property taxes should go down because your town won't need as many schools.

3. Illegal drugs will get very, very expensive. Property crime by users will increase to pay for the expensive drugs.

4. The U.S. will go up a few places on the World Educational Performance rankings.

5. Gang violence will decrease...well, the violence won't decrease, just the number of occurrences.

6. The Catholic Church will be on life support...you do know that's why they support illegal immigration, right?

7. High School kids won't have an excuse not to get an afterschool job.

8. Identity theft crime will decrease.

9. There will be more room in US prisons so USA inmates can do their full sentence.

10. Teaching English as a Second Language won't be as hot of a job as it is now.

11. Mexican flag makers will go back to making hula girls for the dashboard.

12. We can re-retire some diseases.

13. Wealthy Californians will have to take care of their own d**n kids.

14. You might actually get faster service in the hospital emergency room.

15. Restaurant variety will fall off unless the feds follow my well thought out Immigration Policy of "Restauranteurs First" also known as putting people from all countries who want to open restaurants in the US at the front of the line to come in legally.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:57 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Rich white elitist liberals are going to have to start scrubbing their own toilets.
Oh the horror!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If Trump becomes president, and he deports all the illegals, who is going to do the jobs they were doing? Americans don't really like farming, and bust your ass type jobs. We would have to find a way to pay Americans +$20/hr to butcher chickens, pick strawberries, assemble widgets, and perform other tedious, boring, repetitive in nature jobs. Or, just continue sending all our jobs to slave wage nations, and teaching Americans that welfare is an acceptable alternative to work.

How would that all work out? It's much easier to collect welfare than it is to devote your life to menial labor. And we are fast becoming a welfare nation. Some would say we are there already. And I don't think many Americans are going to like paying more for just about everything we buy.

I would rather see the illegals booted out, and companies forced to pay livable wages once more. But, I don't think everyone would be so happy about the outcome.

Last edited by FKD19124; 05-26-2016 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies