Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The progressive caucus in Congress has focused on these issues for decades ever since Sanders founded it in 1991 when he entered Congress. These are FDR democrats, New Dealers, serving the people and no one else. They are of course up against hundreds of puppets in Congress, but who in the world elected these puppets if not working class folks?
Very, very, very few were condemning the actions that highly favored Wall Street over main street the last 7.5 years. So I ask the question and you point out that there was a very small number complaining. Yes, a very small number spoke up.

So did Rand Paul. You can't expect the majority of one party to do what the majority of the other party won't do either.

Bernie is right when he says that Barney Frank should have absolutely nothing to do with the parties nomination but there he is, the guy who wrote the Wall Street protection act, Dodd/Frank.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:36 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Quote:
This has always fascinated me. Huge numbers of working class republicans talk about how free stuff is terrible, after 40 years of a massive transfer and redistribution of wealth and income from the working class to the big money donor class. Free stuff is flowing to the donor class in the forms of corporate welfare, trade deals, wars for profits, bailouts, anti-trust laws etc etc etc, keeping the donor class on top while laughing at the working class. I just dont get it. Why are so many republicans not bothered by the elephant in the room ****ting the hole room down but instead they continue to focus on some dust in the corner like food stamp fraud?
Because all the above is a Democrat party delusion.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
This has always fascinated me. Huge numbers of working class republicans talk about how free stuff is terrible, after 40 years of a massive transfer and redistribution of wealth and income from the working class to the big money donor class. Free stuff is flowing to the donor class in the forms of corporate welfare, trade deals, wars for profits, bailouts, anti-trust laws etc etc etc, keeping the donor class on top while laughing at the working class. I just dont get it. Why are so many republicans not bothered by the elephant in the room ****ting the hole room down but instead they continue to focus on some dust in the corner like food stamp fraud?
much bull crap here. corporate welfare? like what? depreciation allowances, depletion allowances, tax deductions, etc. these are NOT welfare, except in the tiny minds of progressives who want to destroy businesses.

wars for profits? again rubbish. i will grant that there are companies that are hired to assist the military, but privateers have always been a part of any war.

bailouts? not that i agree with, especially the way they were handled.

antitrust laws? would you rather have monopolies? one company that you buy your cars from, one company where you get your phone service from, one company where you buy your clothes from, etc.

a lot of the crap you complain about has been going on for centuries around the world. and the only people that complain are those that want to stir the pot and create trouble.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:40 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Very, very, very few were condemning the actions that highly favored Wall Street over main street the last 7.5 years. So I ask the question and you point out that there was a very small number complaining. Yes, a very small number spoke up.

So did Rand Paul. You can't expect the majority of one party to do what the majority of the other party won't do either.
When I say republicans, I mean the voters. I am talking about Republican voters, working class voters. People need to focus on the elephant in the room and not a little dust in the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Because all the above is a Democrat party delusion.
There is no delusion there outside of the idea that the (D)'s in large part haven't been a part of the problem.

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
I'd rather give money to people who contribute to society that to people who take from society.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
When I say republicans, I mean the voters. I am talking about Republican voters, working class voters. People need to focus on the elephant in the room and not a little dust in the corner.
The voters re-elected Obama. The voters have gone more for Hillary than Sanders. I am focusing on the elephant.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'd rather give money to people who contribute to society that to people who take from society.
College graduates do contribute to society. Wall Street no longer does.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Tax cuts are letting people keep their money.

What Democrats ain't able to figure out is most of the poor want jobs, not welfare.

Old 05-29-2016, 08:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
There are some examples of food stamp fraud sure, but its like a little dust in the corner. When the Koch brothers and the Wall Street top dogs donate billions to their puppets, they get TRILLIONS in return. Free stuff to keep them on top at the expense of the working class. They are not stupid! So why do working class folks focus on the little dust in the corner and not the elephant in the room?
Big business donates MORE to democrats than Republicans and get more in return for their 'investment' in politicians so why would you expect working class Republicans to support Democrats? Or are you one of those liberals who only sees what you want to see and froth at the mouth about whatever Huffington tells you to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies