Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 02:18 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So WHY let males into females' facilities based on NOTHING more than their "say so?"
Well it depends, when it comes to schools, there should be a formal change of gender that should be approved first. As for other facilities, transgender people have been using the facilities they identify with for as long as there has been transgender people.

Also, almost all facilities don't have anyone standing outside of them inspecting genitalia, so there is nothing that would stop a male claiming to be a male from walking into the women's facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Because that is what we did before the letter.
NO, it ISN'T. We DIDN'T let males into girls' multiple occupancy restroom/changing/locker/shower rooms just because they "claim" to be transgender.

What on earth would ever make you think that's true?

Illinois familires are suing the Obama Admin because they forced their school to admit males to girls' facilities or lose federal funding.

51 families
from JUST ONE school.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
NO, it ISN'T. We DIDN'T let males into girls' multiple occupancy restroom/changing/locker/shower rooms just because they "claim" to be transgender.

What on earth would ever make you think that's true?

Illinois familires are suing the Obama Admin because they forced their school to admit males to girls' facilities or lose federal funding.

51 families
from JUST ONE school.
Transgender people have always used the facilities they have identified with, you just never knew that.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Well it depends, when it comes to schools, there should be a formal change of gender that should be approved first.
"Formal change of gender?" Requiring what, exactly? Currently, under Obama's edict, it's based on nothing more than a person's "say so."

Old 06-13-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Transgender people have always used the facilities they have identified with, you just never knew that.
Being a HS and collegiate athlete, and having used girls'/women's multiple occupancy changing/locker/shower rooms my entire life (and I'm well into my 50s), I can assure you that I've never seen anyone with male genitalia in any of the girls'/women's facilities.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:03 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Being a HS and collegiate athlete, and having used girls'/women's multiple occupancy changing/locker/shower rooms my entire life (and I'm well into my 50s), I can assure you that I've never seen anyone with male genitalia in any of the girls'/women's facilities.
And over a long life I have never seen someone with female genitalia In a Men's facility.

Millard Fillmore jumped in today...

I would doubt though this dude has standing as a student. And I expect he would be quickly busted for using a teen girl bathroom

Old 06-13-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And over a long life I have never seen someone with female genitalia In a Men's facility.
Males and females shouldn't be present in each other's multiple occupancy restroom/changing/locker/shower rooms.

Use the facilities that match your existing genitalia. Done.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:11 PM

The University of Toronto stupidly tried this. Male students were caught videoing female students in the showers. The University had to backtrack and rescind the policy.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
The University of Toronto stupidly tried this. Male students were caught videoing female students in the showers. The University had to backtrack and rescind the policy.
The back track...

“Given the serious nature of these incidents and the impact on directly affected students, we made the decision to specifically designate some washrooms in Whitney Hall for those who identify as men and those who identify as women,” Scott said.

The photographing of the people showering was clearly illegal. Whether they were male or female.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
"Formal change of gender?" Requiring what, exactly? Currently, under Obama's edict, it's based on nothing more than a person's "say so."
Well if it involves a school, the school board has to be aware of it, that is what "formal" means. Out in the world, a transgender person needed permission to use the facility they identified with. This is something you probably never even knew about.

Quote:
People who are actually transgender don't go around exposing themselves to others. I being a man all my life have never had the urge to expose myself to others in bathrooms or locker rooms. It isn't hard to not expose your genitalia to others. Maybe you should try to prevent exposing yourself to others, other people would probably appreciate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies