Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times

Advertisements

Ours Short-term goals for this thread is 50 pages,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 08:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Rules for men.

Here are the rules for men.

10 Rape Prevention Tips That Are Guaranteed To Work (IMAGE) | If You Only News

Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yes, someone who is out, drunk, and winds up beaten or killed by another drunk person is normally considered somewhat less of an innocent victim than a person who is attacked while sober and going about their normal business.

Classic epic fail a drunk that kills another drunk in a drunken brawl didn't have the intent (intent) is the key word .

Of actually killing that person in a drunken brawl .However a person that rapes another person has the (intent) of raping that person even if they are
fall down drunk.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:44 AM

596 posts, read 428,864 times
What a horrible thing for this poor young woman to have to go through. The sentence seems light, and the Father's letter was a stupid idea.

Questions:

How did she get to the dumpster?
Was she taken their against her will?
When did she pass out?
What is "foreign object" sexual assault?
Why were the rape charges dropped?
Did these two have any contact prior to this?
What was that previous contact like?

Old 06-08-2016, 09:00 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,653 times
[quote=miu;44338868]Turner has gotten booted out of Stanford, he's now a sex offender for life, his reputation ruined for life, and for someone of his background and upbringing, six months in jail will have much greater effect on him than throwing someone from an inner city into the slammer for six months. And again, it costs the taxpayers money to lock people up. California spends $62300 per inmate annually for jail time. Turner will be costing California taxpayers $31,150 for the six months he is locked up. Add to that the legal expenses for the trial.

Are we supposed to feel bad for this rapist? It's all part of accountability for breaking the law. He got off much easier than he should of in my opinion. An inner city kid would of gotten a much harsher sentence. His life is not ruined. Daddy will make sure of that. As far as the expense, I don't care. That is an argument for another time. Rapists go to jail, end of story.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:09 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
How did she get to the dumpster?
Was she taken their against her will?
When did she pass out?
What is "foreign object" sexual assault?
Why were the rape charges dropped?
Did these two have any contact prior to this?
What was that previous contact like?
All your answers and more can be found by reading the following links:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbake...19B#.ceED9pJpm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeor...0Pd#.iwxPN1m1Y

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/...gBP#.jd5Dabkbm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonwells/...n5p#.fq8yBpXpQ

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/...M8G#.gu1y16N6l

Old 06-08-2016, 09:12 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
its absolutely amazing how not raping women keep you out of trouble with the law for the crime of rape.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 951,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Here's a simple solution that is 100% effective to stopping rapes: don't commit rapes. How freakin' hard is that people? How freakin' hard?
While I wont deny that alcohol leads to questionable judgement, this simply is not true. In my own case, for example, neither I nor the young man in question had anything stronger than a soda to drink.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:22 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I see. No one who is blaming the victim can answer my question.

Ferd? Ferd, why did you run away?

It's so easy to make rules for women; it gets too tough to make rules for men, huh?

LOL
I ran away because I have a life and don't sit at my puter all day.

yea, there are a bunch of things that we quite teaching boys.

Like.

1. be a gentleman. you are responsible for the people around you.
2. you don't get to do everything that comes to your mind. There are rules to behavior.
3. Women aren't sex objects even though your brain says so.
4. boys and girls are different. you aren't a girl. The girl you are talking to isn't a boy.
5. you are not playing the same game the girls are playing.
6. morality isn't determined by society. society changes like the wind. find something that really matters and anchor yourself to that.

oh, im raising boys. There is a HUGE List of things that boys need to know....or better, MUST be responsible for to govern their actions.

And Fox Terrier, this thread is about a guy who raped a girl. I have not said one thing about this young ladies behavior. She is not to blame. HE IS.

the point ive been trying to make is that we need to look at what we have done to the culture and understand that we are seeing more of this because of what we have done to the culture.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:27 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

the point ive been trying to make is that we need to look at what we have done to the culture and understand that we are seeing more of this because of what we have done to the culture.
more of what?
girls getting drunk or rapes or both?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies