Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
You're reaching now because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Sorry, but according to Diamond Reynolds, Philando never told the police that he was licensed to carry.
I'm fairly sure you do not speak for her nor have you provided her words. I'm not sure why you feel you have to do this but luckily it doesn't fly where it counts.

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winlie88 View Post
The cop in question seemed truly deranged. While we don't have video of what transpired prior to the shooting, I feel we should take the girlfriend at her word. For the officer to so quickly reach for his weapon upon hearing the driver had a concealed weapon shows either paranoia or bad experiences in the past. For him to not only grab his weapon but also proceed to shoot the driver four times with his four year old daughter in the back seat indicates a level of fear or paranoia completely inappropriate for an officer of the law.
Not to mention how he held his weapon on a dying man. And the fact he yelled "f*ck" a couple of times.

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is one of the things that simply has to change. We can no longer allow people to investigate themselves.
I agree 100%..No way and No How should anybody in any entity being investigating themselves..Outside..investigations should have always been demanded!

When there's so many incidences of killing of unarmed kids or adult..NO WAY should be investigating anything when it's one of their own! It has always bugged the heck out of me!! When any Prosecutor relies on LE to provide Evidence..Yowzy..How the He$$'s B3$$'s should they somehow go after those they depend on in order to prosecute a case?? Impossible!!

It appears the only time they found fault in Police fault is when the officer was not a fav. thus expendable. However..far too many officer's may have the Goods or hefty backings ( donors or lobbyists) so find SOME WAY to get them cleared..

BTW~~ I Also wish that Grand Jury decisions be outlawed when a State Prosecutors are able to engineer the case..handcuffing a proper defense! ALL Officer's must be investigated by a completely different body..no Political influences..No Lobbying folks involved...RULE of Law ONLY!!

We will see..and Extreme Groups have already posted the WRONG Picture of another Castile..and claim he was a felon ( including pic in Orange Prison garb) then by extension NO WAY he had a CCP!!! Course it came from a Conservative website..BUT for those who feed on their bype..THEY will never believe that this man killed was done so because the COP was some sort of "Scardy" Cop who lacked ability to even do a normal traffic stop..Ohh wait..He told the occupants..Broken taillight..But told dispatch..SUSPECT in Armed Robbery..2 adults in car..Didn't see the kid in the back seat

Why 4 shots? looks like into chest ( deadly wounds BTW) still sitting in driver's seat??? The Shorting cop was NOT alone either..WHAT kind of supposed COP does that.. A Cop who should never have ever worn that Badge!!

I, for one would love to see this idiot's 4 year history as a COP..His call to Dispatch made him sound like a real "DULL (dimmed) " minded individual. Bet he was a real loner in the department..Flat affect noted..voice/intonations is very revealing for myself from my particular career..often explains ALOT!!

Old 07-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
With half the charges simply dismissed. Yes it does seem as if blacks are targeted here. Seems does not make it a fact but the facts are not looking good.
You have to wonder if there is something rotten in the entire police department -- like Ferguson.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Something is wrong with the timeline that's been reported. The video obviously shows it was daylight - in fact, there's a large portion where the phone is pointed toward the blue sky.
It says he was pulled over around 9:05 I believe. There is still light then. It's not the best light but light is amplified by video. It probably wasn't as light as it appears on the video.

That said, it's very hard to believe the officer was able to tell anything at all about the guy as he was driving by.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:25 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We see you are ignoring his past offenses........even possibly, connected to a robbery just before the shooting. By the way is it normal to drive around with a gun in ones lap? I can't see why the officer was nervous, not at all!
Castile is not connected to a robbery nor was he carrying his gun in his lap.

There is a recording of the officer reporting that he was going to stop the car because Castile resembled (to the officer) a recent robbery suspect because of a "wide set nose." That is not a "connection to a robbery."

And I know where you got the tripe of Castile having the gun in his lap, and as someone who spent a lifetime analyzing photography for the military, that's it's the most absurd interpretation of a dark blur in a grab shot from a fuzzy video I've seen in recent years.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:27 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
I'm fairly sure you do not speak for her nor have you provided her words. I'm not sure why you feel you have to do this but luckily it doesn't fly where it counts.
I have provided her words.

I've provided access to both videos.

Heck, I've even typed out her words from her live stream, which AGAIN was:

Quote:
"...he let the officer know that he was, he had a firearm and he was reaching for his wallet."
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time comprehending what's been spelled out for you several times.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Sorry, I have not seen them say that. Do you have the quote?
Since another correspondent has already implicated the "source," I'll link you to the refutation.

Philando Castile Was Not 'Wanted for Armed Robbery' : snopes.com

Old 07-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I have provided her words.

I've provided access to both videos.

Heck, I've even typed out her words from her live stream, which AGAIN was:

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time comprehending what's been spelled out for you several times.
I'm a little brighter than that. Others are also. Not all obviously.

The truth is, I know that not even you believe what you are trying to portray.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:38 PM

There is a series of tweets from a reporter that are thought-provoking:

https://twitter.com/bellwak/status/751527902584320001
https://twitter.com/bellwak/status/751528071614697472
https://twitter.com/bellwak/status/751528576231419904
https://twitter.com/bellwak/status/751528784084373504
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies