Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 09:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
So you all believe that the mentally ill, criminals and terrorists have the right to buy guns?
So, you believe the constitution says differently? Show me!

There is a good reason the mentally ill were kept from a free state and criminals were hung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 09:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Not my job to figure that out, all I know is my guns never shot anyone.
Easy to say when you or the loved wasn't gunned down by a mentally unstable person you cut off on the highway.

If you keep taking the easy way out, don't be surprised at the consequences.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

There is a good reason the mentally ill were kept from a free state and criminals were hung.
Lol you may to double check that. The Supreme Court, the arbiters of constitutionality have shown restrictions can be placed.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:09 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do they screen for mental health, criminal background.
No need. Where is the crime in making a sale? Is there a victim?
When the numerous armed members of govt, congress, the executive branch,the supremes etc. all submit to psych testing from independent docs, then you come talk to the public at large about mental health.

Obama And his congress have killed how many? Should they posses weapons?
How many soldiers have killed innocent non combatants? Do we ban them from ownership too?

Old 07-24-2016, 10:11 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Lol you may to double check that. The Supreme Court, the arbiters of constitutionality have shown restrictions can be placed.
Yeah the folks who make the rules get to interpret the legitimacy of the rules...convenient huh?

Don't stop believing lol

Old 07-24-2016, 10:11 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

I am simply asking you a question. Based on your response it seems that you do believe terrorists/criminals/crazies have a right to buy guns. Interesting view point. Not exactly what I believe most Americans want.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Easy to say when you or the loved wasn't gunned down by a mentally unstable person you cut off on the highway.

If you keep taking the easy way out, don't be surprised at the consequences.

Then it is time to bring back mental institutions, and not let them be a part of the free state, as they are now the excuse to take liberties and take the free state from the people.

If you don't want them to have all their natural rights, then kill them or keep them locked up away from a free society with liberty for all.

Last edited by BentBow; 07-24-2016 at 10:23 AM..

Old 07-24-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I am simply asking you a question. Based on your response it seems that you do believe terrorists/criminals/crazies have a right to buy guns. Interesting view point. Not exactly what I believe most Americans want.

And I asked a question based upon the lie told, by you.
So, you believe the constitution says differently? Show me! and you cannot.
The founding fathers were "criminals" and certainly thought of as terrorist to the king. Crazy... no denying that.

The constitution is not there so statutory laws of the collective, can take individual rights of the person.
That is done by amendment of the constitution and the 2nd Amendment is the only amendment that can never be infringed, by trying to amend it........ Isn't that slick of the founders, because they knew the government would try and vote away the ability to defend ourselves from government at governments persuasion and propaganda. The only amendment that says, shall not be infringed. Remember, words have meaning....

Amend it, shut up, or die trying!

Governments have feared an armed population since the Civil War started.

The Bill of Rights isn't what you, or I think it should say. It is what the text actually says.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:25 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
So we need to spend more money on enforcement then. Maybe put gun fees to help fund it?

Ok. Then change the system.

These problems have solutions.... If you don't like them then you need to come up with an alternative gun control. People notice those who blame but don't offer solutions and those people get overruled if they don't start producing. Another few mass attacks with an AR, you may quickly find you have a very small voice. I suggest to start coming up with meaningful gun laws before time runs out.

We have enough gun laws now.

The ones that do get passed state by state are largely unenforceable, look at the vast amount of non compliance in NY's SAFE Act.

There is a phenomenon that happens when any law or tax or whatever, becomes too overbearing.... people just refuse to comply with it.

For example, statistics show that most people don't cheat on their taxes until the percentage they pay goes above 25% (give or take)

Because most reasonable people realize and agree that 25% is what they should be paying for the amount of services they receive and how much money they need to keep to live and pay their bills etc.....25% is the "sweet spot".

The problem with the anti gun left is they want to go way beyond what's reasonable and they have no problem at all with misleading the public about guns features, capabilities, statistics etc if it helps them further their agenda.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do they screen for mental health, criminal background.
You have to understand some hill folks and other types of crazy rural folks live in a different world. The urban vs rural divide is only growing stronger so it's natural for folks to cling to their old ways. Unfortunately, too many folks clinging to their old ways is why this country is where it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies