Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 09:18 PM

477 posts, read 276,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe he was armed. Cops lie.
I'm sure the angelic Mr. Smith left his Glock at home that night, seeing as how he's seen on social media flaunting it left and right, not to mention that those who've seen the body cam video have stated that he clearly has a gun in his hand.

It's funny how much criticism those who support the 2nd Amendment get; they're called 'gun nuts' and 'paranoid survivalists,' but when it's a career criminal who actively uses a gun to commit multiple crimes, they're 'victims of police brutality.'

Good riddance to the hoodlum who wouldn't have thought twice about intimidating, hurting or killing any of the idiots protesting and taking up for him.

And another thing... anyone notice how QUICKLY this news fell off the national headlines? Could it have ANYTHING to do with the fact that they learned the cop who took out a criminal is black? Could it have had ANYTHING to do with it being a good shoot?

Old 08-20-2016, 04:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
I'm sure the angelic Mr. Smith left his Glock at home that night, seeing as how he's seen on social media flaunting it left and right, not to mention that those who've seen the body cam video have stated that he clearly has a gun in his hand.
Are you saying cops don't lie?

Dashcam video of the fatal 2014 shooting contradicted nearly everything police said happened the night McDonald died.

Laquan McDonald death: 7 Chicago cops recommended for firing - CNN.com

Do people (you) not understand that these protests are not about any one issue? Any one issue is just the reason to remind people about the issue overall and how we still have these problems.

He most likely did have a gun but until police officers are routinely held accountable for lying the protests will continue.

Quote:
It's funny how much criticism those who support the 2nd Amendment get; they're called 'gun nuts' and 'paranoid survivalists,' but when it's a career criminal who actively uses a gun to commit multiple crimes, they're 'victims of police brutality.'
I completely support your 2nd amendment right. You may need it to defend yourself from the cops one day.

Man Who Shot at Cops During No-Knock Raid Acquitted on All Charges

Read more at Man Who Shot at Cops During No-Knock Raid Acquitted on All Charges

It's understandable why people would take these kinds of precautions.

Sleeping 7-year-old girl shot in head during no-knock police raid on wrong home

“That’s what I figured all of them was there to do — to murder. They came to kill, and they killed a 7-year-old,” Mertilla Jones testified. Breaking down sobbing, she described the raid, saying “their arm was pointed at Aiyana’s head. They pulled the trigger. Blood started coming out of her mouth. She was dead.”

Who was held responsible for this? No one. Absolutely no one.

Quote:
Good riddance to the hoodlum who wouldn't have thought twice about intimidating, hurting or killing any of the idiots protesting and taking up for him.
Good riddance to a 7 year old "hood rat" killed by a lying inept police officer also?

Quote:
And another thing... anyone notice how QUICKLY this news fell off the national headlines? Could it have ANYTHING to do with the fact that they learned the cop who took out a criminal is black? Could it have had ANYTHING to do with it being a good shoot?
It very well could but this is not about the media.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:47 AM

Making a difference.......I will comment first. The police officer would be within his rights to complain to corporate office. It would have been justified if the employee's had been fired. What is not justifiable is.......

In reply to a commenter who said she would be enraged and was surprised he did not reach through the window, Deputy Hillabrand wrote, “Couldn’t reach em, in the pre-camera days you know what would a happened!”

Deputy Fired For Facebook Comments About Black Lives Matter – Law Officer

What would have happened? He would have assaulted them? Does he get fired before BLM? No.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:38 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:

Dashcam video of the fatal 2014 shooting contradicted nearly everything police said happened the night McDonald died.

Do people (you) not understand that these protests are not about any one issue? Any one issue is just the reason to remind people about the issue overall and how we still have these problems.

He most likely did have a gun but until police officers are routinely held accountable for lying the protests will continue.

I completely support your 2nd amendment right. You may need it to defend yourself from the cops one day.

“That’s what I figured all of them was there to do — to murder. They came to kill, and they killed a 7-year-old,” Mertilla Jones testified. Breaking down sobbing, she described the raid, saying “their arm was pointed at Aiyana’s head. They pulled the trigger. Blood started coming out of her mouth. She was dead.”

Good riddance to a 7 year old "hood rat" killed by a lying inept police officer also?

Valid points..

Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You are trying to use a false analogy for the purpose of misleading people. Why would the statements of a few angry BLM protesters indicate a racial war? Think about this for a second. If a private citizen attacks someone because of the color of their skin that would be considered a hate crime and prosecuted accordingly. Only a fool would consider something like that as the opening salvo of a race war. Crimes have been committed, including hate crimes, for many years and a race war hasn't broken out yet. That's because most people don't live on the fringes of society where they believe the nonsense you're posting...
You state it's only "a few". How exactly do you KNOW this? Were you there? Did you bother to listen to the statements from some reporters, and one specifically who was leaving because he was in fear for his life?
You may speak (write) well but when what you say is dissected it's actually factually incorrect and biased.
I've not ever said a race war HAS broken out, I have said things are heating up and I do believe some are agitating for one.

Here's where you fail, justifying the bad actions of people by pointing at bad actions of others. Two wrongs don't make a right, (but three lefts do...).

Old 08-20-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:

So is it your contention as it seems to be from the mass of your posts here that the riots in MILWAUKEE (not anywhere else) are because cops are bad elsewhere and that those in MILWAUKEE were set off by what seems to be a good shoot by a cop in MILWAUKEE which THEY deemed to be a "murder" from the git-go.

If that's the case then it would seem to me that it just buttresses the argument that some are just looking for any little reason to justify rioting/looting/hunting white people in the hopes of lighting a bigger fuse and useful idiots are following along

Old 08-20-2016, 09:22 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You state it's only "a few". How exactly do you KNOW this? Were you there? Did you bother to listen to the statements from some reporters, and one specifically who was leaving because he was in fear for his life?
You may speak (write) well but when what you say is dissected it's actually factually incorrect and biased.
I've not ever said a race war HAS broken out, I have said things are heating up and I do believe some are agitating for one.

Here's where you fail, justifying the bad actions of people by pointing at bad actions of others. Two wrongs don't make a right, (but three lefts do...).
Maybe I read into your response inaccurately. In your reply to me you bolded my statement, “As for a race war, there's no such thing going on”, so it appears that you’re speaking to this one aspect of my post. In your rebuttal you mention, “Oh really? Then please explain statements made in Milwaukee and other riots about finding and assaulting whites?”. This indicated to me that you somehow believe that statements made in Milwaukee, a place most black folks have never even been to, is somehow indicative of a coming race war. Will you clarify what you meant by this assertion?

On to your point, because a BLM protest in Milwaukee is only a drop in the bucket in the overall opinions of African Americans, it could be considered a “few” or minority opinion. Are you following me? I believe we would all know if a race war is “heating up”.. It would be something no one could ignore and there would be bodies in the streets from both sides… The belief in a coming race war is a fringe opinion I like said earlier...

Old 08-20-2016, 09:24 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee
I am Jewish. My people were killed and oppressed more recently than yours.
Im so sorry buddy

Old 08-20-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So is it your contention as it seems to be from the mass of your posts here that the riots in MILWAUKEE (not anywhere else) are because cops are bad elsewhere and that those in MILWAUKEE were set off by what seems to be a good shoot by a cop in MILWAUKEE which THEY deemed to be a "murder" from the git-go.
I've said nothing of the sort. I've always argued the big picture.

Quote:
If that's the case then it would seem to me that it just buttresses the argument that some are just looking for any little reason to justify rioting/looting/hunting white people in the hopes of lighting a bigger fuse and useful idiots are following along
You put words in my mouth to buttress your argument. Why not actually address my points in the post you quoted?

Old 08-20-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I've said nothing of the sort. I've always argued the big picture.

You put words in my mouth to buttress your argument. Why not actually address my points in the post you quoted?
Because THIS thread is about Milwaukee not "the big picture" as you call it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies