Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 03:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, I just wanna know.... How many of you do your "civic duty" and voluntarily give the IRS more money than required when paying your taxes, you know, for the troops.....?

Of all the fake, drummed up controversies, this HAS to be the most ridiculous I've ever heard. Is there anyone out there who doesn't do everything they can to pay as little taxes as legally possible? Is there anyone out there who doesn't look for every deduction or take advantage of every loophole available? Don't blame Trump for legally not paying any federal taxes ( if in fact that is the case )... blame the laws and the tax code that permitted him to do it, or better yet, blame the politicians who wrote it to begin with. It goes back to the old adage, don't hate the player, hate the game.

This is just more of Democrats doing what they do best; Creating a culture of victimhood ( i.e. why am I paying taxes and someone like him isn't ), railing against the rich and promoting class warfare, and purposefully sewing the seeds of division. It's pretty sad...

So if it was legal, what is wrong with what Trump did? Can someone please explain that to me?
We don't actually know the extent to which he didn't pay taxes with the limited info we have. He refuses to release his records. But we do know that he's a crook who doesn't like to pay people who have actually worked for him. I can't imagine he wouldn't do everything in his power to avoid paying taxes he rightfully owes. Think about the bigger picture. If you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies