Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
So you think we shouldn't have background checks so anyone can get a gun, criminals and metal patients included?
Please don't respond to a question with a question. Please see if you could please answer my question first, and then I'll answer yours.

Tell me why you want those criminals and mentally ills, who can't pass background check, walking among us so that they can rape and murder us as long as they don't use guns?

Old 11-07-2016, 09:49 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Or, you can be smart with your firearms, teach early gun safety and a serious respect for the harm a firearm can produce as well as take extra precautions.

Accidents can happen, but if you look at the majority of the very small number of these incidents, they were preventable by proper training and safety.

Or... you can have an irrational fear of firearms and continue the ignorance by fear mongering.

It works though, just look around. The weak buy into it.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
The good thing about not having a gun is your child will never shoot another kid in your home with a gun. Your child won't shoot your wife from the backseat while she is driving. Your father won't shoot your brother who sneaks home late at night.
Let me tell you what you need and how you should live your life!

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
I feel like you do.

I don't own a gun. If I did, I'd probably be the victim of mishandling it. I'm 67, never once needed a gun.

258 posts, read 234,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
Yes, I do.

1. For hunting.

2. For protection. "When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away..."

Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
It works though, just look around. The weak buy into it.
Having a gun doesn't make you a strong person.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
The good thing about not having a gun is your child will never shoot another kid in your home with a gun. Your child won't shoot your wife from the backseat while she is driving. Your father won't shoot your brother who sneaks home late at night.
The down side is, your kid could end up in the home of a friend where there are firearms, and because your kid was never taught gun safty just might end up either shooting or being shot.

Its never too early to teach respect for a valuable tool .

Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
...and have insurance for the court cases that will be filed against you by the criminal DOJ and other activist agencies in both criminal and civil courts.

If you own a gun, you really need to have gun owners insurance. Defending your life, even if you are a 100% right will still run around 50k in costs.

That is how evil and corrupt our system is and how they attack 2nd amendment liberties from the back end.
Depending on your state and local laws, and the circumstances of you having to defend yourself, it can get a bit less than cut and dry. One case I am all to familiar with where a lady defended herself against a would be rapist. It seemed open and shut. The creep deserved every inch of what he got, and was convicted and sent to prison. In a wheelchair with a bag on it.

Still, he pled not guilty, and the defense pulled some nasty stunts. Didn't work in the end, but still caused some serious grief and pain. "Justice" under our system can often be elusive.

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Please don't respond to a question with a question. Please see if you could please answer my question first, and then I'll answer yours.

Tell me why you want those criminals and mentally ills, who can't pass background check, walking among us so that they can rape and murder us as long as they don't use guns?
Lol, oh man, you are so desperate that your spin simply falls flat. It's illegal to rape & murder, remember? Whether a gun is used or not. Wow.

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Or, you can be smart with your firearms, teach early gun safety and a serious respect for the harm a firearm can produce as well as take extra precautions.

Accidents can happen, but if you look at the majority of the very small number of these incidents, they were preventable by proper training and safety.

Or... you can have an irrational fear of firearms and continue the ignorance by fear mongering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF6-UcaMSPU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies