Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 12:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I voted for Bill Clinton twice and Obama twice and no one removed guns.
This is very disingenuous! Certainly not for lack of trying.

Well, I need to add to my list:

6. You don't know the history - Bill and your Democrat party installed the Assault Weapon Ban, which when it came the time to renew, the Republican congress said no to the Democrat party.
7. You don't know how the government functions. Obama and your Democrat party tried many times but the Republican majority congress told them to get lost.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 11-07-2016 at 12:17 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 12:05 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,599,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Depression and many mental diseases run in families.
Yes it does. Unfortunately there are no background checks for insanity.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
In TX I think you get a prize for that.

Depends on where he lives in TX. In the libertard crap hole called Austin or DFW area, he would be charged regardless. In other parts of the state, he would be fine.

A few years back, a Concealed Handgun License holder shot a truck diver who came to his car door and beat him near unconscious. He fired the shot just before he passed out. Unfortunately, this happened in the DFW area and the DA wanted to charge him. After a public outcry, the DA dropped the case.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:16 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
I don't own a gun. My family has always been big on guns, supposedly for "safety". Seven of them have gotten shot so far, five suicides, two accidents, one of those a three year old. Only one survived (put his eye out.) So much for safety.
Do you equate homicide and suicide?

And by any chance, did the one who put his eye out use a a Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock?

Old 11-07-2016, 12:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
When you call on 911, the time for relief can be counted from 10 to 30 minutes.

When you call on 9MM, the time for relief can be counted in feet per second.

That's all one needs to know.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:20 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
You taking a list???? Call the NRA...QUICK!!!!

Old 11-07-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I voted for Bill Clinton twice and Obama twice and no one removed guns.

That's because they couldn't get away with it yet. If you can't stop something immediately, you put obstacles in the way, and stop it a little at a time. Then you stop it completely when you have forced gun owners into a corner. Anyone with intelligence would already know that.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:25 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Depends on where he lives in TX. In the libertard crap hole called Austin or DFW area, he would be charged regardless. In other parts of the state, he would be fine.

A few years back, a Concealed Handgun License holder shot a truck diver who came to his car door and beat him near unconscious. He fired the shot just before he passed out. Unfortunately, this happened in the DFW area and the DA wanted to charge him. After a public outcry, the DA dropped the case.
You're diluting an otherwise strong message with a bit much of rhetoric here. The Castle Doctrine is alive and well in my libertard crap hole city of Austin.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:26 PM

I got rid of my guns. I bought a baseball bat. Nothing to see here, Move along.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Wanted to ask something-- maybe it's regarding something I've been naïve about all these years...

Who here owns a gun and who doesn't?
I'm sitting in my church small group and a general conversation starts up regarding someone going to the gun range. I thought no big deal. Next thing I find out of the five couples in the group my family is the only one without a gun. Hell I've never even fired a gun.

The guys in the group asked my wife if she was good with this? LOL. They said they own it for protection for their family. If I owned a gun probably one of two things would happen: 1) I'd shoot myself by accident 2) someone that shouldn't will get possession of it...lol

I guess its how I was raised. My dad never was into guns and neither was I. I guess I was just surprised about the reason people own guns-- I get hunting. But protection? I thought 911 was for that.

So does everyone here own a gun? Why/ why not? ....
Seminole Tom, no doubt this thread will get heated with debate I see it already has with "lifeisgood" member taking the anti side.

Why underestimate yourself by saying you would shoot yourself or have it stolen? Freedom is self empowerment. Owning a gun is a form of self empowerment, because 911 and cops won't always be the ere to protect you. You just have to be reponsible with it.

Go to a range and rent a gun with a instructor. You may find it fun and informative. Or don't it is your right to NOT own a gun also. Just support the rights for others even if you personally don't want to partake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies