Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 01:14 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
More nonsense spouting. The Columbine shooters didn't even use "military style" weapons. Handguns are BY FAR the more widely used in shootings. They had two shotguns, a carbine rifle, and a handgun.
I never said they did. I don't want kids getting their hands on semi automatic guns and killing innocent kids at school.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:17 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I never said they did. I don't want kids getting their hands on semi automatic guns and killing innocent kids at school.
Yes, you did. You specifically linked Columbine and "military style" weapons. Now you're saying semi-auto, which basically means you don't think anyone should have anything other than a bolt action. And you wonder why we push back so hard against gun control.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:18 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
I want responsible type gun ownership and no military style weapons in the hands of civilians so we never have a Columbine style massacre again.
I'm not disrespecting you but do you have any understanding about firearms in general or firearms development, history, technology etc. Anything?? I want to understand your position and need a base line to start from?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:18 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
I want responsible type gun ownership and no military style weapons in the hands of civilians so we never have a Columbine style massacre again.

Sure seems like what you implied.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:

So , bolt action, lever and single shot are the only things you want legal ?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
I'm not disrespecting you but do you have any understanding about firearms in general or firearms development, history, technology etc. Anything?? I want to understand your position and need a base line to start from?
No I an not a weapons connoisseur. but I do know that when the constitution was written we didn't have semiautomatic weapons. What people here are doing is convincing me that perhaps it is good to do away with the 2nd amendment.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think the 2nd amendment says a well regulated militia so who is your commander and where do you train? When the snipers are shooting at our soldiers they can expect a drone to drop a bomb down their chimney. Walmart Militia vs. the U.S. military? Where can I place my bet?
Would this be the same US military that is still trying to subdue a handful of ignorant goat humpers in a 3rd world craphole after 15 years?

Old 11-07-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So , bolt action, lever and single shot are the only things you want legal ?
and muskets. But yes, I am in favor of people being allowed to own a gun or two for hunting and protection.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
All about the "style", eh? Can't commit a proper massacre unless the weapons are the right color, right?
Indeed. And I'm sooooo sick of the nuclear warheads and other such bilge. For the LAST time, it is PERSONAL , arms we are talking about. That means shoulder or hand fired, man portable FIREARMS. Automatic weapons of the crew served variety and towable artillery are and have been heavily restricted forever now. As are full auto capable personal arns. Nuclear weapons. Spare me.

But hey, there's no law against st owning your own submarine, aircraft carrier, frigate, cruiser, fighter aircraft, what have you. You just can't get the same goodies with it the military can. Yea, like nuclear weapons. At any rate, the 2A was meant to cover personal ar.s. Rifles, handguns, shotguns and that now inclues semi auto, service style weapons. By default. Anti and phobics can pound sand.

It's none of anybody business but our own what we need or don't need, or want. The 2A is a RIGHT. It's not negotiable. We've already given up enough.

Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,814,292 times
Wasn't raised around guns, but bought one soon as I was on my own after college. Have been a gun owner and strong 2A supporter ever since. I can't imagine not owning a firearm. Like many have said, police are not there to "protect" you. They are there to respond during or after a crime occurs, meaning God forbid someone with ill intent comes into your house at night, you will be on your own those first several minutes or as long as it takes for you to call for help and for the police to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies