Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 06:09 PM

251 posts, read 169,024 times

Advertisements

Obamacare
will be gone, one swipe of the pen,

The hard part is done,

Trump Won
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
Obamacare
will be gone, one swipe of the pen,

The hard part is done,

Trump Won
Wrong, that was the easy part, he needs 60 votes in the senate and won't have them

Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,911,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You do realize that the phrase "live in infamy" was first used to describe the bombing of Pearl Harbor, correct?

Ah, well, you are welcome to describe your candidate's victory in any terms you like, I suppose...
I well know when it was first used, both occasions are major events in history.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:49 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
So will one of you geniuses explain how Trump plans to keep protections for preexisting conditions and also repeal the individual mandate.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I well know when it was first used, both occasions are major events in history.
True. However, infamy is generally not regarded as a good thing. From Google:

in·fa·my
ˈinfəmē/
noun
the state of being well known for some bad quality or deed.
"a day that will live in infamy"
synonyms: notoriety, disrepute, ill fame, disgrace, discredit, shame, dishonor, ignominy, scandal, censure, blame, disapprobation, condemnation More
an evil or wicked act.
"one of history's greatest infamies"

But like I said...any way you wish to describe it.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:10 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
double post

Old 11-20-2016, 04:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
So will one of you geniuses explain how Trump plans to keep protections for preexisting conditions and also repeal the individual mandate.
The geniuses here told you what was going to occur years ago. You say this as if the mandate is actually doing something. It's not working which is why Obamacare is failing.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:35 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Why repealing Obamacare is going to be a long, chaotic mess.

The GOP has spent 6 years screeching at the top of its lungs that Obamacare needs to be repealed and replaced. The problem is, they never had much of a plan for the replace. So now it is something that they absolutely must do because they said so many times that they would do it -- but it's not going to be an easy thing to do.

The problem is that this is not food stamps or medicaid -- people who voted Republican and people who voted Trump are benefiting from Obamacare. If the GOP strips them of their benefits summarily, they will be pissed. Some insurers have struggled to make money under Obamacare, but other insurance companies have thrived under the law and are making record profits.

Obamacare is a mess -- there are too many regulations for employers and it always risked a death spiral of too many sick people signing up and too many insurers dropping out and too many people simply electing to pay a penalty. But the law also had benefits for many people, and they won't realize those benefits until they are ripped away.

The GOP would probably love to repeal the law on day 1 and delay the effect for a year or two while they dream up the replacement. But that would also be a mess because then insurers would drop out pre-emptively and leave a gap before the replacement.

It's going to be a mess and one I am glad I can sit on the sidelines and watch since I voted for Clinton (and I have employer coverage anyway so it doesn't affect me.)
I am not going to take seriously anything anybody who voted for Clinton says. More news on Hillary and her despicable nature:

The Haitian Blogger: Hillary Clinton's Scandalous Conduct in Haiti: Charity Begins At Home

So her brother is a paid executive on a mining company, in a country both she and Bill LOOTED and left people vulnerable to die in a major hurricane, and she opposed energy independence here.

What a loser on so many fronts, and I wonder how anybody could have supported her unless they had their heads buried in the sand.

There is a new sheriff in town, and things WILL get fixed-including those despicable 1600 pages of bribery nobody read until they voted for them-and the mandate will be gone. NO MORE FORCED PURCHASES OF PRODUCTS PEOPLE DON'T WANT FROM THE NANNY STATE.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
possibly another suicide in the Clinton related death count:

https://steemit.com/news/@allyouneed...e-get-to-close

Somebody may eventually be going to jail because there is just too much information available on the internet to silence it all anymore.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:03 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,847,256 times
It may not be easy but something needs done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies