Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 02:35 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
His supporters OUGHT to want him to delete his Twitter. He sounds like a crazy person.
Why would people who think this is real news and the other media is fake dislike craziness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBPVkpmoeg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 02:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
Apologies for missing your first post asking me this, I didn't review the post history carefully.

For starters, his cabinet nominations (which get scarier by the day) and potential conflicts of interests. And up until this point, he effectively used these tactics to avoid ever articulating coherent policy positions or engaging in any sort of substantive debate.

What have past candidates done that makes you think he isn't different/unique in this regard? Because, in his case, we have tons of examples. He tells so many lies that it's impossible to keep track, I don't see any reason why this trend won't continue when he is, in fact, in office.
He's not trying to distract from his nominations, he thinks people should be impressed by them. I'm not, but my dislike of Trump is pretty well known.

He may be doing it to distract from some of his conflicts of interest, but I'd contend that he tends to double down on anything controversial instead of hide it.

Now, as far as other politicians go, Bill Clinton dropped bombs on another country in an attempt to distract from his affair. You don't get much worse than that, do you?

Old 11-29-2016, 02:48 PM

451 posts, read 236,214 times
Ok......but let me ask you this.

If the protesters want to burn the American flag......

Is it ok if I go ahead and burn the protesters?

Sounds fair to me!

Old 11-29-2016, 02:51 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Just because he tweets it doesn't mean it will happen. However.... I do often think those who think this is such a awful country should go live in another one for a year. I lived in Germany for a spell, it was amazing some of the rules they had that curtailed freedoms that we just for granted over here.
I think if lefty loons want to burn flags they should have to do it at a Vietnam Veterans gathering first before they can do it anywhere else. That is if they are still breathing.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Ok......but let me ask you this.

If the protesters want to burn the American flag......

Is it ok if I go ahead and burn the protesters?

Sounds fair to me!
You articulate the essence of the Trump message, perfectly.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:52 PM

716 posts, read 393,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Im down. Lock up the communist leftists burning the flag in our streets. If you don't like America? Get the hell out. Go to China or Cuba...

Trump Says Flag Burners Should Lose Citizenship or Spend a Year in Jail - ABC News
The loonly right has finally put a un-American nutjob in the White House and now they want to make free speech unlawful unless it's politically correct?!?!

Jeez, you seem to be the one who would feel more at home in China or Cuba or some other fascist state where free speech isn't tolerated. Friggen un-American Trump voters....

Old 11-29-2016, 02:53 PM

25,850 posts, read 16,537,070 times
I think Trump is sending a very CLEAR MESSAGE. You disrespect this country and partake in anti-american activities, we cannot guarantee your safety. Sounds really good to me.

Times are a changing'....in a much different way than the overrated Bob Zimmerman from the Iron Range sang about.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He's not trying to distract from his nominations, he thinks people should be impressed by them. I'm not, but my dislike of Trump is pretty well known.

He may be doing it to distract from some of his conflicts of interest, but I'd contend that he tends to double down on anything controversial instead of hide it.

Now, as far as other politicians go, Bill Clinton dropped bombs on another country in an attempt to distract from his affair. You don't get much worse than that, do you?
It'll take some doing, but I say "give Trump a chance". He's not even in office yet.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I think Trump is sending a very CLEAR MESSAGE. You disrespect this country and partake in anti-american activities, we cannot guarantee your safety. Sounds really good to me.

Times are a changing'....in a much different way than the overrated Bob Zimmerman from the Iron Range sang about.
So, now you guy's are in, you just throw the constitution out the window, eh?

Old 11-29-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Is this "clear message" a thinly-veiled directive to police to stand down and allow protesters to be killed by "patriots", in your view? Or is it a subtle hint that's it's for them to join in the repression?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies