Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 03:13 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Some of the witnesses have said that McKnight was several feet from the shooter's car and saying, "I am sorry". But who knows what the official report will say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 03:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Some of the witnesses have said that McKnight was several feet from the shooter's car and saying, "I am sorry". But who knows what the official report will say.
Which is why we need to wait until more is known.

It seems odd that someone would get out of their car to go apologize, but it may have happened here.

The fact that the shooter has at least ended up stopped with another person over rage issues twice may indicate he was a bit unhinged as well.

Like I said, I hope that by some chance video surveillance footage is out there somewhere for this.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:18 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
No one knows crap right now. People just arguing based on their blind biases.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I think there's more to it then this. One does not get out of the car and approach another driver to say sorry.

I can wave my hand in my car to do that. I think there is some miscommunication, inaccurate witness claims, or simply we're not told the truth.

What idiot would get out of car to apologize unless the person was also in road rage. Who knows.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No one knows crap right now. People just arguing based on their blind biases.
That's right, at one job many years ago. A black employee outright claimed he was being discriminated by co-workers. I witnessed the whole ordeal and it was nothing even close to racism yet another black employee blindly sided with him. After the investigation at work was complete, there was no racism and warnings were sent to people about sensitivity.

Since that day, I have very little respect for people who outright claims they were being discriminated against and people who blindly side with them without verification.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
One witness stated that McKnight had a box of donuts in his hands he was offering as a gift in order to be forgiven. Sadly, the cops ate the evidence.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I think there's more to it then this. One does not get out of the car and approach another driver to say sorry.

I can wave my hand in my car to do that. I think there is some miscommunication, inaccurate witness claims, or simply we're not told the truth.

What idiot would get out of car to apologize unless the person was also in road rage. Who knows.
He could have been calling him a dirty so and so but that doesn't give you an excuse to shoot him.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:06 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
usually that's how it goes when it comes to blacks getting killed by no-blacks...

"Let's just wait for the facts"

The "facts" where there with Michael Slater and that's didn't help either.

That's just life, Joe was unarmed but I don't know if he beat on the guys window, if so that's stupid but no reason to shoot someone who isn't pointing a gun at you.
projecting.

The fact is the shooter had another incident where he assaulted someone establishing a history of this type of thing.

"Ten years ago a man in a red pickup truck attacked John Shilling in a road rage incident in New Orleans.
Ten years on, after that same man shot dead a former NFL player following a near identical road rage attack at the same location, Shilling said he felt lucky to be alive.
Speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, Shilling said that during the chilling encounter in 2006 Ronald Gasser spat at him and tried to beat him up at a gas station after chasing him along a bridge.
Shilling said that he was disgusted as he didn’t know if Gasser had AIDS or any other diseases.
Gasser got out of his truck and swore repeatedly at Shilling who managed to fend him off and called 911.
Speaking from his home in Marrero, Louisiana, Shilling, 61, a former policeman, said: ‘Who knows if he had a gun in the truck then?’"

Old 12-05-2016, 04:15 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Anyone figure that maybe the apology came after the killer PRODUCED A GUN?

I must be some kind of genius to have produced this logical posibility..either that or some of you are really lacking.

So the victim pounds on the window figuring he's going to tell this guy off, and maybe beat him up if he steps out of the car...now he sees the guy has a gun and apologizes, and the guy shoots him anyway because he's an unhinged nut. Sounds like a possibility considering the suspects behavior in the past.

Of course this is all speculation like everything else here, but it just seems to make a bit more SENSE.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:22 PM

135 posts, read 93,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In this era of fast but crappy news reporting, waiting for facts is the only intelligent approach to take.

Anytime someone tries to rush you to agree with them and not get all the information and then results to disgusting name calling and cries of racist you know they're up to no good or have a screw loose.

Sooo, just like the thread in the current events forum where lots of rabid racists were calling everyone else racist for wanting to get more facts you can all just go pound.
Two NFL players fatally shot (Joe McKnight death recently) in the New Orleans area. Black shooter arrested while the White shooter released with no charges.

Trial Starts for Suspect in Ex-NFL Star Will Smith's Murder While Alleged Shooter of Ex-Player Joe McKnight is Free - ABC News

Gotta love our system. Obviously designed for white people. If you go back and look at our constitutional rights it seems like black people was never receive same rights period so jailing or killing a black male if your white is looked as a badge of honor at least that's how it looks with the lack of justice maybe my theory is wrong but I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies