Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Another road rage incident that led to a needless death. The shooter has a prior history of 'incidents' with road rage.

‘This is murder’: McKnight

Quote:
A road rage incident that might have ben sparked by a driver cutting off another on a nearby bridge turned into a shooting that left a CFL player dead, authorities said, amid criticism the shooter was allowed to go free.
Joe McKnight's Shooting Has NOTHING To Do With Stand Your Ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 08:36 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
What I heard on the radio is that McKnight was beating on the window of the shooter's car while threatening bodily harm. If this is the case and has been substantiated through evidence, I can see why they released him.

However, it appears that the shooter himself may have been justifiably shot a few years back when he was physically assaulting another driver.

My advise, don't start threatening another person while you are pissed off.

Hopefully, there is some surveillance footage somewhere showing the incident.

Right now, we don't know the facts. It's mostly speculation.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Just because someone is initially released does not mean they will not be charged but this is murder and people have the right to be upset if in the end those charges are not filed.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just because someone is initially released does not mean they will not be charged but this is murder and people have the right to be upset if in the end those charges are not filed.
You have no idea if this is murder. It could be self defense. We don't have all the facts in.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have no idea if this is murder. It could be self defense. We don't have all the facts in.
The shooter was inside his car. He was under no threat of being killed.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
usually that's how it goes when it comes to blacks getting killed by no-blacks...

"Let's just wait for the facts"
No it's not. That's just you falsely playing the race card. Nothing to do with race, everything to do with getting the facts in order to make an informed decision. Fools rush in.

Quote:
The "facts" where there with Michael Slater and that's didn't help either.
You don't know the facts yet.

Quote:
That's just life, Joe was unarmed but I don't know if he beat on the guys window, if so that's stupid but no reason to shoot someone who isn't pointing a gun at you.
Agreed just beating on a window isn't reason to shoot. Why comment when you don't know.

Did you get the theme of my post?

Old 12-05-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
The shooter sitting in his car has no bearing except that he doesn't have a way out. You don't know if there was or wasn't a threat. It hasn't been confirmed if the window was up or down or if McKnight was even beating on it.
I don't understand why much hasn't been released as well as why the shooter was released.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The shooter sitting in his car has no bearing except that he doesn't have a way out. You don't know if there was or wasn't a threat. It hasn't been confirmed if the window was up or down or if McKnight was even beating on it.
I don't understand why much hasn't been released as well as why the shooter was released.
Every time I drive on the roads there is a threat.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:28 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
usually that's how it goes when it comes to blacks getting killed by no-blacks...

That's just life, Joe was unarmed but I don't know if he beat on the guys window, if so that's stupid but no reason to shoot someone who isn't pointing a gun at you.
In this era of fast but crappy news reporting, waiting for facts is the only intelligent approach to take.

Anytime someone tries to rush you to agree with them and not get all the information and then results to disgusting name calling and cries of racist you know they're up to no good or have a screw loose.

Sooo, just like the thread in the current events forum where lots of rabid racists were calling everyone else racist for wanting to get more facts you can all just go pound.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:

If I'm trapped and there is a dude beating on my window to get to me while saying he's going to beat me within an inch of my life, he is going to be shot until I no longer feel threatened.

Anybody violently beating on your window is a serious threat to your safety. You might just get a busted lip. You might get a broken jaw. You might get brain damage. You might be killed. Those nights are greatly reduced after the introduction of lead.

Quote:
Sure he was. Do you need a news story of a person drug from their car and killed?

Quote:
Every time I drive on the roads there is a threat.
Now, that there is funny.

Quote:
I know I see a guy kill a guy Unarmed with a gun so this guy was scared of a unarmed guy and decided to kill him, I don't know if a black guy can shoot a white for screaming at him.

The "Race Card" as you call it is just in the head of me, for goodness sakes, I have no idea why.

No, I don't get the theme of your post, it lacks logic.
You seem to never stop thinking about race. What does it even matter here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies