Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:22 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Anyone figure that maybe the apology came after the killer PRODUCED A GUN?

I must be some kind of genius to have produced this logical posibility..either that or some of you are really lacking.

So the victim pounds on the window figuring he's going to tell this guy off, and maybe beat him up if he steps out of the car...now he sees the guy has a gun and apologizes, and the guy shoots him anyway because he's an unhinged nut. Sounds like a possibility considering the suspects behavior in the past.

Of course this is all speculation like everything else here, but it just seems to make a bit more SENSE.
it's funny that people keep coming up with these fantasies of an angry black man, while the shooter in this case has a history of road rage incidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 05:11 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,904,854 times
I must say, the cops could have done a better job explaining why he was released. If it was self-defense, they should say so.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:02 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Two NFL players fatally shot (Joe McKnight death recently) in the New Orleans area. Black shooter arrested while the White shooter released with no charges.

Trial Starts for Suspect in Ex-NFL Star Will Smith's Murder While Alleged Shooter of Ex-Player Joe McKnight is Free - ABC News

Gotta love our system. Obviously designed for white people. If you go back and look at our constitutional rights it seems like black people was never receive same rights period so jailing or killing a black male if your white is looked as a badge of honor at least that's how it looks with the lack of justice maybe my theory is wrong but I doubt it.
The events are fairly dissimilar to try to ignore all of the aspects of the two shootings and focus solely on the races involved is patently odd.

For starters, Will Smith was still in his car and was shot NINE times after being rammed by the other driver.

Secondly, the shooter in the mcKnight case is ex-police so it's likely if he's getting a break here that it's because of the color blue as much as anything.

If you stay in your car and wind up getting shot in a road-rage incident the other guy is pretty screwed unless you're doing something like shooting at him out your car window.

Do I have to remind you about the white guy that shot up the car of black kids at a gas station? He went to jail....just seems like you're cherry picking events to support your view.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I must say, the cops could have done a better job explaining why he was released. If it was self-defense, they should say so.
They might be waiting to see if the DA wants to press charges and so CAN'T come out and say it was self-defense because that would wreck the case.

New Orleans is a corrupt cess pool, there is no debating that....so I want to hear more details and hopefully some video turns up because I'm not going to trust them blindly.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:37 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,308 times
Sounds pretty straight forward, a man shot and killed another man--who was unarmed--when all he needed to do to get out of the situation was end the argument, drive on to the nearest police station and report him.

Second degree murder.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:40 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They might be waiting to see if the DA wants to press charges and so CAN'T come out and say it was self-defense because that would wreck the case.

New Orleans is a corrupt cess pool, there is no debating that....so I want to hear more details and hopefully some video turns up because I'm not going to trust them blindly.
Mebbie so, but this was in Jefferson Parish, not New Orleans.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 5,684,706 times
He's not off the hook yet; investigation is still ongoing and he could still be charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Sounds pretty straight forward, a man shot and killed another man--who was unarmed--when all he needed to do to get out of the situation was end the argument, drive on to the nearest police station and report him.

Second degree murder.
And you know the traffic situation would have allowed him to drive off because... ??

Last edited by Bitey; 12-05-2016 at 07:51 PM..

Old 12-05-2016, 08:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Two NFL players fatally shot (Joe McKnight death recently) in the New Orleans area. Black shooter arrested while the White shooter released with no charges.

Trial Starts for Suspect in Ex-NFL Star Will Smith's Murder While Alleged Shooter of Ex-Player Joe McKnight is Free - ABC News

Gotta love our system. Obviously designed for white people. If you go back and look at our constitutional rights it seems like black people was never receive same rights period so jailing or killing a black male if your white is looked as a badge of honor at least that's how it looks with the lack of justice maybe my theory is wrong but I doubt it.
"Racism!! Racism!! Racism!! I don't know the facts, but I'm going to scream racism anyway."

Old 12-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Mebbie so, but this was in Jefferson Parish, not New Orleans.
Your right, I should have said Louisiana.

I've encountered so much corruption there that it all blurs together.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarock View Post
I know I see a guy kill a guy Unarmed with a gun so this guy was scared of a unarmed guy and decided to kill him, I don't know if a black guy can shoot a white for screaming at him.

The "Race Card" as you call it is just in the head of me, for goodness sakes, I have no idea why.

No, I don't get the theme of your post, it lacks logic.
The theme in my post, which anyone with a minute ability to process information would understand, is about waiting until the facts are in so one can make an informed decision.
It's not my post that lacks logic, it's your lack of understanding the logic in my post. That's on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies