Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 03:02 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times

Advertisements

Politically Correct Law
Remember, if the victim is melanin enhanced and culprit is melanin deficient, it's the fault of the culprit.
If the victim is melanin deficient and the culprit is melanin enhanced, it's the fault of the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 06:16 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southside89 View Post
Me and you wasn't there. I'm reading news articles who interviewed witnesses that was actually seen what happened. Of course they are investigating this incident and people waiting for more facts but sometimes the investigations like this can be racially driven cover up by the authorities.
Yep, arresting and charging the man with manslaughter is just a clever part of the cover-up.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Their was recently a police officer charged with murder in NYC for shooting someone for coming up to the window in a road rage episode.
You might have a point if the self defense laws were the same in LA and NY, but they aren't. The NY law requires you to retreat if possible while the LA law does not. Additionally, the NY law requires that the other person must have a deadly weapon while the LA law doesn't.

How does self-defense work in New York? — New York City Criminal Lawyer Blog — May 20, 2014

https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78338

If you read 4a from the LA law, you can use deadly force to keep someone from entering your vehicle.

Quote:
(4)(a) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person committing the homicide reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

--—------------

Quote:
Me and you wasn't there. I'm reading news articles who interviewed witnesses that was actually seen what happened. Of course they are investigating this incident and people waiting for more facts but sometimes the investigations like this can be racially driven cover up by the authorities.
Sorry, but witness testimony is not a fact but an account, and we've recently learned that witnesses aren't very reliable. We heard witnesses say Brown was shot in the back, which forensic evidence proved was not possible. Additionally, the last I heard, they interviewed 168 people on this case. I'm guessing we are going to hear many different accounts of what happened.

So, you are only speculating, and apparently you don't know the difference.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yep, arresting and charging the man with manslaughter is just a clever part of the cover-up.
After reading section 4a of the LA justifiable homicide law (above), I think it will be nearly impossible to convict Gasser. (Keep in mind there is a difference between saying he is innocent and saying he can't be convicted).

From what has been reported by the news, it appears is though Gasser was in his vehicle with the window up. He fired all three rounds from inside the car through the window. McKnight was next to the window causing blood to enter the vehicle. McKnight is on video chasing after Gasser.

This information, assuming it is being properly reported by the media, points to a legally justifiable homocide according to LA law. This is most likely why he was not initially charged.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:51 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,625,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You can feel free to jump out of your car and use your Jackie Chan skills if you'd like.

As for me, I'll do the prudent thing and remain in my car until I feel there is a threat requiring a 9mm.

Some people are under this delusion that they are some ultra tough street fighter that will take on all comers. But once the situation arises, they will just pray they end up safe.

I'll do my best to ensure I'm ok via my Hornady Critical Defense rounds.

I'll leave pretending to be Jean Claude Van Dam to you.
And your under the delusion that you'll need a gun for every little thing. The paranoia you display is sad. Be an adult.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
And your under the delusion that you'll need a gun for every little thing. The paranoia you display is sad. Be an adult.
It's better to have a gun and not need one than need one and not have one.

Part of being an adult is being prepared to take care of yourself and your family.

If you choose to be helpless if you are ever put in a serious situation, that is your choice.

I choose to be prepared as an adult.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:58 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
You're under the delusion that your statement is completely honest?

How is not defending yourself being an adult? I love my life too much to play fair when I'm defending myself. You going to be reciting the Marquess of Queensberry rules when you get into a tussle?

Old 12-07-2016, 11:58 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying he shot him because he was black (although its highly likely), All I'm saying the way the justice system is set up in this country, most white people (specifically white men) are treated very different when it comes to the justice system. So you saying it's alright for a suspect to kill someone, gets released from custody with no charges, and then a few days later the suspect was arrested and charged with manslaughter?

It's funny how you pointing out bits and pieces of my responses saying its racist but keep dodging the questions wondering why would the murder suspect receiving special treatment than the other scumbags that are serving time in prison.
1. Suspects are often brought in for questioning in crimes, released and later charged as more evidence is gathered. ESPECIALLY someone that worked in law enforcement who is going to be smart enough to say the right things to present their case as self-defense and not just crack under questions or say something that goes against self-defense statutes.

2. You're comparing the treatment of a suspect to people serving time in prison, aka already convicted and you can't figure out why it's different?

3. You have made a lot of racist statements in the thread. Don't cry about it when you get called out.

You really are the poster child for why I said we should wait for more information and not just succumb to racist bias right off the bat. Here you still are after the guy has been brought up on charges trying to describe this as a horrible racial injustice because you can't admit you were hasty and once charges were brought you looked foolish. Now all you have is that the charges that took a couple days just didn't come fast enough. Give it a rest, looks to me like justice is being served.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
What is bad is this guy makes the argument that anyone and everyone should be allowed to carry a gun harder to make. I support your right to carry. I believe it's a Constitutional right and support that (even though I don't even own a gun) but when people abuse that right like we see here it makes that argument much harder to make.

Old 12-07-2016, 12:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You're under the delusion that your statement is completely honest?

How is not defending yourself being an adult? I love my life too much to play fair when I'm defending myself. You going to be reciting the Marquess of Queensberry rules when you get into a tussle?
If I'm a juror you are going to be found guilty unless you can show a real, actual reason your life was at risk. Some guy yelling at you in traffic is not a valid reason. Getting punched isn't even necessarily a valid reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies