Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 10:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

IWhole lot of limosine lefties on this thread saying -we are the oppressed middle class- while Maria and jose do the housekeeping and gardening on the house -
And while you are at it maria- throw out all those amazon empty boxes from all my Chinese goods purchases-
Limousine lefties -sweating the loss of social security and medical benefits -something those they exploit do not even have
Btw many Chinese goods use prison forced labor in effect slave labor
For those waving the bloody shirt of american slave history -let that sink in for a minute

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 09-20-2018 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 10:56 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,837,430 times
If SS, medicare, and medicaid are failing or going to fail, can't we just move some money from the military budget ? That's where the fat is.

I thought Republicans cared about deficits.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:11 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
If SS, medicare, and medicaid are failing or going to fail, can't we just move some money from the military budget ? That's where the fat is.

Its all fat, americas politicians need to be put on a starvation diet
*burp*

Old 09-20-2018, 11:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Nope, we've got to increase the military budget. We only spend more than the next 10 countries combined right now. It's not enough! Let grandma eat cat food. The MIC needs MORE, MORE, MORE!

Quote:
Silly boy. That only applies when there is a Democrat in the White House.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:20 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
You are more than welcome to invest your own money, however you are obliged to contribute to social security.
Wow, brilliant, thanks for the heads up on what I've known for my entire working adult life, unfortunately for you that is not what we were talking about. We were talking about my opinion on NOT having the government require us to do so, because I believe its not an effective or fair program. Try to keep up please.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:23 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
GOP to kill SS and Medicare after election.

That's their goal. They would do it today if they could.

As it is the Republicans have done this before. The strategy is called "Starving the Beast". It goes back at least to Reagan.
Here's the funny part. The 25% of the voting public that elected Trump will continue to CELEBRATE the fantasy that their children and their children's children will be living in the glory of the New Age. By golly after chopping those programs it's going to trickle down to them, after all the "free market" will surely lead them all to prosperity. It's just a matter of pulling themselves up by their boot straps.

In the back of their minds they KNOW that this is a fantasy, and that the Trump movement is based on a house of cards.
Subconsciously many of the Trump Cult think that the Republicans would never dream of cutting SS or Medicare, two programs which are absolutely essential for them to retire at some level of safety and comfort. But they are dead wrong. And they won't find out until it is too late.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:24 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Kudlow answered a question from Becky Quick on CNBC on entitlements.

He said the GOP will fix them.

Just like Rubio did when the GOP controlled all 3 parts of the Government.

So the GOP playbook, cut taxes for the top 1% and then do not pay for anything. Increase spending to force even greater deficits.

Create HUGE deficits and start telling all the followers oh do not worry we are fixing it all.

We have already seen them fix the ACA by trying to kill it.

No matter what the GOP needs to lose control of the House and Senate.
All they have to do to make SS solvent is to raise the wage cap to above $150,000.00. They won't do that.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:27 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
GOP to kill SS and Medicare after election.

That's their goal. They would do it today if they could.

As it is the Republicans have done this before. The strategy is called "Starving the Beast". It goes back at least to Reagan.
So, they have control of the house, senate and presidency...but they would do it if they could?

Oh, but after the election they'll then be able to?

Are you guys so scared that you can't even see how that makes no logical sense?

Old 09-20-2018, 11:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
All they have to do to make SS solvent is to raise the wage cap to above $150,000.00. They won't do that.
Because they don't want it to be solvent. They want it dead.

Paul Ryan has been dreaming about this since the day he didn't need SS anymore, after it supported him and his family and put him through school after his father died when he was a teen. He has fantasized about pulling the ladder up behind him since then.

Anybody who doubts this should read his 2012 tax and budget plans. His plan being implemented as he leaves Congress is his parting shot.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
More reason for me to pad my 401K, investment and savings accounts. I would love to have SS when I retire but I am going to be ready for retirement as if SS never existed.

As for health care, I think it will be fixed within the next 10 years and hopefully all of us will be happy with it. Either that or the world will end in the meantime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies