Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
My gay son says the exact same thing. Cancel the gay Pride Parade.

No way in Oklahoma. Canceling the two gay parades in Oklahoma would be taken as a sign of defeat. One bill waiting to be heard would make it legal to discriminate against LGBT's for any reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 06:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No way in Oklahoma. Canceling the two gay parades in Oklahoma would be taken as a sign of defeat. One bill waiting to be heard would make it legal to discriminate against LGBT's for any reason.
Link to that bill?

Does it give the employer the right to fire anyone for any reason or just gay people for any reason?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Link to that bill?

Does it give the employer the right to fire anyone for any reason or just gay people for any reason?
https://trofire.com/2017/01/22/oklah...ecent-history/

Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Dogs, unlike adult humans, are not capable of consent.

Leave consenting adults alone in their sex lives. It's really none of your business unless you are invited to join.
I'm with you on this one. I don't want to know and I'll never ask what others are doing. I'm sure gay couples are a lot like my wife and I. When you hit 50 it's few and far between

Old 01-25-2017, 06:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I would say Oklahoma is probably the most LGBT-hostile place in this country, with Mississippi and Alabama close behind. The fundamentalist Christians here have complete control and I don't think I am being hyperbolic by saying that if it wasn't for the U.S. constitution, homosexuality would be a punishable offense in Oklahoma. How far they would go, I can't speculate. Being gay in Oklahoma City today is a lot like it was in much of the country in the 1980s. Much better than the 1950s, but there is still a lot of progress to be made. You have to be very aware of surroundings here and not disclose it to just anyone. Gay pride parades were started because of environments like this. They provided a "safe space" where people could be themselves without the fear and discrimination they face most of the time. That's how it still is here. I am not sure San Francisco or Los Angeles still need a gay pride parade, but Oklahoma City sure does.

Old 01-25-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Obsessed? not at all, you see... I don't see sex in peoples crap holes as sex, I see that as a mentally ill deviance.
Is it also your business if I want to go to Burger King and stick a wiener in my mouth?

Old 01-25-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Really? Normal and fine? So.. sticking an appendage that was designed to create, designed for a female is acceptable to stick up an area that was designed to process waste?

That is normal? Seems pretty stupid to me. Do you wash your hair in the toilet as well?
Why should a straight person be so deeply obsessed with homosexual sex? Or are you gay?

Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Religious gay people would probably prefer a church while non religious gays might want to be married in a pretty church or in another type of venue. You know, just like they were "normal" people.

I'm just amazed this is still an issue. God made gay people gay. I'm not going to argue with God on that. I'll just accept His wisdom on that decision. If I turned away a gay person because they were gay, He probably wouldn't be happy with my decision.

I'm seeing more and more Christians saying the same thing. In time, it will be the majority. Slowly but surely, as they say.
Agreed!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:08 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
No one gets fired for being gay. Gays just want to be a "protected class" so they can sue if they are fired for anything or feel discriminated, etc.

At least in m corporate world, gays are treated like a protected class and get away with saying this most woild be fired for. There's a gay dude on my floor who I swear does nothing but gossip with the girls. Calls them "*******" and is constantly telling stories about his nights out . . .of course his manager is afraid to say anyhting

Do you know all companies though? A lot of people find being gay to be unnatural like the one person in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
"Now that gays can get married what other "LGBT rights" are needed according to leftists?"

Getting married isn't a special right; it's an equal right.

Yeah and how do we even know that they are still going to be able to get married?

Quote:
Narcissism can be a possible cause for mental illness, but whether Trump is, I can not say. I can say that a person who seeks the sexual relations of another of the same sex is in serious mental danger and in need of help. Nobody of sound mind thinks sexual relations with the same sex is normal or reasonable. It is deviant and abnormal and should be attended to.

They need help, not encouragement for their deviance.
Pay attention to nature. Maybe turn on the Discovery channel once in a while.

Quote:
Really? Normal and fine? So.. sticking an appendage that was designed to create, designed for a female is acceptable to stick up an area that was designed to process waste?

That is normal? Seems pretty stupid to me. Do you wash your hair in the toilet as well?
There are other ways to be intimate even when you're gay. That's not the only way.

No I don't but when you're a female, if you get constipated enough it can hit on your urethra. Also the vagina is supposed to be for sex and the urethra is just for peeing but being that the structure is so close together you're already at risk of going against the design. It's the same general area as gross as it sounds. I personally don't believe in anal sex myself because yes I would find it gross to do but that's mainly because it wouldn't feel comfortable and considering this fact, I don't see the problem with others doing it.

Quote:
I don't care, but apparently I am supposed to be considerate of people who like to put things in thier butts, simply because they like to do so? Last time I checked, those people who put things in their butts were demanding they be recognized for putting things in their butts, so please excuse me if I object to a point they demand to be recognized for?

They demanded such recognition, not I.
I think you should be more concerned about how many men (no matter if they're gay or straight) won't wash their hands after they go to the bathroom. Also how many people don't dispose of medicine properly and it ends up in our drinking water. These are just a few things too that would be considered gross that happen with a larger group.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 PM

778 posts, read 339,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A doctor can't use "religious belief" to deny someone of another religion those services.
A doctor can't use "religious belief" to deny someone of a particular race those services.
Why can a doctor use "religious belief" to deny me those services?

There is no religious belief with regard to race. And apparently there is a 1st Amendment protection for doctors because you were the one who brought it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies