Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 09:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The bloded is a lie
Wrong.
Quote:
The state government shall not take any discriminatory
action against a person wholly or partially on the basis that the
person declines to participate in the provision of treatments,
counseling, or surgeries related to sex reassignment or gender
identity transitioning or declines to participate in the provision
of psychological, counseling, or fertility services based upon a
sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction described in
Section 2 of this act.
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/HB1523SG.pdf

So a doctor can deny me fertility treatment, a medical procedure, because I am married to a woman and the state will do nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 09:54 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
We could say the same thing for any movement, right or left. Look at the women's March and their truth compared to many other feminist who had a different truth.

Any promotion of any group is exclusive of all others. Black lives matter, lgbt, evangelical whites...Etc. All exclusionary.
OP is pretending lgbt is seeking special privilege , they are not I am simply doing what OP is doing defining opposition.....

If the right is allowed to define whole swaths of the population, then so are we... sauce for the goose and all that.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:56 AM

274 posts, read 120,526 times
Same Sex Marriage is allowed and SHOULD be allow that is all there is to it..

Old 01-25-2017, 09:58 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
What about being fat? Ugly?. In at Will employment, that's just how it goes.
I've been working since my early teens, and I've seen quite a lot. PROVING that someone was treated unfairly for ANY reason is very difficult, if not damn near impossible. Special provisions for gays is not going to be any different. If an employer wants to get rid of someone, they know the rules. They will create a nice long paper trail to cover themselves. And/or harass and disgust you until you quit. They're quite good at both methods. People who want to be witnesses for someone else usually lose their nerve after realizing they will be next. I've seen it, I've been through it. Special rules may make you feel better, but in reality it won't change much, if anything at all. The classic pattern for promises from democrat politicians. Would that the well meaning gay people realize this. I'm grateful for the ability to marry who I want, but most of everything else the democrats do is suicidal to our way of life.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:01 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Wrong.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/HB1523SG.pdf

So a doctor can deny me fertility treatment, a medical procedure, because I am married to a woman and the state will do nothing about it.
Someone won't do your elective medical procedure? That's not denying you healthcare.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:26 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,348,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
You're right. Rural and suburban whites came out and voted for their identity politics.
Many of those people voted for Obama in the prior two elections. You guys do not get it. This election was not about race or ethnicity. This election was about working class people with a declining economic status and the prospect of NO jobs and declining wages. These people would have voted for Bernie in a heartbeat.

Trump is highly defective, but any defective candidate was better than putting Hilary in the White House. Trump won despite ALL his horrendous shortcomings. That should tell you something about how much voters disliked the establishment. And Hillary was the establishment.

You guys are blinded by racial identity politics.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Same Sex Marriage is allowed and SHOULD be allow that is all there is to it..
I agree!

Should the churches perform the ceremony?

Old 01-25-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Civil rights apply to everyone, not just certain groups of people. That's what makes them civil rights.
Gee nice strawman. I do not disagree with that. Yes they apply to ALL therefore there is no need to segregate people by skin color

Quote:
In a perfect world, he's right. We're not there yet. Hence the need for laws to protect civil rights.
The French have strong anti-discrimination laws and yet they not classify people according to looks or phenotype. In France everybody is a human regardless of skin color.

Classifying people according to color is racist.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I agree!

Should the churches perform the ceremony?
It should be up to the church.

I would have no objection to gay weddings at my church. Would my church, probably not. If it ever comes to a vote, I'll vote to allow gay weddings.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Someone won't do your elective medical procedure? That's not denying you healthcare.
Maybe you should re read my post where I stated that I can be denied SOME medical treatments. I never claimed that I could be denied all healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies