Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 09:55 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Of course, they want to be re-elected. That's why we can use their need to have good press, not bad press and why we can use calls and meetings because we do vote and they will be voted out if they do not listen and act. That is how the tea party managed to get their congress people to stop anything that the democrats wanted to do. We will do the same thing they did and it works.
When did the Tea Party stand on a podium and say they were going to Blow Up the White House? (and far far worse was said which I can't repeat here)

Then of course there were 100s who are facing 10 years jail time for the rioting that hit DC the day before. I realize they were different groups, but the vast majority of the country seems them and the pussyhats as the same sort of thing.

Congress is going to do everything they can to, to distance themselves from this.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
When will you people realize that the Silent Majority is a real thing? That all of this sound and fury signifies nothing on election day? I guess it will never sink in.

They are still in bad denial.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:57 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So why didn't they vote?

There are are over 5M women here in NC and though Hillary spent 10s of millions campaigning here, she lost by wide margin.
Of the five of us in our family, four of whom attended the march, the four oldest voted. The youngest will vote in the next presidential election.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Of the five of us in our family, four of whom attended the march, the four oldest voted. The youngest will vote in the next presidential election.
This is anecdotal. It doesn't answer the question that you were responded to.

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because educating children benefits all of us, I'm not sure why you can't figure that out on your own though, that's kind of scary. No one expects Trump to withdraw any of his nominees from consideration but who knows after what happened yesterday, there might be a few Republican senators who don't just give him a blank check on some of the most outrageous cabinet picks.
Considering your reading comprehension skills, it doesn't sound like you received a very good education. I asked why it's okay for "all of us" to pay for public schools and not religious schools. Especially for people who live in cities and pay for both public schools that they don't use and private schools for their own children?

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You realize Madonna was a protester right? Lol
She's a strong woman. A crazy successful strong woman with a foul mouth.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:00 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Well, in all fairness and in all honesty, as a women, I assume we’re all a bit used to sexual harassment and assault (you will never believe how soul crushing it is to admit that) Now that I am getting a little bit older, (was born in 1985) I know the differences between assault, harassment, and just friendly, harmless flirt. So I try not to be all drama queen about it.

Growing up with two very beautiful big brothers (both modeled), one was a Marine, I know what locker room talk really is, what Trump said was a little bit beyond just locker room talk. This, I do admit and I am not going to defend him for that.

I , however, don't believe that normalize this sort of behavior, it only escalates. I think decent men will always be decent men.

I think Mr. Trump is a very intelligent man who has a lot of flaws. Like it or not, admit it or not, he is OUR president now, and nobody can really change it. If he wins, we all win. We are all in this together.

I am not a protest kind of gal. So I won't judge either way. I think the country deserves some healing, and I think it is about time to move on.

Maybe different people have different definition of the word "strong". I think nothing is stronger than gentle strength. But that is just my opinion.

Somehow, saying the F word every few seconds is not necessarily strong to me. But it is just me.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
When did the Tea Party stand on a podium and say they were going to Blow Up the White House? (and far far worse was said which I can't repeat here)

Then of course there were 100s who are facing 10 years jail time for the rioting that hit DC the day before. I realize they were different groups, but the vast majority of the country seems them and the pussyhats as the same sort of thing.

Congress is going to do everything they can to, to distance themselves from this.
So now you speak for the "vast majority"? I give the vast majority credit for being able to see the difference between a small handful of agitators looking to cause trouble on Trumps big day and millions of peaceful people/woman coming together to march the day after the swearing in.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
boys are threatened by females who stand up and the men who support them, so they resort to name calling and laughing as they do not understand. And as for VP Pence. I better not... But what Madonna said!!'
'but what madonna said!!' - are you endorsing her blowjobs-for-votes promise?

Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
So why didn't they vote? There are are over 5M women here in NC and though Hillary spent 10s of millions campaigning here, she lost by wide margin.
At the women's march in Sacramento I talked to a number of women who admitted voting for Trump. They had buyer's remorse to the extent that they got up and went out on a cold January day to let the world know how they felt. Given the turnout in many 'red' areas in the US I think that those ladies at the Sacramento event were no the only ones Trump voters who are regretting their decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies