Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 03:43 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
This is real freedom right there for the elderly. According to the CBO, headed by a republican, a 64-year old has to pay $14 600 for insurance under Trumpcare. Today, he or she pays $1700 on average. The young healthy generations are compelled to subsidize the elderly under the current mandate system. Thats what insurance is. The healthy subsidize the sick. Just like the drivers with no accidents subsidize the ones who do get into accidents.

Trumpcare would devastate rural, elderly America. Thats freedom right there.

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/841405527116656640
Freedom is an interesting word people may use to describe Trump Care, but freedom "from" Health Care is not freedom at all. Universally, everyone on the planet gets sick and needs medical care. Due to different circumstances (one big one--having a pre-existing and another one, age) some people, many will not be able to afford Trump Care like they did w/ Obama Care. Freedom to get sick and die. I wouldn't call that freedom personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 03:50 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No it will never work and everyone knows it. The cost of intensive care is often several hundred thousand dollars. And permanent disability often the result. Paid for by everyone.

Thats why only anti-social darwinians support such a thing. They dont think things through and are fueled by rage and not reason.
But, typically when something happens to this type of person, they cry the loudest and claim the most benefits that they can. I've seen this a lot.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:56 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,460,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
But, typically when something happens to this type of person, they cry the loudest and claim the most benefits that they can. I've seen this a lot.
I know several of these types too. On disability, but cry about all social safety nets and how its stealing from them. When pointed out they receive disability which is a form of social safety net the typical response is "well I earned mine"

Old 03-15-2017, 04:44 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump's base knows this is Ryancare.

Trump's base doesn't support Paul Ryan.

It isn't anymore complicated than that.
Who's the president, Ryan or Trump?

Old 03-15-2017, 04:54 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I know several of these types too. On disability, but cry about all social safety nets and how its stealing from them. When pointed out they receive disability which is a form of social safety net the typical response is "well I earned mine"
Funny, I know only one person on disability and he doesn't like Trump. In fact, he texted today "We should have a revote to get trump out. Ha ha"

Old 03-15-2017, 05:02 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
The entire concept of insurance in healthcare needs to be abolished. Period. A massive for profit industry like that involved in the delivery of care not only tacks on unnecessary billions in costs, it is a complete conflict of interest.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:41 PM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
why do people get sucked into these threads when they are obviously falsehoods and misleading ? really.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:57 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
they're all free marketers/Ayn Randians until it happens to them- then suddenly it's different b/c they've "earned it" somehow....

Ayn Rand herself took social security and Medicare when the time came.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:37 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
If they can't pay, then they will need to find a hospital or doctor to volunteer to help them. But absolutely no do the taxpayers get a bill.

Hospitals are a business and being a doctor is a profession, everyone is in the business of making money. If I have a loss in my business I don't get to send the bill to the taxpayer to reimburse me.
Any doctor who would refuse to operate on someone who couldn't pay would not only be violating the Hippocratic Oath, but would also be a very evil soulless person.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:44 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
Yeah.

I walk by homeless people all the time knowing they will die, a situation I live with just fine.

Somewhere in the world, there are millions of kids dying of malnutrition, a situation I live with just fine.

I made peace that I'm here on this rock for myself and my family.
Wow, you sound very, well I don't even know what word to use without it becoming a personal attack. Let's just say that this is the definition of sociopathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies